Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #1
JustAnother2S

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Give me knowledge..please

Hey guys/ gals, so I'm wanting to get my 16 2SS tuned by this month either dyno tuned or remote tuned. I'm new to literally 99% new to the tuning world that being said I'm leaning Dyno because I have no idea how to use remote tunes like sending or making data logs, receiving tunes, putting tunes on the car, you get the point. For those of you who have remote tuned can you give me any insight on the steps of I guess how everything goes? Any help is appreciated!
JustAnother2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
Tuning is a controversial subject here because it can void your warranty. I had very good luck with the Diablo tuner using a custom tune from "Diab-lew" that you pay for and download through your computer.

Instaling the tune is very simple and straight forward with the Diablo unit....if you know what you are doing. There are tutorial vids on youtube.

The best part of the Diablo is that you can re-flash back to stock if you bring the vehicle in for service.

In general, a custom tune will remove the AFM or skip shift, eliminate throttle lag in the A8 and "wake the engine up". I tuned both SS's I had/have and my Jeep Hemi. I love it and would never go back. The factory tune is very subdued and sluggish.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I started to type out all of the steps but realized you can watch some videos to gather some knowledge.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCP_LcnBKwJqJOiGoCRT5SCw

I believe after you watch a few videos you’ll determine how well dyno or remote tuning will serve you better.
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #4
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingchunsifu View Post
Tuning is a controversial subject here because it can void your warranty. I had very good luck with the Diablo tuner using a custom tune from "Diab-lew" that you pay for and download through your computer.

Instaling the tune is very simple and straight forward with the Diablo unit....if you know what you are doing. There are tutorial vids on youtube.

The best part of the Diablo is that you can re-flash back to stock if you bring the vehicle in for service.

In general, a custom tune will remove the AFM or skip shift, eliminate throttle lag in the A8 and "wake the engine up". I tuned both SS's I had/have and my Jeep Hemi. I love it and would never go back. The factory tune is very subdued and sluggish.
You can flash back your stock tune with any tuner but you still leave tracks that can easily be spotted by the dealer. Granted, if you're otherwise stock they probably won't notice, but in the event of a major powertrain issue, they will very likey investgate, figure out you have been tuned and void your warranty.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:04 PM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Dyno would be better but a handheld can work too. If you aren’t going to do major mods and just a CAI intake or exhaust then a pre-programmed unit might be the way to go. I have a SLP Diablosport for my 2005 Chevy truck that works fine and have had a Hypertech one for my 1998 Camaro SS and a SLP unit for my old 2010 Camaro SS which I sold to someone at work. I had Headers and exhaust system put on the 2010 and had to get a tune. Ted Jannity and others will do remote tunes for customers also. You have a few options out there now for aftermarket tuning if you don’t care about losing the drivetrain GM warranty that you still have. That is, if you don’t have over 50,000 miles on your Camaro.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:30 AM   #6
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
You can flash back your stock tune with any tuner but you still leave tracks that can easily be spotted by the dealer. Granted, if you're otherwise stock they probably won't notice, but in the event of a major powertrain issue, they will very likey investgate, figure out you have been tuned and void your warranty.
When I got my TC swap out under warranty they took an ECM read and my service manager, who is a personal friend and knows my car is tuned said the factory re-flash was sufficient, just saying. But you're probably right about the big money jobs.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #7
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Get it tuned by an experienced (in LT1 motor) and reputable shop. Nothing better than someone who knows how and takes the time to dial it in perfectly.

My 2 cents