Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-20-2018, 10:13 PM   #15
G6CamJK

Drives: 16 2SS Convertible, 08 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfp_sf View Post
Since I leave my divider in 99% of the time, I'm planning on just cutting out most of the center of the divider and replacing the deleted material with a net. That way the light will be effective. I will post a picture when I'm done.
That sounds interesting. I too keep the partition up all the time. Having an effective trunk light would be nice.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #16
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Since I leave my divider in 99% of the time, I'm planning on just cutting out most of the center of the divider and replacing the deleted material with a net. That way the light will be effective. I will post a picture when I'm done.
Installed a couple bolt LEDs in the trunk liner and wired into the existing trunk light wiring harness. Plenty of light now with the divider in place.

First picture is the stock lighting with the divider in place. Second picture is the lighting I have now. Third picture is one of the bolt LEDs (one on each side of the trunk).
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #17
jfp_sf

Drives: 2017 Grey RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
Installed a couple bolt LEDs in the trunk liner and wired into the existing trunk light wiring harness. Plenty of light now with the divider in place.

First picture is the stock lighting with the divider in place. Second picture is the lighting I have now. Third picture is one of the bolt LEDs (one on each side of the trunk).
That looks really nice, but I'm reluctant to touch any wiring until the warranty is up.
jfp_sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #18
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
That looks really nice, but I'm reluctant to touch any wiring until the warranty is up.
I can certainly understand that concern. But this is such a minor modification it was difficult for even me to screw it up!
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:06 PM   #19
The Alien

Drives: 2017 2SS Covertible
I'm planning to build a different trunk divider in order to also use the part of the trunk below the top down.

I don't have any picture yet because I'm still waiting the parts.

My idea is to use a cargo net and hook it horizontally just below the 8" of height, 36 x 22.
In this way I can store items below it without the fear the turbulence will lift them up while the top down is operating (it's crazy paranoid but there is the risk, better safe than sorry)
Then another cargo net that hooks on the two existing top locks used by the divider but instead of going all the way down the bottom of the trunk, it stops at the same height of the previous net.
They can be seamed together using a small stick.
Using the OEM locks from the divider, the sensor will still work but I will have more room to work with.

The issue of using the net is that if you load heavy stuff and they move on hard brakes or accelerations, the net may not be strong enough to contain the items out of the operating area but it depends on these 'sticks' I mentioned as reinforcement.

I can replace the net with two thin boards but for storing it when you need the whole trunk, it could be annoying.

when the parts will come I will let you know more.
The Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #20
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
I have simply unbuttoned the bottom of the divider and let the top two stay connected. That allows me to store my spare tire in the trunk with no problems.

I think it would be ideal if the divider was permanently connected on top and simply rolled up to be out of the way.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:12 PM   #21
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
That allows me to store my spare tire ...
You can lower the top with the spare in the trunk?
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #22
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
You can lower the top with the spare in the trunk?
Yep. No problem.

I bought the modern spare with it's case, etc. There is an inch or two between the lowered top and the spare. The only issue is that you can't clip the bottom of the trunk divider.

I will try to take some pictures tomorrow to show how much space. I tried before but it was too dark, the pictures weren't good enough.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:33 AM   #23
The Alien

Drives: 2017 2SS Covertible
I just completed the idea I mentioned above

I made a brand new divider, with clips, magnet sensor, where I can use the space below the folded top and no modification in the car required.
I really wanted to make it 100% reversible. just in case

the whole DIY guide is here:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...0#post10233040

and here are few pictures of the final result:

The Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:49 PM   #24
somedude

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Convertible Auto V6
Looks great! and a very good idea thank you for sharing.
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:24 PM   #25
blpadge2

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Well if you take the car in for the divider recall, there will suddenly be an “extra” divider available. You just gotta keep the right one and cut up the other right one.
Only works if dealer lets you keep old part, which I doubt.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #26
Jarek

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
Simple and elegant solution

Hi All,

I have a much simpler and more elegant solution to divider delete - small neodymium magnet for 30 cents or so and double sided tape.
Have a look - attached photo.
No need to cut the divider like d00mz did or upgrade it like The Alien did (this is the safest option I have to agree, however his contraption is fixed and limits you from using the trunk space with top up - myself I look to get as much storing space as I can due to small trunk size).

Of course you need to be careful not to get the top down when storing items above those 8 inches in the back of the trunk - not to damage the top or items in the trunk!

If you plan to follow my approach be aware that magnet's polarization does matter - if taped on the wrong side it won't work (believe me I have tested it ).

BR,
Jarek
Attached Images

Last edited by Jarek; 07-05-2021 at 02:09 AM.
Jarek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 09:46 PM   #27
Drew145022

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Vert
Well if anyone doesn’t want there divider I’ll gladly take it. Mine broke so wouldn’t mind a replacement
Drew145022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:34 AM   #28
Uk2019
UK2019

Drives: Camaro 2017 2ss/eu spec convertible
Trunk divider delete

I posted a thread on this a while ago too. Also used a neodymium magnet but mounted it on a piece of plastic with a floor mat clip and wrapped in carpet tape. Easier to take on and off than sticking the magnet alone and looks slightly nicer
Attached Images

Uk2019 is offline   Reply With Quote