Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #1
Koby

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
First Weekend with the ZLE - Impressions & Break In Questions

So this weekend was my first with the ZLE. The car is everything I dreamed it would be and more; I'm obsessed. I've washed it three times since I picked it up on Friday.

I had about a 100 mile drive home from the dealership. During that trip, I did a couple pulls up to 4k from half throttle, 3/4 throttle, and one WOT (3rd - 4th gears). Always shifted right at 4k. This was recommended to me set the rings correctly.

Otherwise, she's been babied. Goosed a few times (so hard to resist), but never WOT, and never above 3500-4000. It is my intention to keep this driving style until 1000 miles for break in.

I also plan on my first oil change at 500 miles. I'm almost at 300 now. What oil/filter do you guys use? Don't want an argument, is there a consensus on what the best is? Also, when should I consider tranny or other fluid? (6MT)

Also, gas. I have a choice between 93 w/ 10 ethanol, or 91 non-ethanol. Any prevailing school of thought on that?

What else do I need to do to break it in correctly? This is all street use, no track time for at least a while. I want to make sure I'm really doing everything the right way!

Edit: I found this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552667, I'm assuming that's still accurate?

Last edited by Koby; 07-22-2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: search function actually works
Koby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
I always use the AC Delco PF64, which is the filter form the factory. The Wix equivalent is good too.

Car is tuned for 93 so use that or it pulls timing, E10 is fine and provides cooling.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koby View Post
So this weekend was my first with the ZLE. The car is everything I dreamed it would be and more; I'm obsessed. I've washed it three times since I picked it up on Friday.

I had about a 100 mile drive home from the dealership. During that trip, I did a couple pulls up to 4k from half throttle, 3/4 throttle, and one WOT (3rd - 4th gears). Always shifted right at 4k. This was recommended to me set the rings correctly.

Otherwise, she's been babied. Goosed a few times (so hard to resist), but never WOT, and never above 3500-4000. It is my intention to keep this driving style until 1000 miles for break in.

I also plan on my first oil change at 500 miles. I'm almost at 300 now. What oil/filter do you guys use? Don't want an argument, is there a consensus on what the best is? Also, when should I consider tranny or other fluid? (6MT)

Also, gas. I have a choice between 93 w/ 10 ethanol, or 91 non-ethanol. Any prevailing school of thought on that?

What else do I need to do to break it in correctly? This is all street use, no track time for at least a while. I want to make sure I'm really doing everything the right way!

Edit: I found this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552667, I'm assuming that's still accurate?
The best is the 0W40 ESP Mobil 1 Oil w/ PF64 Delco filter. The only other fluid to change on the high priority list is the rear diff, which you only want to use the GM stuff for. Easy enough of a job too. No need to change the tranny fluid for a while. Check out my pinned thread at the top of the ZL1 section for info on all of this.

Keep enjoying it.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote