Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 07-25-2016, 05:29 AM   #15
Mr Monte

Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
Both my wife & I enjoy the sound of a performance V8 so much that's all we buy but I am excited to see the builds of the I4 Camaros.

Mr Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:37 PM   #16
m3andak

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Congrats on the new ride!
m3andak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #17
Nate...

Drives: 2016 Camaro LTG
Subscried
Old 08-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #18
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Updated

Added RPI Stealth Splash Guards and Novistretch Bra.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:53 PM   #19
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Purchased

Recently bought the 2016+ VTC or Vitesse Throttle Controller for my I4 I will do a review when I receive and install it. I had the VTC for my 2011 V6 Camaro and it did wonders hoping for the same.

Also bought the ZZP LTG Hi-Flow Downpipe it is a direct fit replacement to the ridiculously restrictive stock converters went with the Hi-Flo and not Catless because I don't want to immediately void my warranty with a tune just yet waiting to buy the LTG Stage 2 Cams and a bigger turbo before i go and void my warranty.

Hoping to get before and after dyno numbers for you guys I do intend to buy a CAI right now injen is it for us but I have until an NEC5 Mod Day mid September before I install the downpipe so hoping we get another option or two by then CAI Inc. is taking their sweet time.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 08-17-2016, 07:59 AM   #20
Nate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Recently bought the 2016+ VTC or Vitesse Throttle Controller for my I4 I will do a review when I receive and install it. I had the VTC for my 2011 V6 Camaro and it did wonders hoping for the same.

Also bought the ZZP LTG Hi-Flow Downpipe it is a direct fit replacement to the ridiculously restrictive stock converters went with the Hi-Flo and not Catless because I don't want to immediately void my warranty with a tune just yet waiting to buy the LTG Stage 2 Cams and a bigger turbo before i go and void my warranty.

Hoping to get before and after dyno numbers for you guys I do intend to buy a CAI right now injen is it for us but I have until an NEC5 Mod Day mid September before I install the downpipe so hoping we get another option or two by then CAI Inc. is taking their sweet time.

I'm very interested to see dyno numbers with the high flow cat so please do! I like the JMS throttle controller that I put on the car. It made it a lot easier to heal toe and it felt like it got into boost sooner, I'd expect the Vitesse to feel the same.
It seems like a downpipe swap will be pretty straight forward on these cars. My experience is with Mazdaspeeds though so anything should be easier to work on than those. Haha.
Are you planning to do a downpipe back exhaust too or just the downpipe?
Old 08-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #21
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Evil-Bee-NH,

Great job on the new car so far! Stay tuned for our intake system option for the 2016+ I4 Turbo. We are hoping to update you guys with a hard ship date soon. Thanks!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #22
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate... View Post
I'm very interested to see dyno numbers with the high flow cat so please do! I like the JMS throttle controller that I put on the car. It made it a lot easier to heal toe and it felt like it got into boost sooner, I'd expect the Vitesse to feel the same.
It seems like a downpipe swap will be pretty straight forward on these cars. My experience is with Mazdaspeeds though so anything should be easier to work on than those. Haha.
Are you planning to do a downpipe back exhaust too or just the downpipe?
For now just downpipe to stock exhaust haven't seen a cat-back worth buying I am hoping to god Ark Performance gets something done soon they are huge in the 4 cylinder world and I had their V6 N-II exhaust but I won't wait forever I may just straight pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Evil-Bee-NH,

Great job on the new car so far! Stay tuned for our intake system option for the 2016+ I4 Turbo. We are hoping to update you guys with a hard ship date soon. Thanks!
Ended up buying the Injen doing a few track days soon and wanted some more power I was a huge fan of the Roto-Fab and CAI Inc. on the 5th Gens I had used Injen in the past but was afraid of the Hydrolock Issue on the 5th Gen with where I live. Now that their CAI is top mounted and not behind the bumper I feel more confident. Hope you guys get it to the market soon I know you'll make a good product regardless but time and money is a slipping by.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:13 PM   #23
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

August 30th Upgrades!!!

Installed:
ZZP Hi-Flo Downpipe
Injen Wrinkle Black CAI
Vitesse Throttle Controller (VTC)

Initial opinions drive home opinions:
Car is a whole new beast i'm aggressive and have the VTC set to SP9 there is no turbo/throttle lag anymore at all.

The ZZP Hi-Flo doesn't add a lot of extra sound makes the exhaust note a tad deeper but my system aside from the downpipe is still stock for now. You can feel a powerband difference even on stock SP0 and it is very noticeable.

The CAI was perhaps one of my best surprises I didn't expect a ton of HP or TQ from it these cars are stock tuned very well aside from timing tables and I know it's a Turbo 4-Cylinder car so those who say a CAI does nothing to these cars over a stock air-box is an ill-informed moron in my opinion. More Airflow to a Turbo will always be better even if the HP/TQ gains aren't there the performance on the turbine will be more efficient. Maybe i'm incorrect on my non-turbo knowledge base but it feels like a common sense statement to me. Anyway back on topic! You now have a blow off valve sound with this CAI so those complaining of the lack of one you need only get a CAI it doesn't sound immensely insane but it's very noticeable from the outside as evidenced by my fiancé driving next to me on the way back home.

I will try to get my GoPro up and running for a better in-depth review you'll get to see my ugly mug finally.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:50 PM   #24
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
That's awesome! Impatiently waiting for you to get it on a dyno and hopefully a tune!

The stock tune apparently "down tunes" back to the pre set output figures regardless of mods. From what I've read. But if your showing performance gains then that just may not be true!

Post up some vids of the sound of the intake if you get a chance please.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:41 PM   #25
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Couldn't tell you about the down tuning thing honestly. I've heard alot of back and forth on the 2017 I4 ECM being a little tougher to tune I'm assuming that doesn't include a good dyno tune though. My GoPro is acting up so I'll try a smartphone video or sound clip later tonight or tomorrow so far 40+ problem free pulling hard miles.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:38 AM   #26
Nate...

Very good to hear. I definitely want to hear what your CAI sounds like since I want more induction noise but am uneasy about modifying the recirc valve.
MRT is in the process of documenting their new exhaust setup that I have on my car. I like it a lot and MRT was really popular with the Gen5 v6 guys so maybe that is something to consider. Here is a vid of my car: https://youtu.be/nZ8iuU4jgVI

I was shocked by the difference my PedalMax throttle controller made. Do you think it could be responsible for all the gains that you feel? Did you install them separately?
Old 08-31-2016, 09:29 AM   #27
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate... View Post
Very good to hear. I definitely want to hear what your CAI sounds like since I want more induction noise but am uneasy about modifying the recirc valve.
MRT is in the process of documenting their new exhaust setup that I have on my car. I like it a lot and MRT was really popular with the Gen5 v6 guys so maybe that is something to consider. Here is a vid of my car: https://youtu.be/nZ8iuU4jgVI

I was shocked by the difference my PedalMax throttle controller made. Do you think it could be responsible for all the gains that you feel? Did you install them separately?
Installed everything at once but I know from experience what the throttle controller difference feels like when at SP0 it's at stock acceleration I used that when I picked up the car so I could feel the mod differences and they are very noticeable then with the throttle controller it's instant power and you can still tell it's no longer stock.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #28
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Update

Well been a little while since I updated I haven't noticed any changes in performance yet on the road but I know detuning doesn't effect the throttle controller but the powerband still pulls like i'd imagine with the simple mods i've done. Guess we'll know for certain in two weeks when I get back on the dyno. I was hoping to have some 1/4 times for you guys but the Super Chevy Show at New England Dragway was a wash for racing due to the storms all day sunday... I need to just pick a Saturday and go.