Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-16-2021, 12:55 PM   #57
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
LOL
Old 06-16-2021, 01:23 PM   #58
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
true,but my comment was more to why more muscle cars in general wouldn't sell like back in the day. The majority of the population doesn't care about cars like they did back then.

That's a better way of putting it.

Yes the Mustang and Challenger sells good. Many of them are not the Scatpack or GT though.

Also there is only 3 options. Well 4 if you include the Corvette but that's not practical for most people money wise and daily driving.

So when you only have 3 muscle cars to choose from there isn't many so of course sales will look better for the Challenger and Mustang because there are only 3 options to choose from.

If you had the Challenger, Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, GTO, GSX, 442, The Cuda, etc. all competing with each other then those Challenger sales would be a lot lower.

I know if there was a GTO right now, I mean a real muscle car GTO like the Camaro, not the Australian design that I'd be all over that sh** to have a GTO.

Of course there are men who like fast cars young and old, BUT like that image someone posted with the scooter with the two men it shows beta.

Lots of these young men are beta. They'd rather drive a prius or Tesla, New Green Deal types.

Not the type that buys a Camaro SS, or Challenger 392 or would have any interest in a 1969 Chevelle SS 396. They probably wouldn't even know how to change the air filter on a SS 396 lol.

CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #59
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'm snagging that for redistribution

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:06 PM   #60
Puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
That's a better way of putting it.

Yes the Mustang and Challenger sells good. Many of them are not the Scatpack or GT though.

Also there is only 3 options. Well 4 if you include the Corvette but that's not practical for most people money wise and daily driving.

So when you only have 3 muscle cars to choose from there isn't many so of course sales will look better for the Challenger and Mustang because there are only 3 options to choose from.

If you had the Challenger, Mustang, Camaro, Chevelle, GTO, GSX, 442, The Cuda, etc. all competing with each other then those Challenger sales would be a lot lower.

I know if there was a GTO right now, I mean a real muscle car GTO like the Camaro, not the Australian design that I'd be all over that sh** to have a GTO.

Of course there are men who like fast cars young and old, BUT like that image someone posted with the scooter with the two men it shows beta.

Lots of these young men are beta. They'd rather drive a prius or Tesla, New Green Deal types.

Not the type that buys a Camaro SS, or Challenger 392 or would have any interest in a 1969 Chevelle SS 396. They probably wouldn't even know how to change the air filter on a SS 396 lol.

Yep the Challenger sales would be lower but the Mustang would still probably sell the most. The brand recognition the Mustang carries is undeniable and its even showing on their MachE. And nope I wouldn't have any interest in an "old school" car I prefer to go forward with technology not backwards. Give me the newest transmission and engine and let me go from there.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:38 PM   #61
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Yep the Challenger sales would be lower but the Mustang would still probably sell the most. The brand recognition the Mustang carries is undeniable and its even showing on their MachE. And nope I wouldn't have any interest in an "old school" car I prefer to go forward with technology not backwards. Give me the newest transmission and engine and let me go from there.

So you wouldn't take a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 or a 502???
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:58 PM   #62
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i wound up selling the old cars when i got tired of 8 mpg,and they just dont handle or brake with the newer cars.yeah,i know you can swap in a new suspension,OD trans,disc brakes,etc. but then you have a new car disguised as an old one.might take one as a cruise night only toy,but it would be a once a week toy.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:19 PM   #63
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
dodge seems to have that market pretty well covered.an older platform,but engine choices from V6 to great god amighty,cooler colors and better advertising.yeah,dodge gets it.
Not sure it’s as good as you think. Number 2 in a dying segment. And they’ve already announced it’s going EV with future variants.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:25 PM   #64
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
I think part of the reason is that regular sedans / SUVs have closed the gap substantially from a performance standpoint while also being very practical family vehicles. To make things worse, I think car prices have increased at a much higher rate than average salaries making it harder to justify buying a relatively impractical toy (2nd or 3rd car) that's expensive.

For example, look at the performance stats on a "run of the mill" 2018 Honda Accord:
Those are basically LS1 F-body performance #s in a practical family sedan (or close enough)! At some point, performance levels reach a point of diminishing returns for street use so people aren't going to pay more for something they don't see the value in - especially if the added performance capability requires buying a 2nd car due to it being impractical.
This is why I daily drive a Model 3 Performance but have a Miata so I have something lightweight to toss around and rip through the gears with the top down. The Miata is relatively cheap to own and modify so it works as a 2nd/3rd toy car.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:47 AM   #65
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
When my dad got out of Nam in 69 he bought a brand new GTO and that was his daily driver. Mom at the time drove a small block Camaro.
Your Dad's about my age, maybe a couple of years older, so I get it.

Within the world of Chevy sedans/coupes, I've always been more of a 327 Chevy II guy. Though I did own what was perhaps the Chevelle SS's spiritual descendent in the 1979 305 4-speed Malibu coupe that we bought new. Kept that one all the way to 2012, too.

Smaller sedans of more moderate power have always felt "more balanced" to me, and more enjoyable to drive overall than a straight line hero that wasn't much good at anything else. Our current WRX (and the 2.5GT Legacy that preceded it) fit right in with that, at least for the price range that I'm comfortable shopping at.

Teslas push too many of the 'wrong' buttons for me, and not nearly enough of the 'right' ones.

Norm
Old 06-17-2021, 09:02 AM   #66
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I loved my Monaro. It was badass!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:55 AM   #67
MBSS1LE

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE
Quote:
So you wouldn't take a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 or a 502???
I agree with others. I would never want an older car as a vehicle I drove on a regular basis. I have a coupe of those and they are great to look at, talk about and drive to and from car shows, but unless you're going to take them far from stock and completely update them, the handling, braking, etc. are far from anything built in the past couple fo decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I loved my Monaro. It was badass!
Pretty sure the GTO he was referring to was a 1969 GTO, not the Holden rebadge that came later. I had a quicksilver 2006 that was a joy to drive.
MBSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:24 AM   #68
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSS1LE View Post
I agree with others. I would never want an older car as a vehicle I drove on a regular basis. I have a coupe of those and they are great to look at, talk about and drive to and from car shows, but unless you're going to take them far from stock and completely update them, the handling, braking, etc. are far from anything built in the past couple fo decades.

Pretty sure the GTO he was referring to was a 1969 GTO, not the Holden rebadge that came later. I had a quicksilver 2006 that was a joy to drive.
I was referring CamaroSSStlfan

"I know if there was a GTO right now, I mean a real muscle car GTO like the Camaro, not the Australian design that I'd be all over that sh** to have a GTO."

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:17 AM   #69
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Hey Fran, just wondering if you ever go to the Challenger/Charger forums since you own a Challenger now?
Old 06-17-2021, 11:18 AM   #70
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Hey Fran, just wondering if you ever go to the Challenger/Charger forums since you own a Challenger now?
He realized we're just a cooler group of kids, so he prefers to hang with us.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote