Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-07-2021, 11:45 AM   #99
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP, remember if you sell the SS You will not be able to drive it any more. Just pointing out the obvious.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:53 AM   #100
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
Its not just the used car market thats up right now. Other commodities are way up as well. Our friends in DC have been printing dollars like drunken monkeys for at least 12 years and really quite a bit longer. They have really greased up the presses now. Its like an experiment to see what it actually takes to become the Weimar Republic.
The issue with the chips also adds leverage in favor of used cars if new inventories are down.
If I was bored with the Camaro and just selling it I might consider an offer but really a car is a depreciating "asset" so simply having one that is not depreciating is benefit enough for me.
If I was to sell it off and convert the equity into gold silver and lead I might feel like I made a good deal. Also if your paying off a debt and inflation goes up your payment stays the same, so your effectively paying back with less value. Providing you can still afford a payment.
Trading my car which we are enjoying for paper funny money doesnt entice me one bit.
If the inflation thing goes full blown like some nay sayers predict neither the car nor the paper is going to be of much help.
The world is in a steeply transitional phase this past 18 months. All the whacked out market observations are just evidence of the problem.
Im keeping my car and having fun until they pry it from my hands...along with a lot of other things...
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:33 PM   #101
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
OP, remember if you sell the SS You will not be able to drive it any more. Just pointing out the obvious.
What? That's some bullshid!
Old 05-10-2021, 12:06 AM   #102
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Ignorance isn’t becoming on you. The Forte GT is the best bang for the buck around. Especially the loaded GT2 which I was quoted $23,900 OTD with everything. $26k MSRP.

I work from home, mostly drive around town anyway. ForteGT is fun little car.
I was seriously dealing on a 21 Forte GT 6M in MD just last week. I offered $4.5K off MSRP plus title tax tag and fees and my offer was flatly rejected. The dealer countered with an above MSRP price, not even allowing the total rebate to be deducted. Their reasoning was they can’t get cars due to the chip shortage and they need to manage their inventory. If you can buy for $21K before tax tag and fees I would jump now and definitely not wait...
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:48 PM   #103
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
And for what it’s worth the Kia Forte GT has the sweetest sounding standard exhaust note of any Turbo4 period. The Camaro Turbo could only dream of sounding this sweet..
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:56 PM   #104
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
And for what it’s worth the Kia Forte GT has the sweetest sounding standard exhaust note of any Turbo4 period. The Camaro Turbo could only dream of sounding this sweet..

It's still a slow, low torque car. Coming from a car like an SS it will feel totally off.

Want something cheap why not get a 2011-2014 Mustang GT? Cheap, very quick and mod friendly.

For the price of a Forte you can also get a used C6 Corvette if you shop around.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #105
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
These companies doing this has me wondering if they are really selling them for a profit, as in a legitimate country based business practice, or something else like they are sending them to other countries or something more nefarious.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:23 AM   #106
Staves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
If you can buy for $21K before tax tag and fees I would jump now and definitely not wait...
I see them way below MSRP in MD. I was offered 23,981 OTD including everything for a GT2. That was 3wks ago. Would have done it but had to fly out to the east coast 2 days later and didn't have the time. And I'm still on the east coast.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:30 AM   #107
Staves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
It's still a slow, low torque car. Coming from a car like an SS it will feel totally off.

Want something cheap why not get a 2011-2014 Mustang GT? Cheap, very quick and mod friendly.

For the price of a Forte you can also get a used C6 Corvette if you shop around.
You're nuts. 195lb ft/tq is not low torque. And in real world driving the car is far from slow. It's not over the top fast like the Camaro but far from slow. Hell I've been driving my Mom's Sonata for the last 3 weeks while visiting on the coast and even that thing is adequate for regular driving and cruises at 75 effortlessly. The Forte GT smokes that car.

I'd keep my SS if I was going to switch to another gas guzzling heavy car (Mustang GT).
The ForteGT is light and tossable. Also the last thing I'd want is a POS C6 Vette. Owned an '09. Creaking piece of garbage.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #108
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
If I didn't have to fly to the east coast the next day, there's a good chance I would have given my Camaro to Carmax, taken the positive equity and gotten a Kia Forte GT. Smaller car since I mostly around town driving. I already received an OTD price that would cost me zero out of pocket. I would have pocketed $500.

But had to fly out for family issues and didn't have the 4 hrs to wait around at Carmax for the check.

So still have Camaro in transport mode...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
These companies doing this has me wondering if they are really selling them for a profit, as in a legitimate country based business practice, or something else like they are sending them to other countries or something more nefarious.
True. Like remember that plumbing business that sold their truck to a dealer and somehow it ended up in Syria or Iraq being used by isis with their logo still on it!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:58 PM   #109
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
You're nuts. 195lb ft/tq is not low torque. And in real world driving the car is far from slow. It's not over the top fast like the Camaro but far from slow. Hell I've been driving my Mom's Sonata for the last 3 weeks while visiting on the coast and even that thing is adequate for regular driving and cruises at 75 effortlessly. The Forte GT smokes that car.

I'd keep my SS if I was going to switch to another gas guzzling heavy car (Mustang GT).
The ForteGT is light and tossable. Also the last thing I'd want is a POS C6 Vette. Owned an '09. Creaking piece of garbage.

I just sold my V6 Camaro for reasons you mentioned in another post. It's just not practical as a daily anymore. I won't knock the Forte GT either. It's still going to be faster than many other cars on the road. People have a really skewed perception of what's fast on these forums. They think anything slower than an SS isn't fast. The American muscle/pony cars are an outlier when it comes to performance per dollar. No other manufacturer really comes close.

The Forte GT is perfectly competitive for the price you pay. It basically competes with the Honda Civic Si.

With that being said, have you also looked at the Kia K5?

Last edited by Malbjey; 05-11-2021 at 02:15 PM.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:43 PM   #110
Staves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
I just sold my V6 Camaro for reasons you mentioned in another post. It's just not practical as a daily anymore. I won't knock the Forte GT either. It's still going to be faster than many other cars on the road. People have a really skewed perception of what's fast on these forums. They think anything slower than an SS isn't fast. The American muscle/pony cars are an outlier when it comes to performance per dollar. No other manufacturer really comes close.

The Forte GT is perfectly competitive for the price you pay. It basically competes with the Honda Civic Si.

KIA K5 is nice but I’d take a loaded Forte GT for the same money as a base K5 basically.
Old 05-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #111
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post

Honestly the need to have a fast car kind of drives me nuts on here, and the internet as a whole. If I wanted the fastest thing per dollar, I'd have bought the best Corvette I could. There are many reasons why I didn't, and the most important one is that I don't like Corvettes. I don't find them rewarding to drive. I'll take driving my 1.6 Miata over really anything if I want to have fun.

Once I buy a house I'll likely get rid of the Camaro in favor of something a little more practical. My only requirement beyond that is that I must be able to autocross it, so it can't be an SUV or any really shitty econoboxes. I had a Focus ST before the Camaro, which would have been perfect, but I didn't plan on buying a house when I traded it, and don't believe in buying the same car twice.

I'm personally not interested in the Forte GT, but that's why they make different cars, we all look for different things out of cars. On my shortlist right now are the Veloster N, Civic Type R (assuming prices come down when the next-gen comes out), E39 M5, Stinger GT, and maybe a Focus RS, but that may be too similar to the ST to interest me. A Cayman is also on my irresponsible shortlist because I am very intrigued by Porsches and nearly bought one before the Camaro.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:52 PM   #112
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
Honestly the need to have a fast car kind of drives me nuts on here, and the internet as a whole. If I wanted the fastest thing per dollar, I'd have bought the best Corvette I could. There are many reasons why I didn't, and the most important one is that I don't like Corvettes. I don't find them rewarding to drive. I'll take driving my 1.6 Miata over really anything if I want to have fun.

Once I buy a house I'll likely get rid of the Camaro in favor of something a little more practical. My only requirement beyond that is that I must be able to autocross it, so it can't be an SUV or any really shitty econoboxes. I had a Focus ST before the Camaro, which would have been perfect, but I didn't plan on buying a house when I traded it, and don't believe in buying the same car twice.

I'm personally not interested in the Forte GT, but that's why they make different cars, we all look for different things out of cars. On my shortlist right now are the Veloster N, Civic Type R (assuming prices come down when the next-gen comes out), E39 M5, Stinger GT, and maybe a Focus RS, but that may be too similar to the ST to interest me. A Cayman is also on my irresponsible shortlist because I am very intrigued by Porsches and nearly bought one before the Camaro.

Yeah its funny. If you bring up electric cars the same people will say 'it's not about being fast!'

If you're going to be shopping new cars also consider the upcoming Elantra N and the Cadillac CT-4 V.

I just got the Stinger less than a week ago. I plan on popping my autocross cherry with it. Sometime this year. From what Ive read, everyone recommends adding sway bars, as it kinda fixes the car being unsettled over bumps. I haven't pushed it hard enough to run into that issue yet. It's a big, heavy car even if you opt for RWD. I did a small road trip with it already and it was awesome. It's nice having a practical car that's fun to drive as well. Just wish the exhaust was louder, but that can be easily remedied lol.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote