Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 01-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
All windows auto up....

When I first got the car, I didnt know why the auto up feature wasnt working for the front windows. Anyone else found the all auto windows up feature on the verts? It took me a few times of accidentally doing it before I figured it out -

With the window button on the front windows - pull 'up', then push the rear button and pull 'up' again.

When the rear windows finish rolling up, the fronts will roll up as well.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
that's cool, so you don't have to wait for the fronts to go up, and the rears will go too? Will have to try this. . . My bmw verts will all go down or up when activating the roof, would be cool to have that with the "maro too.
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
mekirk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
that's cool, so you don't have to wait for the fronts to go up, and the rears will go too? Will have to try this. . . My bmw verts will all go down or up when activating the roof, would be cool to have that with the "maro too.
Fronts go up a couple of inches when you first hit the up button. When you hit the up button the second time (after hitting the back window button), the back windows roll all the way up then the front windows finish rolling up.

It took me forever to figure out how to do it. It would happen every now and then by accident so one day I sat and played with them until I figured out how I was doing it.

Seems like a weird procedure to me but I can see why Chevy had to do it that way since they used one window switch for both front and back. Probably to keep you from rolling up the fronts with the auto feature without rolling up the backs first.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:23 PM   #4
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
The power window controls on the convertible seem strange. The explanation in the last post makes sense if indeed the intention is to prevent the front windows from being fully raised before the rears. But it is possible to raise the fronts by just holding the buttons up, and then raise the rear. So I'm not sure why they would prevent that same sequence using auto up feature. It's also strange that little of this is specified in the owner's manual. It seems like 5 buttons must be touched just to shut the windows. Seems like a similar quirk not having a cancel button for the cruise control.
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:49 AM   #5
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
that's cool, so you don't have to wait for the fronts to go up, and the rears will go too? Will have to try this. . .
Same here......... Thanks for sharing this...... GREAT info....
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #6
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekirk2 View Post
When I first got the car, I didnt know why the auto up feature wasnt working for the front windows. Anyone else found the all auto windows up feature on the verts? It took me a few times of accidentally doing it before I figured it out -

With the window button on the front windows - pull 'up', then push the rear button and pull 'up' again.

When the rear windows finish rolling up, the fronts will roll up as well.
Mine autos up with the top up, but doesn't when down. Another thing too is the auto lock won't lock with top down too. Now that's stupid as I roll up windows and lock it when I get out so they can't get in unless they climb on the car which if they want something that bad I'm guessing they would have broke the window.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:03 PM   #7
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Sweet thanks for the tip.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
mekirk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog9586 View Post
Mine autos up with the top up, but doesn't when down. Another thing too is the auto lock won't lock with top down too. Now that's stupid as I roll up windows and lock it when I get out so they can't get in unless they climb on the car which if they want something that bad I'm guessing they would have broke the window.
Mine auto locks with the top down. Windows up with the top down is not a bad idea, makes it harder to just reach in and go through the glovebox / console. I wish it had a glove box lock or electric handle like the lincoln MKX Im renting right now - glovebox opens with a button on the dash so, if the car is locked, the button doesnt work. I would have paid an extra 100 bucks for that option.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:25 AM   #9
VABarn

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS Vert
Weege, thanks for bumping this. I somehow missed it when it was originally posted back in January. Since reading this last week, I have used it 3 times already!
VABarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #10
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Yea, it was the same on the 5th gen except you got four actual windows buttons. Still not understanding why we only get two. It is not like they saved any button money, there are still four window buttons there.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #11
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Yea, it was the same on the 5th gen except you got four actual windows buttons. Still not understanding why we only get two. It is not like they saved any button money, there are still four window buttons there.

-Geoff
Never thought about that and looks like they didn't either.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #12
TybeeSS

Drives: 2017 2SS Auto
I looked through the owners manual and it stated that the auto up feature is disabled for the fronts when the top is down unless the rear windows are closed. Apparently in an effort to get drivers to close the rears first and ensure a better "seal" on the windows.

Last edited by TybeeSS; 05-06-2017 at 06:19 AM.
TybeeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #13
filthyfun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary Convertible
I'll have to try this out. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #14
trukgirl

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Conv, 2015 Silverado CC
Send a message via Yahoo to trukgirl
I've been doing this since you guys dug up this post a couple weeks ago... its great!
Thanks!!!!

Past Camaros:
2012 1LT Silver Ice
1989 RS 305v8 Medium Maui Metallic Blue, T tops
trukgirl is offline   Reply With Quote