Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-24-2020, 04:22 PM   #43
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
I haven't seen any official announcements on 2021, but the information is for sure on the official order guide.

SS 1LE+A10 is 100% legit.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:27 PM   #44
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
True that. But if you live in a state with ridiculous insurance rates ***cough*** Michigan *** cough*** you have to take that into consideration, too.

When I bought my car in 2017, I considered a ZL1 vert. My insurance agent salivated. I bought my Fifty vert primarily because I love the look and performance of the car, but with strong consideration to the fact that my insurance rate on the ZL1 vert would have been 30 - 40% higher than for the SS vert. But then, Michigan is the highest priced state for insurance and Detroit is the highest priced city in Michigan for insurance, so there's that.
This surprises me Martin. I'm in the Detroit area too. When I was looking at Camaros, I started looking at ZL1's. Called my insurer with the VIN of a '18 ZL1 Vert I was looking at, and it was about $1800/year. Ended up with a '16 2SS Vert and it was nearly the same. Better than min coverage. It actually went down after working with my agent and getting into a better home/car package (already had that but they had a new product out that was priced better and she put us into).
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:41 PM   #45
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
It does it’s called the SS.
People seem to forget this was GM answer for a cheaper entry level street version V8 not a track version.

If you start adding performance tire package, the cooling required to call it a track version and MRC your back to a SS.
I spoke of an option for tires for drag racing.
Quote:
To be honest when you add the performance tire package that’s going to add a good bit of weight. Considering the LT1 is only about 75lbs lighter your back to the SS again.

the SS and LT1 both have 20” rims and 245 front tires. Not sure increasing the rear tire width from 245 to 275 would make the weights equal.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 03-24-2020 at 09:34 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:08 PM   #46
Dark Phoenix

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I think the LT1 also needs a heated seat option. That is the only thing keeping my Son from buying one...

Other car companies sell cloth seats with heated option...
I can’t see adding heated seats on an LT1 being it’s supposed to be the cheapest Camaro V8 available but with the LT1’s presence, heated cloth seats & interior lighting package should be standard on the 1SS. I think addition of optional RS package for the LT1 is good, kind of a throw back to the 2010-2015 where the RS package was an option on the V8’s with tail lights, HID’s, etc. They should have kept it the same on the gen 6.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:17 PM   #47
sshmaro_50

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE (A10)
I hope 2020 models will be able to retrofit the new wireless apple carplay and Android auto feature.
sshmaro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:08 AM   #48
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshmaro_50 View Post
I hope 2020 models will be able to retrofit the new wireless apple carplay and Android auto feature.
Running the apps without charging the phone really drains the battery pretty fast. With the wireless charging station in the camaro being useless, I think just use a cable from the center console is still the better idea
Old 03-25-2020, 06:46 AM   #49
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I spoke of an option for tires for drag racing.

the SS and LT1 both have 20” rims and 245 front tires. Not sure increasing the rear tire width from 245 to 275 would make the weights equal.
Good point on the tire weight, I wasn’t thinking when I posted about the SS front tires being the same size as the LT1.

I would still be surprised if GM added a track / performance tire package to the LT1. I think GM would have to add the extra cooling back in to the car to protect the engine for track use as well as warranty the LT1 for that purpose. Now you’re pushing the car into SS price and same package. I’m not seeing them do that but, stranger things have happened. Remember, this is a cheap base model to the SS for street use.

Same goes for adding more options to the LT1. The LT1 was the answer from GM when Camaro guys cried for a V8 model that was cheap. if you start adding in all the little goodies the price goes up and then everyone is crying about the high price.

Just my thoughts on it.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:42 AM   #50
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Good point on the tire weight, I wasn’t thinking when I posted about the SS front tires being the same size as the LT1.

I would still be surprised if GM added a track / performance tire package to the LT1. I think GM would have to add the extra cooling back in to the car to protect the engine for track use as well as warranty the LT1 for that purpose. Now you’re pushing the car into SS price and same package. I’m not seeing them do that but, stranger things have happened. Remember, this is a cheap base model to the SS for street use.

Same goes for adding more options to the LT1. The LT1 was the answer from GM when Camaro guys cried for a V8 model that was cheap. if you start adding in all the little goodies the price goes up and then everyone is crying about the high price.

Just my thoughts on it.

Track and drag strip are not the same thing. Track coolers are not needed for the drag strip and he was only talking about drag strip with drag tires as an option. But it's not going to be an option anyway because GM isn't as cool as Dodge with options, so it's a moot point.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:03 AM   #51
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I think the LT1 also needs a heated seat option. That is the only thing keeping my Son from buying one...

Other car companies sell cloth seats with heated option...
You can buy heated seat covers for under $30. They warm up in under a minute and have a digital temp controller. True story.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:49 AM   #52
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Wow I can't believe they put the A10 in the SLE...I thought they would have held out on that one
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #53
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Wow I can't believe they put the A10 in the SLE...I thought they would have held out on that one
They did hold out, 4 years
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:20 AM   #54
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Meanwhile, on M6G, people have been screaming for A10 in PP2. Think that'll happen now? I'm thinking yes.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #55
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Track and drag strip are not the same thing. Track coolers are not needed for the drag strip and he was only talking about drag strip with drag tires as an option. But it's not going to be an option anyway because GM isn't as cool as Dodge with options, so it's a moot point.
I’m full aware brother but at the end of the day, agree on it’s very slim to none.
By the way, If GM was to release a track package I don’t think they would limit the car to just the drag strip, it would cover both just as they did in the SS.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 03-25-2020 at 09:56 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #56
thinkingcamaro

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Big news is A10 option for SS 1LE!
INTERIOR

Inside, the 2021 Chevrolet Camaro deletes the LPO-level spectrum lighting option as well as the recently-introduced navigation upgrade kit..
What does this mean exactly? Is the interior color selectable lighting going away entirely?
thinkingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote