#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #519
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Also the driver's side controller knob rotated itself too far so the fans stopped working twice during normal driving so I just reset the knob position again and pulled the plastic knob off to see if it stays in place this time.
That's weird, you may have a bad controller let me know it it does it again.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:37 PM   #520
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
That's weird, you may have a bad controller let me know it it does it again.
The fans work great when the controller is set correctly. Probably my fault since I installed it in a different position than recommended so I could use a large zip tie to help hold it in place. A wiring harness was touching the knob when I removed it...could have been turning it slightly as I sat down and hit bumps while driving.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:48 PM   #521
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
There are at least a few LT1s with Recaros upcoming, mine will have them.

All in for both sides hot and cold.

If it would help 2SSRS@Gen5diy, I would be happy to Venmo the beer/refreshment and food for the team to figure out the rest of the puzzle and the kit release party.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:37 PM   #522
AcmeCamaro
Acme

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Just posted a question about this.... subscribeing for heating and cooling.
All in for both when it gets ironed out
Cold Inductions intake
Flex Fuel converstion
MSD Ignition System
HPtuner
American Flag Half wrap
AcmeCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #523
IH8WNTR

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Silver Ice Metallic
Just checking in to see if any new news on the heating function. Anyone heard anything about it?
IH8WNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:56 AM   #524
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Bump for a great product and low price for what you get! It is definitely worth getting this kit before the summer months if you don't have it yet. It is the single best mod I have installed on my car! For reference I would put the skip shift eliminator in 2nd place.

Also try putting some cardboard or a sun shade behind the seat to prevent cool air from escaping into the rear seat area and of course use only the foot A/C vent setting for maximum effectiveness on hot days.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:08 AM   #525
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Anyone know why the heated option is taking such a long time?
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:02 AM   #526
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post
The heating elements and vents built into the Camaro aren't the most powerful. I'd also guess that they wanted to keep power drain in check, plus be extra careful to avoid any potential liability issues (aka burnt butts).

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:24 AM   #527
MadFrog

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
1LE Recaro seats heated and cooled?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post

I believe the folks at Gen5DIY have other priorities.
Maybe if a large number of people contact them directly to ask for it, they will start working on it?

Looking at this thread, it appears the vendor started producing a solution for the cooling function once a member figured out how to do it for himself and shared his solution here.

For the heating function, you should need to identify a few things:
- power wires for the heating element
- thermocouple wires to read back the temperature

Once that’s identified, you need to figure out where to get the power from so you don’t blow fuses, and source a controller that can use the thermocouple readings to regulate the heat so that you don’t burn your ass, or the whole car down.

Next, figure out a switch arrangement (single setting or multiple) and a location for it, figure out where to physically mount the controller, and finally how to route the wires and source all the various OEM connectors so that you don’t have to cut/splice wires.

Any of you guys stuck at home from the virus want to tackle that project, make it work and then publish the solution so that Gen5DIY can manufacture it for us? I think that may be the fastest way to get there.

Also, I’m not volunteering for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MadFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:48 AM   #528
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFrog View Post
I believe the folks at Gen5DIY have other priorities.
Maybe if a large number of people contact them directly to ask for it, they will start working on it?

Looking at this thread, it appears the vendor started producing a solution for the cooling function once a member figured out how to do it for himself and shared his solution here.

For the heating function, you should need to identify a few things:
- power wires for the heating element
- thermocouple wires to read back the temperature

Once that’s identified, you need to figure out where to get the power from so you don’t blow fuses, and source a controller that can use the thermocouple readings to regulate the heat so that you don’t burn your ass, or the whole car down.

Next, figure out a switch arrangement (single setting or multiple) and a location for it, figure out where to physically mount the controller, and finally how to route the wires and source all the various OEM connectors so that you don’t have to cut/splice wires.

Any of you guys stuck at home from the virus want to tackle that project, make it work and then publish the solution so that Gen5DIY can manufacture it for us? I think that may be the fastest way to get there.

Also, I’m not volunteering for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Identifying how to operate the heated seats (connectors, wiring diagrams, etc.) is the easy part and pretty much already done with gen5diy's existing harness that's linked a few posts above, they just need to add a few wires and update the controller to work (lots of options for that part).

I'd imagine the tougher part of this is risk mitigation. Much more risk of someone getting hurt if the heated seat fails vs. vent fans so it takes a lot more design consideration and testing to make sure a product like that is safe enough to sell.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #529
adrialk

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Is it correct that the Recaros have the heated/cooled seat control module built in? Do we know what signal the control module needs to run?

I saw that Summit1le1ss was able to get it working with an external switch -- but kept trying to get it to work with a factory looking system and then the trail goes cold. What does it take to just tell the heated seat control module to heat? I'd go for a hard switch over the digital factory switch anyway.
adrialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #530
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialk View Post
Is it correct that the Recaros have the heated/cooled seat control module built in? Do we know what signal the control module needs to run?

I saw that Summit1le1ss was able to get it working with an external switch -- but kept trying to get it to work with a factory looking system and then the trail goes cold. What does it take to just tell the heated seat control module to heat? I'd go for a hard switch over the digital factory switch anyway.
No.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNBlue24 View Post
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster here. This weekend I was able to get the ventilated portion of my driver seat working using this DC motor controller and external switch. It's single speed, set to full power. I'm powering it using the 12V switched power running to the cigarette lighter, so I've separated this from the seat harness. I had to make a small wiring harness with connectors running to the switch, controller, and both fans. It works like a charm!

If y'all have any questions just let me know.

Video: https://youtu.be/trDvePzE_hk

Pics:
Old 04-26-2020, 11:01 AM   #531
adrialk

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I see that the vented setup that was developed goes direct to the fans. But this unit is labeled as "included with seat assembly"??

"Description: Passenger seat, heater control. Camaro."
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...odule-13511696

Is there a good reference for wiring diagrams for the Camaro/GM Cars?
adrialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:59 PM   #532
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrialk View Post
I see that the vented setup that was developed goes direct to the fans. But this unit is labeled as "included with seat assembly"??

"Description: Passenger seat, heater control. Camaro."
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...odule-13511696

Is there a good reference for wiring diagrams for the Camaro/GM Cars?
Has anyone verified if that part is on the seats?

Post #224 shows some stuff about the heated seats. (thermistors in seats and work with this module to regulate temp. and does a fail safe test periodically)

There isn't any diagrams on how that module is sent power, or power goes to the heaters, or where the operating switch is in the circuit.

I seen a website on the bottom of the page in the pic and tried to get access but it said NO!

Does anyone have a wiring diagram? Or understand how this circuit is powered/wired/communicating?