Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-22-2019, 07:03 AM   #15
Jim50thSS

Drives: 50th SS Convertible
I just recently used the meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax. I thought it was super easy to apply and I think it works pretty well. If you don't want to spend a lot of money but want something better than wax. I would clean and clay and then use something like this.
Jim50thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:08 AM   #16
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Simple- I wash and hand wax often. I also use spray wax in between the hand waxes. I use clean wash cloths and clean buffing rags. I also clay barred my 2016 that I bought used first before I waxed it.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:34 AM   #17
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I like how the ceramic coating people think that easier cleaning is only exclusive to ceramic coatings. It's not. A waxed, sealed or any type of good protection over the paint all do the same thing, just that the ceramic coatings do last longer.

But to answer the question, I use Collenite 845 every 6 months and as of right now, P&S Beadmaker as my quick detailer after every wash.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:43 AM   #18
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7WSM View Post
I like how the ceramic coating people think that easier cleaning is only exclusive to ceramic coatings. It's not. A waxed, sealed or any type of good protection over the paint all do the same thing, just that the ceramic coatings do last longer.

But to answer the question, I use Collenite 845 every 6 months and as of right now, P&S Beadmaker as my quick detailer after every wash.
Because it's reality. Ceramic coating is harder than any other coating you can put on your paint. 9H is the level of hardness and no wax or paint sealant comes close. Bugs wipe right off with no effort. Tar wipes off with not having to use tar remover. Would I probably ceramic my next car, no. I use a good paint sealant and save some money. I have 4 cars, two with Ceramic and two without and the 2 with clean up a lot easier than the two with paint sealant.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #19
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Because it's reality. Ceramic coating is harder than any other coating you can put on your paint. 9H is the level of hardness and no wax or paint sealant comes close. Bugs wipe right off with no effort. Tar wipes off with not having to use tar remover. Would I probably ceramic my next car, no. I use a good paint sealant and save some money. I have 4 cars, two with Ceramic and two without and the 2 with clean up a lot easier than the two with paint sealant.
I used them all the time too. Anything from OptiCoat, CQuarts, 22PLE, ect. Last year I had CQuarts on the Camaro, it's was no different in washing and cleaning then having wax on the car. Also, the wax to me makes the car look like it has a warmer glow. The ceramic coatings have more a sterile and sometimes a candied look to them depending on the car and coating. If really hated to maintain the paint, I would have probably stuck with CQuarts, but it's one of those car things I don't mind doing so I switched back to using wax.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #20
Cannon Green

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Thumbs up

Same
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
I use Chemical Guys and Meguiars products.
Cannon Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:36 PM   #21
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Chem guys Jet Seal and their Pete 53 wax. Although I'm really lazy to seal again and contemplating switching to a spray rather. I got the combo on sale last year.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #22
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
My normal routine:

-I use a Sun Joe SPX3001 pressure washer(with an aftermarket short nozzle spray gun) and foam cannon with Adam's Car Shampoo

-If the car is super dirty, I'll follow that with a hand wash using 2 bucket method with Cyclone wash mits from The Rag Company

-I spray P&S Bead Maker as a drying agent then I dry using Chemical Guys large waffle weave drying towels.

-Chemical Guys Matte Detailer and Sealant for the 1LE hood wrap

-Sprayway glass cleaner on my glass

I will clay bar and polish the car about every 4-6 months just to make sure the paint is free of contaminates, swirls and scratches. I'll also pull the wheels off every couple of months and give them a good cleaning and also clean inside the wheel wells.

When it cools down, I'll be doing ceramic coating on it.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #23
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
After I wash my 17 1SS, I use Nanoskin Nano Shock after it somewhat dries, I do not get water spots even after it rains, plus it is very slick and the shine is incredible, I still need to do a quick clay and run my DA polisher over it but that Nano Shock is hard to beat.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #24
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I do not recommend ceramic coating to my customers because it ALWAYS gets water spots. Thats the big negative to ceramic. They are pissed when it gets water spots and I say we have to polish it off and reapply. Thats why all these detailers offer a “warranty.” They got sick of people coming back mad about water spotting.

About 10% of the customers will remember or feel like dealing with returning to get it all done over.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote