Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-07-2021, 07:21 AM   #57
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
i imagine that half of us would jump off a bridge if we kept track of actual money spent on our cars. i could take the $3k+ on a camaro sale and still be negative several thousand on the whole. and that's just *this car.
While this is correct, there is a difference between taking $xx.xx from the sale of the Camaro and taking $xx.xx as PROFIT from the sale of the Camaro. I believe you and I are on the same page, but many tend to look at this incorrectly..

I.e. you could walk away with $10k in your pocket from the sale, but you're still at a net loss of $5K overall.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:27 AM   #58
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Dealers just don't like having Camaros sitting on their lots. Yet the same Chevy Dealer also has a Dodge that's part of it and they always have bunches of Chargers and Challengers in stock in normal times.
From what I hear, it’s not that dealers don’t want Camaro’s on their lot, it’s more of their allocation of Camaros is very low. And that small amount they are able to order gets snatched up quickly. The dealer I bought my Camaro from said he’d ordered much more Camaros if he could because they’re quick and easy sellers. This is more of a GM production issue.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:44 AM   #59
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
From what I hear, it’s not that dealers don’t want Camaro’s on their lot, it’s more of their allocation of Camaros is very low. And that small amount they are able to order gets snatched up quickly. The dealer I bought my Camaro from said he’d ordered much more Camaros if he could because they’re quick and easy sellers. This is more of a GM production issue.
The allocations could be true, but I wouldn't venture to say that the Camaro's are a quick and easy sell (at least in general, your dealer could be an exception).
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:46 AM   #60
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
I fear for some of these new buyers, especially regarding the real estate market. Some of these homes are going at prices that are so overvalued (good interest rates or not)... people are going to be immediately underwater once this market settles (or possibly tanks). It will happen, it is only a matter of time. This market is simply not sustainable.
I agree. It's like when some a-hole dealer tries to sell an auto way over the MSRP just because it's a "rare" or in high demand auto. They can keep it. I just simply refuse to no matter what it is.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:02 AM   #61
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
I agree. It's like when some a-hole dealer tries to sell an auto way over the MSRP just because it's a "rare" or in high demand auto. They can keep it. I just simply refuse to no matter what it is.
When GM was bringing the Camaro back for the 5th gen in 2009, I stopped into the old Don's Brooklyn Chevy if you know where it used to be on Pearl Rd in Cleveland (just north of I-480). The salesman there told me "oh, they're going to be rare and low production, and will probably have $10k markup on the sticker price".

Needless to say that dealer went bye-bye when GM went through bankruptcy and lots of dealers closed up.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:51 AM   #62
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
When GM was bringing the Camaro back for the 5th gen in 2009, I stopped into the old Don's Brooklyn Chevy if you know where it used to be on Pearl Rd in Cleveland (just north of I-480). The salesman there told me "oh, they're going to be rare and low production, and will probably have $10k markup on the sticker price".

Needless to say that dealer went bye-bye when GM went through bankruptcy and lots of dealers closed up.
Yes, I remember them. Good riddance! Two things get my blood pressure up pretty quickly: dishonesty and stupidity. Both negatively impact others and I just can't stomach that.

By the way, if you'd like the wheels that I have for sale on here (I messaged you about them previously), I'll just give them to you. All I ask is that you pay it forward someday. PM me if you'd like them.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:06 AM   #63
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
Yes, I remember them. Good riddance! Two things get my blood pressure up pretty quickly: dishonesty and stupidity. Both negatively impact others and I just can't stomach that.

By the way, if you'd like the wheels that I have for sale on here (I messaged you about them previously), I'll just give them to you. All I ask is that you pay it forward someday. PM me if you'd like them.
PM'd
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote