Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #1
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
GM keeping ICE alive

So it appears GM might not kill off ICE vehicles in the near future anyway. Hope is still alive but haven't seen any word on sport models.

GM President Mark Reuss says-
“On the ICE side, this is critical because the profits from these vehicles and the rest of our ICE lineup are literally funding our future. And as we accelerate our investment in EVs, and the software defined vehicle, these ICE vehicles are critically important,” said Reuss. “Our ICE vehicle portfolio is in incredibly high demand, and helping us generate record profits to invest in an all-electric future. I want to point out that to sustain and build that demand, we are refreshing key ICE vehicles as we transition.”

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/11...ys-mark-reuss/
Old 12-01-2022, 02:25 PM   #2
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
That translates into the truck/full-size SUV platforms and the Vette id bet. The Vette because people will loose their minds if there’s no ICE option and the truck platforms because they pay for everything.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 03:56 PM   #3
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Long way of saying we have to sell vehicles we want in order to build the stuff no one wants.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:46 PM   #4
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Long way of saying we have to sell vehicles we want in order to build the stuff no one wants.
This ^^^
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:36 PM   #5
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Quote:
Boy ain't that the truth.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:59 PM   #6
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
Quote:
It's so plainly obvious I don't understand how more people don't understand this^^^
Lmao
Old 12-01-2022, 11:53 PM   #7
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
GM cannot eliminate ICE, especially in their pickup and SUV lines. The Pickup and SUV lines are the life blood of the company, in which GM could not survive without them, despite any interest in electric cars.

I encourage GM to continue to research and develop alternative fuels besides electricity. EV cars still do not offer the overall driving range, convenience and usability over ICE cars.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 11:56 PM   #8
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Additionally, I also encourage (if GM is serious) the company to put serious thought into expanding the corvette line by creating a brand. It is risky, but the cars will need to have their own individual personalities and performance characteristics in order for buyers to recognize and accept them. In essence, GM has been doing this for better than 50 years, but in a less organized manner. Corvette and its derivatives will still need to be ICE. I just do not see a widespread acceptance of EV in the vette segment.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 10:54 AM   #9
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Additionally, I also encourage (if GM is serious) the company to put serious thought into expanding the corvette line by creating a brand. It is risky, but the cars will need to have their own individual personalities and performance characteristics in order for buyers to recognize and accept them. In essence, GM has been doing this for better than 50 years, but in a less organized manner. Corvette and its derivatives will still need to be ICE. I just do not see a widespread acceptance of EV in the vette segment.
If Corvette becomes it's own brand there will be an electric SUV as part of it. I would also hate for the name to be applied to anything other than a 2 door sports car. How many people say they drive a Mustang but forget to mention the Mach E part. The name loses it's meaning and it'd be a shame to sell out the Corvette name like Ford did with the Mustang.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:57 AM   #10

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
If Corvette becomes it's own brand there will be an electric SUV as part of it. I would also hate for the name to be applied to anything other than a 2 door sports car. How many people say they drive a Mustang but forget to mention the Mach E part. The name loses it's meaning and it'd be a shame to sell out the Corvette name like Ford did with the Mustang.
Good points. I see it as even worse. Mainly Corvette is lowering itself to the same level as Mustang. Mustang and Ford never had an answer to Corvette. Mustang was at Camaro level, not Corvette. And now GM is responding to Mach E Mustang by elevating it to Corvette brand status. This is a huge gift and un-forced error by GM that boosts Mustang to Corvette level.

Too bad they are throwing the Corvettes into the brand-x field of EVs. Corvette should stay V-8 ICE sports car only, and not become a pedestrian Mustang SUV-EV competitor.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:50 PM   #11
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
This is supposedly happening in 2025.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...te-brand-2025/
Old 12-02-2022, 01:11 PM   #12
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I would mush a team of poodles to work before buying an EV Vette anything.
Marketing for something nobody wants? Another fine job GM.
Here's your sign.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 01:32 PM   #13
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I'm planning on buying a new truck next year. Gm isn't even on our list as a option. I refuse to support a broke/woke company and won't. I've said this numerous times...the direction gm is going will bit them in the ass and I hope it bits down hard when It does. Nothing but a bunch of clueless clowns running gm into the ground.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 02:58 PM   #14
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Biden had a meeting with gm and Ford about EVs. Biden would not talk to Elon Musk. That makes me lean to Tesla if I went ev.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote