Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-02-2021, 01:17 AM   #43
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
My son was a ranger sniper. He does have stories of the 50 cal in combat through block walls. You don't hide from it very well.
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 02:12 PM   #44
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
The cupholder situation is hardly unique to the Camaro. My RX-8 was worse when it came to that. It basically makes the front slot unusable.

It's actually hilarious that some of the manual family cars I had, like the 08 Accord Sedan and 99 Corolla practice car, didn't have this issue, and those are the cars where the manual take rate is like 5%, if that.

The trunk opening annoys me a bit but space isn't too bad. I carried like 20 pounds of spot prawns in the trunk in buckets and that worked fine. Also went on some casual fishing trips and the fishing rods fit. Mine is a coupe, though, and with convertibles, that's probably gonna be a problem with the top down, especially given that I have a bag in my trunk with things like jumper cables, wheel chocks, etc.
Jinx, nope not unique. As we both come from the C7 realm, there is a part of me that scratches my head that the same company (GM), maximized the usable storage / cupholders on the C7 and almost seemed to overlook their location and trunk opening on the 6th Gen Camaro...and know I shouldn't. I realize they are completely different animals. With the transmission located aft in the C7, that alone facilitates the cupholders being shifted out of line with the gear shift and more armrest storage. Usable trunk storage was bigger in the C7 too (especially on the convertible).

It is what it is (as cliche as that is to say). I'm content and enjoying the ride and I'll make adjustments (and excuses) where necessary to get as much enjoyment out of it as I can. That was more my point of the post.

I had a nice run in with a trucker in traffic yesterday morning. He pulled up next to me at a light and was BEAMING looking down on my ZL1. How much hp? How fast, etc? Then he saw it was manual, and gave me a big thumbs up and agreed that was the only way to go. Had a grin on my face the whole way to work.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:41 PM   #45
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
Jinx, nope not unique. As we both come from the C7 realm, there is a part of me that scratches my head that the same company (GM), maximized the usable storage / cupholders on the C7 and almost seemed to overlook their location and trunk opening on the 6th Gen Camaro...and know I shouldn't. I realize they are completely different animals. With the transmission located aft in the C7, that alone facilitates the cupholders being shifted out of line with the gear shift and more armrest storage. Usable trunk storage was bigger in the C7 too (especially on the convertible).

It is what it is (as cliche as that is to say). I'm content and enjoying the ride and I'll make adjustments (and excuses) where necessary to get as much enjoyment out of it as I can. That was more my point of the post.

I had a nice run in with a trucker in traffic yesterday morning. He pulled up next to me at a light and was BEAMING looking down on my ZL1. How much hp? How fast, etc? Then he saw it was manual, and gave me a big thumbs up and agreed that was the only way to go. Had a grin on my face the whole way to work.
Corvettes only have 2 seats, which give it more flexibility when it comes to designing interior space. It can have massive trunk space without having to worry about the car being too big or heavy.

The Camaro has 4 seats, which does restrict the design a bit without making it even bigger.

And I thought the C7 convertible trunk space isn't very good. I haven't seen a convertible 6th Gen Camaro close up to see how bad it is.

And ditto on the compliment. My SS 1LE gets a lot of good attention a lot of the time.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 07:01 PM   #46
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Especially if it’s a manual!
Old 06-02-2021, 07:42 PM   #47
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Especially if it’s a manual!
Yeah, people give you the thumbs-up for it.

Even though automatics are definitely better in a lot of regards, manuals still get a lot of respect, especially from the car crowd.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:11 PM   #48
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Sounds like you need to move to WI where you can be <10 miles from a nice outdoor range & in a much more friendly 2A State of mind.

NW WI is the shiznit, Just sayin’.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:25 AM   #49
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Corvettes only have 2 seats, which give it more flexibility when it comes to designing interior space. It can have massive trunk space without having to worry about the car being too big or heavy.

The Camaro has 4 seats, which does restrict the design a bit without making it even bigger.

And I thought the C7 convertible trunk space isn't very good. I haven't seen a convertible 6th Gen Camaro close up to see how bad it is.
Here’s a good photo of the trunk space when the top is down. The article I pulled this from stated there was 7 cubic feet of available space.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2021, 06:28 AM   #50
LT4Greg

Maybe room for a cooler or suitcase!
Old 06-03-2021, 07:52 AM   #51
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Maybe room for a cooler or suitcase!
Will fit 2 IGLOOS comfortably.
Attached Images

Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #52
Big Lebowski

Quote:

And ditto on the compliment. My SS 1LE gets a lot of good attention a lot of the time.
The C7 Convertible trunk space was WAY better...but you are correct. While the Camaro techically has back seats, it is a 2 seater for all intents and purposes. I took my wife and 19 year old daughter to Dairy Queen last night and she swore never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Sounds like you need to move to WI where you can be <10 miles from a nice outdoor range & in a much more friendly 2A State of mind.

NW WI is the shiznit, Just sayin’.
Ha ha...anywhere is better than IL. Not sure I could convert to being a Packer fan, so Northern WI is out, lol. We have a family place in Northern Michigan and its a different world. Love the Black Hills in South Dakota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Here’s a good photo of the trunk space when the top is down. The article I pulled this from stated there was 7 cubic feet of available space.
Yep. Looks bigger in this photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Will fit 2 IGLOOS comfortably.
That's about the extent of it!
Old 06-03-2021, 02:59 PM   #53
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
The C7 Convertible trunk space was WAY better...but you are correct. While the Camaro techically has back seats, it is a 2 seater for all intents and purposes. I took my wife and 19 year old daughter to Dairy Queen last night and she swore never again.

Ha ha...anywhere is better than IL. Not sure I could convert to being a Packer fan, so Northern WI is out, lol. We have a family place in Northern Michigan and its a different world. Love the Black Hills in South Dakota.

Yep. Looks bigger in this photo.

That's about the extent of it!
Now you’re making excuses.

I haven’t watched a sportsball game of any sorts in almost 2 decades.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:45 PM   #54
Big Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Now you’re making excuses.

I haven’t watched a sportsball game of any sorts in almost 2 decades.
Ha ha, you might be right. I do enjoy the occasional ball game. For now, my business is here...and so are the Bears and my Cubbies.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:36 AM   #55
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ha ha, you might be right. I do enjoy the occasional ball game. For now, my business is here...and so are the Bears and my Cubbies.
Gotcha.

We have bears with cubs up here too. Almost hit one the other day.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:02 AM   #56
LT4Greg

Big L, what have you decided to do about your Camaro? You keeping it or getting a C8?