Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

AWE Tuning

Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Lance Armstrong Doping Charges SMH..Loses His Titles

Transcript for Lance Armstrong Ends Doping Fight, Loses Medals

stunning news about lance armstrong. The u.S. Anti-doping agency is STRIPPING AWAY HIS SEVEN TOUR de France titles and banning armstrong from cycling for life, after the cyclist said he will no longer... See More
stunning news about lance armstrong. The u. S.
Anti-doping agency is STRIPPING AWAY HIS SEVEN TOUR de France titles and banning armstrong from cycling for life, after the cyclist said he will no longer contest charges that he used drugs to boost his performance. Neal karlinsky has been on the story since the start. Reporter: The u.
S. Anti-doping agency says it's official. Lance armstrong, one of the most famous athletes in the world, used drugs to fuel his win.
Then, led a wide-ranging conspiracy to keep his team on top. The reality is, there's so much cheating going on in sports, just because you don't fail a drug test, doesn't mean you're not cheating. It's a really important day for clean athletes.
It sets an important reminder that if you cheat with dangerous, performance-enhancing drugs, you're going to be held accountable. And your decision to dope does pay. Reporter: Armstrong spent a small fortune on the case, fighting and losing in court.
He was left with no good options. Either face an open hearing and possibly damning testimony, or refuse to participate. Today in a statement he writes, enough is enough.
Today, I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. He believes the process is one-sided and unfair.
Armstrong says the agency has no power to take away his yellow jersey. I know who won those seven tours, he writes. If he used the drugs that the anti-doping agency claims, how did he do it?
Floyd landis told us, he performed blood transfusions during the tour. Claims armstrong has denied. This is a sad day in sport.
When you think of lance armstrong, you think of what he means to so many people, especially those fighting cancer. Reporter: This may be just the tip of the iceberg. Sources tell us, armstrong may face two civil suits, seeking millions of dollars in damages, accusing armstrong of being a fraud.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Didnt this happen like 6 or 7 months ago?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #3
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Was in the news this week again. And is in alot more trouble then that
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
This was just two months ago. Pretty much says screw you to all the witchhunters.
Back in Austin and just layin' around." He may have been stripped of his seven Tour de France wins, but he's still got the jerseys and can lay back on his couch in his house and look at them.

Retired Navy... A Husband. A Dad. A Veteran as of 2011. 2010 2SS/RS A6 - FlowMaster CatBack - I'm not a Amsoil dealer and will never be one. I believe in its capabilities from personal use with oil analysis reports backing up my OCI's. Besides, I know more than most cut and paste Amsoil dealers which are at least 95% of them.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
This was just two months ago. Pretty much says screw you to all the witchhunters.
Back in Austin and just layin' around." He may have been stripped of his seven Tour de France wins, but he's still got the jerseys and can lay back on his couch in his house and look at them.

To say that everyone else wasnt doping is like trying to say that 6'4" 320 pound olinemen and dlinemen that bench 600 pounds are vegans.

HAHAHAHAH NOT.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Even if he did, he still has inspired millions and raised millions for cancer research, not to mention what he overcame. I know it's not an excuse but cycling has more athletes using performance enhancing drug than almost any other sport, well had. Again not an excuse for him but he still has had an immeasurable impact on people.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
RatRacer

Drives: 11 Synergy Green LS 15 Colorado Z71
I rightly don't care about cycling. I'm more interested in couch potato doping to lose weight watching cycling, sans anal leakage of course.
RatRacer is offline   Reply With Quote