Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-03-2020, 12:15 AM   #1
Yang N’ Bang
17’ Hyper Blue 2SS

Drives: 17’ Camaro 2SS
Lowering springs in just the back?

Hey guys, been wanting to lower the car a bit, but am thinking about just doing the rear as it sits very noticeably higher than the front (and that way I don’t have to worry about messing up the splitter as much)
Does anyone have pictures of this done, and would you recommend it, or just do the full kit all the way around, was looking at the eibach pro kit on phastek (which says it lowers 1.1 in) but would like to see any recommendations!
Yang N’ Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:31 AM   #2
CoeusAscended

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018
I would highly recommend doing all 4 corners because just the rears will look ridiculously most likely, thats a look that works on old muscle cars but if I were to see a modern muscle car, or any sports car, drive around lowered only at the rear, I'd assume he's just not finished lowering yet and is gonna do the front later on. I lowered mine recently on H&R springs, 1.25" all around, and it lowered the rear to just where I wanted it as I felt the Eibach kit just wasnt *all* there. Pic for reference

Old 10-03-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoeusAscended View Post
I would highly recommend doing all 4 corners because just the rears will look ridiculously most likely, thats a look that works on old muscle cars but if I were to see a modern muscle car, or any sports car, drive around lowered only at the rear, I'd assume he's just not finished lowering yet and is gonna do the front later on. I lowered mine recently on H&R springs, 1.25" all around, and it lowered the rear to just where I wanted it as I felt the Eibach kit just wasnt *all* there. Pic for reference

Been thinking of doing this to my SS. Do you feel like you scrape the front (or anywhere else) a lot more now, or not really?
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:55 AM   #4
Dan82679

Drives: 2017 ZL1
You need some rake. Your car will look like it's taking a dump if you put people in the back or weight in trunk.
Dan82679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:55 AM   #5
CoeusAscended

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
Been thinking of doing this to my SS. Do you feel like you scrape the front (or anywhere else) a lot more now, or not really?
Well, long story short, ny drive axle boot tore 2 days after install and I cant get it to a shop who has time before winter is here so I havent been able to test it a whole lot, which really pisses me off. But, from the few speedbumps I did encounter, I didnt scrape even once. If you want I can measure the exact distance between ground and splitter on mine if it helps?
Old 10-03-2020, 12:54 PM   #6
Yang N’ Bang
17’ Hyper Blue 2SS

Drives: 17’ Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Well, long story short, ny drive axle boot tore 2 days after install and I cant get it to a shop who has time before winter is here so I havent been able to test it a whole lot, which really pisses me off. But, from the few speedbumps I did encounter, I didnt scrape even once. If you want I can measure the exact distance between ground and splitter on mine if it helps?
Damn, sorry to hear that man, hope it gets fixed soon. Appreciate the input though, think that’s what I will most likely go with, would you say you atleast have 2” clearance under the front, splitter included? It’s not the speedbumps I’m worried about, it’s the steep driveways around here.
Yang N’ Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #7
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Thanks but I think it would be apples to oranges because I don’t have the splitter, just the standard SS front lower.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #8
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang N’ Bang View Post
Hey guys, been wanting to lower the car a bit, but am thinking about just doing the rear as it sits very noticeably higher than the front (and that way I don’t have to worry about messing up the splitter as much)
Does anyone have pictures of this done, and would you recommend it, or just do the full kit all the way around, was looking at the eibach pro kit on phastek (which says it lowers 1.1 in) but would like to see any recommendations!
How about posting a straight-on side view picture of your car sitting in some relatively empty parking lot? It's kind of hard to guess what "noticeably higher" really means.

You'll want to avoid any hint of a "taildragger" stance at all costs, as that's the sort of appearance choice made only for its shock value. Normally used only on 1930s - 1950s cars.

Norm
Old 10-05-2020, 07:00 AM   #9
ThirdGenNut

Drives: 2020 LT1
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...GcsqA&usqp=CAU
ThirdGenNut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lowering springs camaro ss