#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 09-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #197
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel07 View Post
I agree, these cars aren't depreciating very much at all if looking at the average sale price instead of MSRP.
+1
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:31 PM   #198
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace01 View Post
No #%#%# way they are offering $11,000 off. Head over to the dealer and get a signed contract for that price. It won't happen.
I agree. You can't always believe advertised prices. Some dealers list prices with tons of incentives most people don't even qualify for. Dealt with that at Bonmin Chevy in Miami. Listed 1LEs for $36k. Call them to get a price and confirm. They check to see all the incentives I qualify for and gave me a price of $43k.

Until they give you a price in writing, it don't count.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #199
Ace01

Drives: 2018 1LE SS "Silver Bullet"
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
I agree. You can't always believe advertised prices. Some dealers list prices with tons of incentives most people don't even qualify for. Dealt with that at Bonmin Chevy in Miami. Listed 1LEs for $36k. Call them to get a price and confirm. They check to see all the incentives I qualify for and gave me a price of $43k.

Until they give you a price in writing, it don't count.
Agree!!
Old 09-22-2018, 09:13 PM   #200
BigSpoiler

Drives: Lexus, Tahoe
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/21/the-...an-bubble.html

Considering insurance, gas, maintenance, and repairs, most drivers are well aware of how expensive cars are to buy and maintain.

In fact, the average cost to own and operate a new vehicle is $8,849 a year, according to an annual study by AAA, or just under 59 cents a mile if you average 15,000 miles of driving a year.

However, the largest expense that comes with buying a new car largely falls under the radar, the automotive group said.

"Depreciation accounts for almost 40 percent of the cost of owning a new vehicle,

New cars typically depreciate the minute you drive off the lot.

By the time it's a year old, the vehicle has lost nearly one-third of its value, according to Edmunds data.

The secret to minimizing depreciation costs: "Keep your car for a long time and keep it well-maintained or even consider buying a quality, pre-owned vehicle," Sinclair said.
BigSpoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #201
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
No no. I love my car and it's a "rare" non-limited in-production car. So depreciation is less than 20% for year 1-3. Never mind new ones are 15-20% off of msrp

And when I trade it in, why does the stealer need to make a profit when they sell it? Not fair.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:05 AM   #202
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace01 View Post
No #%#%# way they are offering $11,000 off. Head over to the dealer and get a signed contract for that price. It won't happen.

Read the fine print on the dealers website. All rebates are the key words, bate and switch

Plan Price includes all rebates and incentives. All customers will not qualify for all rebates. Taxes, tags, destination, dealer installed accessories and $300 Maryland processing fee are extra. please call store to confirm price. Please call 410-879-2544 for details. Not responsible for errors or typos from third parties EPA Estimates Only Tax, title, license (unless itemized above) are extra. Not available with special finance, lease and some other offers.
Tax, title, license (unless itemized above) are extra. Not available with special finance, lease and some other offers.

""EXACTLY""

Last year?
I took the day off and drove over to my Chev dealer. A dealer that I have dealt faithfully with for my three last vehicles.
Advertised on their website,,,, 7k off sticker on a new 1LE.
The Carnival salesman starting going off his checklist.
Sorry, you need to qualify to get the 7K off.
I only qualified for one $750 discount.
As it was, half of their Crap rebates and incentives were already expired from GM.
He was rattling them off from his list while I was saying WTF.

It's Bait,,,,They just want to get you to their dealership. They want to work you as hard as they can while sitting at their desk.
Damn, after I picked my ass out of the Chair to walk, there was a Hot Babe standing at the door offering everything but her Ass to sit down and stay.

Needless to say, I will never purchase from this dealer ever again.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:19 AM   #203
MJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_ST View Post
I'm quite a bit younger than you but my plan is also to keep this car for a long time, provided that it remains reliable.

Full maintenance will be done with no exceptions, and I'll keep both the interior and exterior clean.

Let's see if I can keep this car for 30 years.

Here is one good thing to add.
I sold my 12 Grand Sport Vert Corvette Privately.
4 years old with only 12k miles. Not one scratch on her.
I was able to sell her for 42K, while I paid right around 60K.
Here is another good thing to add.
When your 3 year warranty runs out?
GM hits you with an offer to extend your Warranty.

They mostly go by Mileage when negotiating the price for the extended Warranty.
It only cost me $1200.00 to extend my Bumper to Bumper warranty for another three years through GM.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #204
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
It's back on the market. 2017 SS 1LE, Yellow, no PDR, with 771 miles. $32,784.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...MICRMKFLASHMOB
Attached Images

R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:12 PM   #205
BigSpoiler

Drives: Lexus, Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
No no. I love my car and it's a "rare" non-limited in-production car. So depreciation is less than 20% for year 1-3. Never mind new ones are 15-20% off of msrp

And when I trade it in, why does the stealer need to make a profit when they sell it? Not fair.
Yes, it will be one of thosands built in Hyper Blue that is now discontinued.

Nevermind that new cars at this time of year are offering 20% off. All that counts is what YOU paid.

Dealers make money on volume. They can sell 1,000 cars at a Loss but make it up in Volume.

You've added 25,000 miles, tons of burnouts, race the car at the track and half the Warranty is gone (if you haven't modded it), but we will still give you close to the original price you paid.
BigSpoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:05 AM   #206
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Collins View Post
something's not right with this one, the left side skirt is not flush, and neither is the left side of the rear bumper.
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #207
R.C. Collins

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.the.great View Post
something's not right with this one, the left side skirt is not flush, and neither is the left side of the rear bumper.
10-9? I don't see that at all. Maybe because of the way the Sun's hitting it is giving you that impression. Carfax is clean too. 771 miles...they would repair a car that new if the bodywork was jacked.
R.C. Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:10 AM   #208
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
10-9? I don't see that at all. Maybe because of the way the Sun's hitting it is giving you that impression. Carfax is clean too. 771 miles...they would repair a car that new if the bodywork was jacked.
Carfax doesn't mean anything. I had a $12k repair done on my old 2008 Subaru STi, after hitting a concrete barrier on track. That repair NEVER showed up on a Carfax report. It did, however, show up on the Autocheck report.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:07 AM   #209
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
That’s a fly and drive home for me. Might be a crapshoot but worth a trip to Vegas. Didn’t even know 1LE came in yellow. Kinda like. Great deal if car is legit.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:49 AM   #210
MJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
That’s a fly and drive home for me. Might be a crapshoot but worth a trip to Vegas. Didn’t even know 1LE came in yellow. Kinda like. Great deal if car is legit.

Please, don't ever purchase a Camaro or Vette in Bright Yellow unless you want a full time GPS on your Ass.
I live in a small town of under four thousand.
My Wife works for a business in town.
At the end of day, she knew every place I went with that Car.
What road I was traveling, the time of day, where I was parked, where I had been.
She received a report every damn day from her clients.

You cannot hide even if you wanted too.
Plus, the Police have their Radar Gun on you three miles out.