Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack


JUICEDMOTORSPORTS


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2019, 06:54 PM   #15
JRL1LE
 
JRL1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: San Ramon, Ca
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
They really didn't feel like they were up to par with lateral grip but they really can put the power down. But after reviewing the data on Pi Toolbox, they do grip good in the corners. On the sweeper we had on Sunday's autocross, peak G was 1.30 but was able to hold a steady 1.2+ thru the corner. They still feel a little mushy, but they seem to work right now.




They are the camaro offsets, ET11 in front and ET43 in back.
A few guys up here in Norcal has seen faster times on sticky concrete compared to Re71r's.
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:46 PM   #16
kjchristopher
 
Drives: 911SC
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: DFW
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
I finally got mine on the car to drive. 19x11 with 305/30R19 BFG Rival S 1.5.
I just figured out who you are. Howdy - long time Earl.
kjchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #17
TheRealJA105
 
TheRealJA105's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
They really didn't feel like they were up to par with lateral grip but they really can put the power down. But after reviewing the data on Pi Toolbox, they do grip good in the corners. On the sweeper we had on Sunday's autocross, peak G was 1.30 but was able to hold a steady 1.2+ thru the corner. They still feel a little mushy, but they seem to work right now.




They are the camaro offsets, ET11 in front and ET43 in back.
Mushy as in the sidewalls feel soft?
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:31 AM   #18
Scargoes
 
Scargoes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dessert
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
A few guys up here in Norcal has seen faster times on sticky concrete compared to Re71r's.
Yeah, thats what I've heard. Even though we are running on a lower grip asphalt I got them over the RE71Rs because of two reasons, 1) it's the hot time of the year and these were reported to handle heat better, 2) a local guy in a GT350R was 0.3 seconds quicker with these than the RE71s. Now I know that will change when it gets cooler out but thats several months away. And with having a co driver, they tires are likely to be gone by then anyways.



Hi KJ, Been a while. I've come a long way from the GLHS and RX7s.
__________________
2018 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS 1LE with Nav, PDR, and track alignment

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:51 AM   #19
Scargoes
 
Scargoes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dessert
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Mushy as in the sidewalls feel soft?
Yes, They seen to have more sidewall flex. Last weekend was my first outing on them. It was a totally new setup so I wasn't sure what to expect.
__________________
2018 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS 1LE with Nav, PDR, and track alignment

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:03 AM   #20
vangaurdtrooper
 
Drives: 2016 2SS 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 19
Are you using the same lug nut as from your Stock wheels? I am having my wheels mounted and firestone called me wondering if the stock Lug nuts will fit, that it seems like it might be tight. I didnt know the answer and assumed the same lugs from stock wheels would work.
vangaurdtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #21
Zvelts
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE V8
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 25
I would like to have these wheels in 19" in stock offset... But the tire choice in 285/35 and 305/35 is so limited, i Will wait. I had these wheel on my E90 M3, for the price they are great !
Zvelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:26 AM   #22
Cherry
 
Drives: 2017 SS 50th
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: VA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvelts View Post
I would like to have these wheels in 19" in stock offset... But the tire choice in 285/35 and 305/35 is so limited, i Will wait. I had these wheel on my E90 M3, for the price they are great !
I think the recommended tire size is 285/35 and 305/30. There are a lot more choices at 305/30.
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #23
Scargoes
 
Scargoes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dessert
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangaurdtrooper View Post
Are you using the same lug nut as from your Stock wheels? I am having my wheels mounted and firestone called me wondering if the stock Lug nuts will fit, that it seems like it might be tight. I didnt know the answer and assumed the same lugs from stock wheels would work.
I am not running the stock lug nuts. I think they will work but when I test fitted, the impact socket I have would rub on the wheel. So I think you would need a thin wall socket to keep that from happening.
__________________
2018 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS 1LE with Nav, PDR, and track alignment

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #24
vangaurdtrooper
 
Drives: 2016 2SS 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scargoes View Post
I am not running the stock lug nuts. I think they will work but when I test fitted, the impact socket I have would rub on the wheel. So I think you would need a thin wall socket to keep that from happening.
I got them on the car with the stock lugs. Thanks!

I am hearing some clicking sound (like a geiger counter sound almost) from what seems like the front of the car when driving. Is that something specific to these tires being new? (RE71R) I am fairly certain nothing is rubbing.

Size is 285-35-19 Front (10 inch), 305-30-19 (11 inch) with alignment spec off of Camaro Track Prep guidelines. Also have aFe Control sway bars and springs.
vangaurdtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #25
Apex_Missing_Ape
 
Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt-cuatro View Post
I assume the wheels are lighter than stock. Can you feel the difference in ride quality or performance vs the stock wheels? They look way better than I thought.
IIRC, they are about 10 pounds lighter per wheel in the front and a little over 8 pounds lighter per wheel in the rear when you factor in weight savings from the tires, too.

I can't feel a difference on the street in regards to steering response and I haven' had a chance to take it to a road course yet . I'm hoping to see a difference in lap times. Almost 40lbs less of rotational mass and an effectively lower gear ratio due of the smaller diameter setup should make some sort of noticeable affect on lap times. Of course that could mean squat if these 888R tires don't perform as well as the factory SC3.
Apex_Missing_Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #26
staples87
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_Missing_Ape View Post
IIRC, they are about 10 pounds lighter per wheel in the front and a little over 8 pounds lighter per wheel in the rear when you factor in weight savings from the tires, too.

I can't feel a difference on the street in regards to steering response and I haven' had a chance to take it to a road course yet . I'm hoping to see a difference in lap times. Almost 40lbs less of rotational mass and an effectively lower gear ratio due of the smaller diameter setup should make some sort of noticeable affect on lap times. Of course that could mean squat if these 888R tires don't perform as well as the factory SC3.
They better! They're a stickier option and are supposed to be quicker to warm up.
__________________
'17 Camaro ZL1 M6
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.