#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 05-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #29
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbonentte View Post
I will likely do matte black ppf when I do get it redone.
Have you actually seen any matte or satin black wraps that are thick enough to be PPF? Xpel doesn't make one, and most of the others I've seen are worthless because they're as thin as the OEM - about as thick as a dry cleaner bag. The best solution seems to be a wrap covered by Xpel, but that didn't stop the OEM film from peeling on my '18 SS 1LE. Chevy will pay for replacing the OEM black wrap under warranty; that still leaves me paying for the Xpel material cost - not the labor for replacing it, which will be paid by the original installer.

Last edited by 50MileSmile; 05-15-2021 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Updated for final outcome in bold
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:33 PM   #30
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
One more update for anyone considering having a defective OEM hood wrap replaced under warranty with a replacement OEM hood wrap. My dealer didn't recommend doing this, since the wrap material arrives at the dealer FOLDED in a box, instead of on a roll. He's had complaints from some 1LE owners about the fold lines being visible on the hood after installation of the wrap. His solution is to have a professional vehicle wrap installer do the work, which is fine with me since that's all they do.

It really shouldn't be this hard...
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:39 PM   #31
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
My dealer didn't recommend doing this, since the wrap material arrives at the dealer FOLDED in a box, instead of on a roll.
LOL... Genius GM!
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:43 AM   #32
AdzyHany

Drives: 2021 camaro ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
One more update for anyone considering having a defective OEM hood wrap replaced under warranty with a replacement OEM hood wrap. My dealer didn't recommend doing this, since the wrap material arrives at the dealer FOLDED in a box, instead of on a roll. He's had complaints from some 1LE owners about the fold lines being visible on the hood after installation of the wrap. His solution is to have a professional vehicle wrap installer do the work, which is fine with me since that's all they do.

It really shouldn't be this hard...
I had the dealer look at the car and it is covered under warranty. My work schedule is super messed up, I’m on call 100% of the time and never know when my weekend is going to happen so I told the service guy not to order anything, I just want it recorded that the issue was there for when I find time to deal with it. Now the dealer has been calling me twice a day for weeks telling me the new wrap is in and want me to book an appointment to install it. Idiots. This actually blows my mind how common this is
AdzyHany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:40 AM   #33
WldchrySS

Drives: 2021 camaro ss
My rally strips are doing the same.
WldchrySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:02 AM   #34
Travis959

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Mine was doing the same thing as OP, so I talked to the local dealer to get it replaced which they agreed to do. Took them over 2 months to get the part and schedule an appointment with a wrapping company.

Car has been at the wrapping company since first thing Wednesday morning. Wrapping company finally called Tuesday to ask if I wanted to use their own wrap since GM's wrap is really thin and their wrap has a 10 year warranty. So I went with a satin wrap from them. Work was completed Tuesday afternoon, but car still sitting there as dealership doesn't feel like going to get it yet I guess. He said he would try to go get it today but probably would be tomorrow.

Probably should have just installed the wrap myself, what a hassle for a 1-2 hour job.
Travis959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #35
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I'm right at three years of ownership and just over 50,000 miles, garage kept. My wrap looked good when I got it and still does. Yeah, I have two small rock chips, but they're small enough that I'm not going to bother replacing the wrap until something more significant goes wrong.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:51 PM   #36
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
No issues with mine. Wouldn't think of stripping it as I get so many compliments due to the black and green it's nuts. I'm far from an attention whore so this has taken getting used to over the last year or so.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:41 PM   #37
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Mine is just as great 3yrs/35K miles later, I'd have to nit pick it in order to have even a little complaint.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:22 AM   #38
Travis959

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Here is a comparison picture of the original OEM matte (left) and a satin wrap.
Attached Images

Travis959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 02:12 PM   #39
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis959 View Post
Here is a comparison picture of the original OEM matte (left) and a satin wrap.
That looks good! I waxed mine and it came out much glossier looking.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote