Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

AWE Tuning

Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Any Philadelphia Eagle fans here?

So my KC Chiefs are hiring Andy Reid - anyone here have an opinion of the man & how we'll do? Can't be any worse than this year under Pioli & Crennel.

Insight would be appreciated!
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
he had quite a run with Mcnabb, something like 5 or 6 NFC Championship games ,IIRC 2 or 3 in a row , 1 Superbowl appearance, but no ring.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
villanova09

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS
I'll give it to the guy, he did know how to win, just never in the big games. He has horrible clock management skills, at times horrible play calling (especially in goal line and short yardage situations), and abandonds the run so quickly. I personnally have wanted to see him gone for the past few years. I am glad to see him go, we definitely need changes, and a lot of them
villanova09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
dkp2LT

Both posts remind me of Marty Schottenheimer. When KC hired him from Cleveland there was an article in the Cleveland newspaper for the KC fans that basically said that he would coach good enough to break our heart. Sure enough that's what we got - horrible in the post season.

But the bar has been set really low for next year based on what happened the past few years. With 5 players going to the pro-bowl we have to be the best 2-14 team out there.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
I'm not an Eagle's fan, but as a Packer's fan I know Andy fairly well. He stems from the Mike Holmgren coaching tree. The boy was on the right track to start off with and showed great promise. Then his sons got in trouble and he has not been the same since. I think his head is no longer in the right place. But maybe a change of venue will do him good. But since I don't really care if the chiefs EVER win another game, good luck with that!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
Andy was a good coach here in Philly, best they ever had but the last couple of years due to the loss of some of his other coaching staff, bad draft picks and a total loss of preparation for the games and leadership ( control ) of the team lead to his exit.
Good luck !
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
Any other Eagle's comments out there ?
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Reid wasn't the main problem, getting an itty bitty QB who liked to run like he was a big running back allowing those safety's and line backers to T off on him all the time and had an average throwing ability when he wasn't running was the downfall of the eagles.......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Being from the Philadelphia area, I will say his early success was due to great coordinators. Especially on the defensive side, once Johnson died it was down hill for him. Poor clock management skills, gets pass happy at times, unable to admit when he makes poor player personnel decisions.

On a side note, being a Raider fan I hope he totally shits the bed in K.C.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #10
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
he had quite a run with Mcnabb, something like 5 or 6 NFC Championship games ,IIRC 2 or 3 in a row , 1 Superbowl appearance, but no ring.
Not Reids fault. He had one of the worst QB's behind center. McNabb was as worthless as yeadts on a boar hog. He was always praised for the most part but could never ever perform under pressure. Struggle with what I say next all you want, but read Terrell Owens' book and the truth that is Donovon McNabb. Brings a lot to light. One thing about Owen's.... he doesn't sugar coat what is on his mind and lays it out honestly.
Retired Navy... A Husband. A Dad. A Veteran as of 2011. 2010 2SS/RS A6 - FlowMaster CatBack - I'm not a Amsoil dealer and will never be one. I believe in its capabilities from personal use with oil analysis reports backing up my OCI's. Besides, I know more than most cut and paste Amsoil dealers which are at least 95% of them.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Not Reids fault. He had one of the worst QB's behind center. McNabb was as worthless as yeadts on a boar hog. He was always praised for the most part but could never ever perform under pressure. Struggle with what I say next all you want, but read Terrell Owens' book and the truth that is Donovon McNabb. Brings a lot to light. One thing about Owen's.... he doesn't sugar coat what is on his mind and lays it out honestly.

Wow..you don't like Mcnabb, what a shocker.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
I don't know how you can call a QB that takes a team to 5 NFC conference championship games and 1 super bowl appearance in 8 years. Not many QB's can say that.

I think more blame can be put on Ried, he was a poor play caller. Pretty much 70/30 pass to run ratio over his time in Philly, poor clock management, & makes poor in game adjustments.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
dkp2LT

You all are making me feel so warm and fuzzy for next year!

I'm waiting to see what they do for QB. Better not bring in Vick. Dude spent his jail term a hop, skip and jump from here so I can't believe he'd want to come back. Let alone he's about washed up.