Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-19-2022, 10:13 AM   #15
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Oh man, such a nice car..hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:22 PM   #16
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Oh no. Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad no one was hurt. Sounds like he didn't see you for whatever reason.
Still not sure, I was only going like 35 mph, it's a slow road. I think he was looking down at his phone and just started driving forward and didn't notice he was moving. Tried to blame his brakes after the accident, made no sense. From what I can remember he was looking down, not left or right. There was literally no reason to be pulling out into the middle of the road, I was baffled. His car started moving foward into me pretty much as I was driving by him, id say he started pulling out on the road right before my front bumper would be passing him.

Also does anyone have any experience or luck with getting paid for loss of value on the car? Not sure how that works as ill lose resale value since the car has accident history now.

Last edited by Christian1LE; 09-19-2022 at 12:35 PM.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:58 PM   #17
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian1LE View Post
Still not sure, I was only going like 35 mph, it's a slow road. I think he was looking down at his phone and just started driving forward and didn't notice he was moving. Tried to blame his brakes after the accident, made no sense. From what I can remember he was looking down, not left or right. There was literally no reason to be pulling out into the middle of the road, I was baffled. His car started moving foward into me pretty much as I was driving by him, id say he started pulling out on the road right before my front bumper would be passing him.

Also does anyone have any experience or luck with getting paid for loss of value on the car? Not sure how that works as ill lose resale value since the car has accident history now.
That's weird. My guess is he wasn't paying attention at all for whatever reason. I had a lady pull right out in front of me about a month after I got my 1LE. I was only about 100 feet from her. I slammed on the brakes and was able to stop about 5 feet from hitting her. She just drove off like it was nothing. Thankfully I was only going 45 in a 45 zone and I've seen people pull out of this particular intersection in front of others several times because it is in a slight curve, so I was paying attention.

You should be compensated by his insurance for any diminution (loss) of value, especially since your car is almost brand new. Just make sure when you are talking to his adjuster that you request it as part of settling the property damage claim. Hopefully the damage isn't too severe the way he hit you. I would be concerned about whether the impact bent anything important to the structure of the car.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:20 PM   #18
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Hopefully your parts are in less back order than almost everything else Camaro... 4 months n counting for me!

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 11:39 AM   #19
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I'd made one payment on my brand new Z28 in 1986. A fellow sprinted off a Seven/Eleven parking lot and crossed two lanes (I jumped the median to try and avoid him), and he took out the whole passenger side of that car.

I feel your pain...
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 01:17 PM   #20
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
It's NC, dude. If they can pull out without hitting you directly in the door, there's plenty of room. Looks like this one misjudged by a couple of feet. People here have no judge of speed whatsoever, unless of course they're driving 10 under in the left lane on the interstate.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:15 PM   #21
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
It's NC, dude. If they can pull out without hitting you directly in the door, there's plenty of room. Looks like this one misjudged by a couple of feet. People here have no judge of speed whatsoever, unless of course they're driving 10 under in the left lane on the interstate.
Yep! Lots of "Right Laners" in North Carolina. They have no clue what the right lane is for or they think the road belongs to them and them only.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:43 PM   #22
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Ain't just NC, on a recent trip to Charleston, SC... I nearly got T-boned 3 times in 2 days when I had the green light going through an intersection...
Old 09-20-2022, 06:52 PM   #23
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
I'm constantly watching every vehicle that could possibly hit me, at all times. It's exhausting but you have to stay attentive and drive defensively. No one holds their lane anymore.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:33 PM   #24
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Seems it’s that way all over the country now. I am on constant watch all the time I’m driving on the local streets and Interstate.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:53 PM   #25
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
I'm constantly watching every vehicle that could possibly hit me, at all times. It's exhausting but you have to stay attentive and drive defensively. No one holds their lane anymore.
+1, I started riding motorcycles when I was 13 and learned to expect the worst from every car on the road- constantly scanning for avenues of escape, watching for any car I'm approaching that seems to be waiting for me (watch for wheels to rotate first, easiest place to spot the slightest motion). IOW assume nothing! I've also adopted a habit of a "wave" to anyone who grants me my right of way. I figure a little positive reinforcement might pay off for someone over time.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 02:16 PM   #26
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
+1, I started riding motorcycles when I was 13 and learned to expect the worst from every car on the road- constantly scanning for avenues of escape, watching for any car I'm approaching that seems to be waiting for me (watch for wheels to rotate first, easiest place to spot the slightest motion). IOW assume nothing! I've also adopted a habit of a "wave" to anyone who grants me my right of way. I figure a little positive reinforcement might pay off for someone over time.
+1. I've been riding motorcycles, dirt bikes, etc... my whole life. I've been a defensive rider/driver forever. I know it won't always save me, but it sure helps.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:41 PM   #27
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Oh no! Sorry man! Hopefully you get your ride back in one piece soon.

P.s. do I notice Carbotech pad deposits on your rear rotors?
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:55 PM   #28
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Oh no! Sorry man! Hopefully you get your ride back in one piece soon.

P.s. do I notice Carbotech pad deposits on your rear rotors?
yeah that's carbotech pad deposit. Taking my car on friday to give it to the collision center. I'm taking it on my trailer because the towing company that was going to do it has awful reviews so I opted to just do it myself. Don't need to deal with towing company damage on top of this damage.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote