Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 07-05-2021, 01:00 PM   #29
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
Mystery solved! I have driven Dunnville though, and for whatever reason, the TH track footage didn't line up with my memories from there, so I ruled it out. But it would have been roughly 15 years ago that I was there last and my memory ain't that great. However I do vividly recall that while on the track doing laps there, a parachutist who had taken off from the air strip there only got a partial deployment of his chute on the way down! Hard to concentrate on driving when you see someone helplessly spinning towards the ground at high speed. He did survive though.

Keep in mind that at the time the TH video was shot at TMP, that 1LE only had Pilot Sport tires on it, not the SC3's or Cup 2's, for whatever that's worth.

Edit... I found some pictures from my track day at Dunville with my 240Z back in 2004!

Nigel
That 240Z is a beauty! I dont think it would be much fun tracking a car while folks are dropping from the sky

You sure the 1LE was on Pilot Sports? I think the C7 was on those tires and the comparo was stock vs stock?

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #30
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
That 240Z is a beauty! I dont think it would be much fun tracking a car while folks are dropping from the sky

You sure the 1LE was on Pilot Sports? I think the C7 was on those tires and the comparo was stock vs stock?

Cheers!

I'm reasonably certain. I watched the video again, and couldn't find it mentioned explicitly. From a side view in the video, the 1LE is clearly on Michelin's, but I can't make out the model. From a look at the tread in a video they did with that same 1LE a couple of months later, they are not Cup 2's and I recall from other discussions about it elsewhere that the Camaro was on Pilot Sports for those early videos they did. Don't know if they were 4's or 4S's though. For the later Mustang vs Camaro track test that TH did, the Camaro was definitely on Cup 2's by that point.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #31
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
if yall havent seen this, it might be interesting. this would be more of a metric of how the cars compare. i too like the grass roots guys and i am one myself. i took an early gen 5 and turned it into a pretty good track car. obviously track conditions vary but this guy is like having a data computer in the car.
https://www.proracerstake.com/
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:31 PM   #32
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
I'm reasonably certain. I watched the video again, and couldn't find it mentioned explicitly. From a side view in the video, the 1LE is clearly on Michelin's, but I can't make out the model. From a look at the tread in a video they did with that same 1LE a couple of months later, they are not Cup 2's and I recall from other discussions about it elsewhere that the Camaro was on Pilot Sports for those early videos they did. Don't know if they were 4's or 4S's though. For the later Mustang vs Camaro track test that TH did, the Camaro was definitely on Cup 2's by that point.

Nigel

I wasn't aware of it, except for Cup2s when running against a Stang, so thanks for pointing this out. Explains why the time was off so much. Cheers!
Old 07-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #33
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
if yall havent seen this, it might be interesting. this would be more of a metric of how the cars compare. i too like the grass roots guys and i am one myself. i took an early gen 5 and turned it into a pretty good track car. obviously track conditions vary but this guy is like having a data computer in the car.
https://www.proracerstake.com/
Great find, so thanks for posting it! Did see the SS 1LE lap, but wasnt aware of the others. Interestingly, it also highlights how good a driver Provoste is, given he went quite a bit faster in his car. Not necessarily surprised here, given he has tons of seat time in it. Cheers!
Old 07-05-2021, 05:50 PM   #34
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
well eric is a great driver, but, consider the car ap drove had stock alignment, dot 3 fluid, and he drove it 2 laps.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:24 PM   #35
birdmanf16

Drives: 2022 Zl1 1lE
Send a message via MSN to birdmanf16 Send a message via Yahoo to birdmanf16
Their track is really bumpy....not good for a ZLE. The SS 1LE loves bumpy tracks and remains settled throughout.
birdmanf16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:49 PM   #36
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanf16 View Post
Their track is really bumpy....not good for a ZLE. The SS 1LE loves bumpy tracks and remains settled throughout.
Yeah. They mentioned in the ZLE video it was in its stiffest setting and that affected how well it could put the power down through the bumpy parts. It makes me think a regular ZL1 on factory tires would be faster on that track than the ZLE time considering it’s quite a bit quicker than an SS 1LE.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote