Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Forgive me as I have sinned..

Well, I guess you can say that I'm not having the best day today. I saw my SS for what is most likely the last time. A car buyer from a dealership had contacted me with an offer that I would be a fool to refuse. I had the car for about nine months. I put some miles on, washed/detailed it probably a hundred times, and loved the ownership.. but I think "goodbye" was the best choice for my situation. I not only got every penny that I stuck into the car back, but I made a significant profit as well..this market is not going to last, so it is now or never.

Having said all of that, I do plan to stick around.. even though I'm not technically one in the "club" but I thoroughly enjoy this forum!
Attached Images

zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:03 PM   #2
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
not a bad idea.
wait a year or 2 then maybe get another one aye?
Old 05-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #3
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Well, I guess you can say that I'm not having the best day today. I saw my SS for what is most likely the last time. A car buyer from a dealership had contacted me with an offer that I would be a fool to refuse. I had the car for about nine months. I put some miles on, washed/detailed it probably a hundred times, and loved the ownership.. but I think "goodbye" was the best choice for my situation. I not only got every penny that I stuck into the car back, but I made a significant profit as well..this market is not going to last, so it is now or never.

Having said all of that, I do plan to stick around.. even though I'm not technically one in the "club" but I thoroughly enjoy this forum!
Glad to hear you got a solid offer. You are correct on all fronts, if you plan to sell, now is the time. Maybe you can snag a deal on a clean ZL1 when values begin to normalize to pre covid times.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:34 PM   #4
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Glad to hear you got a solid offer. You are correct on all fronts, if you plan to sell, now is the time. Maybe you can snag a deal on a clean ZL1 when values begin to normalize to pre covid times.

Was thinking the same. There are more Zl1s around me for sale than the SS.

Wait until later in summer and get a used ZL1. ZL1s don't move as fast off the lots as the v6 and Camaro SS models. They will be more tempted to clear them off when they don't sell.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:40 PM   #5
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
not a bad idea.
wait a year or 2 then maybe get another one aye?
Yeah, that was something I told myself to help nudge me in the right direction.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #6
LT1ornothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Was thinking the same. There are more Zl1s around me for sale than the SS.

Wait until later in summer and get a used ZL1. ZL1s don't move as fast off the lots as the v6 and Camaro SS models. They will be more tempted to clear them off when they don't sell.
They had a clean one in the mid 40s at the dealer where I purchased my new 2020 LT1, god knows I wanted it, but those extra 16K+ would have made the Financials uncomfortable. Factor in 5 years of warranty on the LT1 vs 2 years on the ZL1, plus a higher interest rate on the used ZL1 vs a new LT1. No regrets, just wish I had been in a better situation to take advantage of that ZL1 opportunity.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #7
zaimer

Quote:
I mean these prices (so called values) are totally insane. There is no logic to buy many of the used vehicles right now, unless it is a no-other-choice circumstance.. which many of us with these toy/fun cars are not in. If I had purchased this car brand new (back in winter of '16) and sold today (like I did), you would've had the car for a few thousand dollars. That is CRAZY. The sales tax alone on this car (new) would be around $2,600.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:46 PM   #8
zaimer

Quote:
They had a clean one in the mid 40s at the dealer where I purchased my new 2020 LT1, god knows I wanted it, but those extra 16K+ would have made the Financials uncomfortable. Factor in 5 years of warranty on the LT1 vs 2 years on the ZL1, plus a higher interest rate on the used ZL1 vs a new LT1. No regrets, just wish I had been in a better situation to take advantage of that ZL1 opportunity.
That sounds like you may have passed up a decent deal, but made the better choice. You can only justify a deal so far... especially if it is not agreeing with your financial limits.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #9
LT1ornothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
That sounds like you may have passed up a decent deal, but made the better choice. You can only justify a deal so far... especially if it is not agreeing with your financial limits.
Yea man, financing 29k new was much easier than financing 46k used.
Old 05-06-2021, 12:59 PM   #10
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
2 Words...

Wide Body

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:00 PM   #11
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

What year was this mid 40s zl1? That sounds SUPER LOW in price. How many miles? Did you see the carfax for accidents or other issues?

When a deal is that good there has to be an underlying factor.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:10 PM   #12
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
2 Words...

Wide Body

Farmer you trying to recruit people now...

Sure has been a lot of threads of people selling or thinking about selling their car in this market.
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:11 PM   #13
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Farmer you trying to recruit people now...
Actually no not at all, not even a little. Everyone here knows I would still have that Camaro!

And technically it is 1 word Widebody

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #14
LT1ornothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
What year was this mid 40s zl1? That sounds SUPER LOW in price. How many miles? Did you see the carfax for accidents or other issues?

When a deal is that good there has to be an underlying factor.
This was March/April 2020, ALL vehicles prices at this point in time were low new and used. No one was buying cars at the beginning of the pandemic compared to any other time.The ZL1 was clean 2018 M6 12,000 miles. I didn't check the report but had no doubts it had a clean title. I didn't drive it because knowing myself, I would have bought it and struggled with payments for the duration of the loan.