Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 07-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #15
aestil

Drives: White
If I get the 1LE it will be a DD 99% of the time, as I assume most of 1LE cars purchased will be. I will choose it with the knowledge of those extra capabilities and the cool factor where I know I have the eLSD out of the Corvette and 305 rears.

It's not like it's necessary to have those things, nor is it necessary to have the 1SS or 2SS either actually. Everything about these cars are an excess of what is 'necessary' but I might be willing to pay a bit more for the cool factor and special factor that the 1LE will give.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #16
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
I figure I will comment since I actually watched them driving the car... This is in the auto club speedway (Fontana California) parking lot. Motortrend is ALWAYS testing cars here. I work in the building right on the other side of the fence and always get to see them doing the figure 8 with the car.

It was there with a new Jag F type in red, a yellow orange McLaren of some type. A red Viper with Black Stripes. A new Focus RS a yellow GT350R (big spoiler? think it was an R)

Sounded and looked just like the SS but had all the markings of the 1LE. They were TEARING it up sideways around the figure 8. I am going to take a shot in the dark and say Chris was driving it.... Couldn't verify with the wheels as it was moving the whole time.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #17
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
I figure I will comment since I actually watched them driving the car... This is in the auto club speedway (Fontana California) parking lot. Motortrend is ALWAYS testing cars here. I work in the building right on the other side of the fence and always get to see them doing the figure 8 with the car.

It was there with a new Jag F type in red, a yellow orange McLaren of some type. A red Viper with Black Stripes. A new Focus RS a yellow GT350R (big spoiler? think it was an R)

Sounded and looked just like the SS but had all the markings of the 1LE. They were TEARING it up sideways around the figure 8. I am going to take a shot in the dark and say Chris was driving it.... Couldn't verify with the wheels as it was moving the whole time.

slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:58 PM   #18
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Kinda like many of the people here that will inevitably buy one because it looks cool and it will never see a track?

I mean, it's their car and all... But.. I see those as the same over all issue with a car like that.

>set flamesuit = $True
Why does it bother you so much, what other people want to spend their money on?
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:20 PM   #19
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post

Nice! Maybe they are doing a comparison test between the gt350r and 1le? I'd love to see that!
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:30 PM   #20
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
Haven't found any articles but the hood made me wonder?
Where did you find that picture?
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:43 PM   #21
Cirrus

Drives: MINI and Ford
MT is doing their "Best Driver's Car" testing right now. Hopefully the 1LE is a part of it!
Cirrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #22
IPAbeer

Drives: Infiniti G37xS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Kinda like many of the people here that will inevitably buy one because it looks cool and it will never see a track?

I mean, it's their car and all... But.. I see those as the same over all issue with a car like that.

>set flamesuit = $True
Although the 1LE is track focused not everyone will track it but also not everyone lives in the flat plains of the US. There's canyon roads, mountain passes and twisties that would fully take advantage of the upgraded bits that are included on the car. Some are also making their own version of the 1LE with similar looking parts so to them this is just completed by the factory, under warranty.

And if someone wanted a true all out track car I'd guess the Camaro 1LE wouldn't be at the top of their list to begin with for many reasons.

Another word who cares! It's great there's these options by many manufactures these days and there's competition between them which we all benefit from!
IPAbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:35 PM   #23
Ellis

Drives: Future owner of a 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Where did you find that picture?
Motortends snapchat. If you have a snap give them a follow post some pretty cool stuff��
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:46 AM   #24
RideZX6R
Probably tired right now

Drives: 1Lap1LE | EV6 FE | 18 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Nice! Maybe they are doing a comparison test between the gt350r and 1le? I'd love to see that!
So much yes...

I hope Carlos Lago does the review
RideZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:46 AM   #25
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Why does it bother you so much, what other people want to spend their money on?
That was not the point of my reply.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:47 AM   #26
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPAbeer View Post
Although the 1LE is track focused not everyone will track it but also not everyone lives in the flat plains of the US. There's canyon roads, mountain passes and twisties that would fully take advantage of the upgraded bits that are included on the car. Some are also making their own version of the 1LE with similar looking parts so to them this is just completed by the factory, under warranty.

And if someone wanted a true all out track car I'd guess the Camaro 1LE wouldn't be at the top of their list to begin with for many reasons.

Another word who cares! It's great there's these options by many manufactures these days and there's competition between them which we all benefit from!
Also not the point of my reply.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:25 AM   #27
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I would love to see the first reviews against a GT350 and an R. I doubt the 1LE will come close to the R but I bet it gives the base GT350 a run for its money.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #28
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPAbeer View Post

No offense but twisties and canyon roads aren't going to get you anywhere near the capabilities of even the SS never mind the 1LE. Trust me. I thought I was a total back road bad ass. Tracks are a COMPLETELY different game.