Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-29-2019, 03:10 PM   #1
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Mother's CMX Ceramic Spray Coating

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/01024.html

Anyone try it yet? Si02 and Ti02. $15 at Pep Boys near me.

This guy seems to think it is pretty good: https://youtu.be/bRiHwSwlSns
Old 07-29-2019, 07:59 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Yes I tried it mid spring. At the beginning of spring I used Mequiars Hybrid Ceramic wax. It lasted about a month. The CMX was applied next and it lasted about a month. I might have put it on too thick because when polishing it off it looked like 0.01” styrofoam balls flying around all over the place. It was a mess but probably my fault because of application. Last application was Chemical Guys Butter. That seems to have done a good job too.

I’ll add that between hand washes I’d run through a touch-less car wash and stopped doing that because I believe it was causing these products to not last as long as expected.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:55 AM   #3
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Yes I tried it mid spring. At the beginning of spring I used Mequiars Hybrid Ceramic wax. It lasted about a month. The CMX was applied next and it lasted about a month. I might have put it on too thick because when polishing it off it looked like 0.01” styrofoam balls flying around all over the place. It was a mess but probably my fault because of application. Last application was Chemical Guys Butter. That seems to have done a good job too.

I’ll add that between hand washes I’d run through a touch-less car wash and stopped doing that because I believe it was causing these products to not last as long as expected.
I have tried CMX and Meguiars, I hand wash, 2 bucket, and rinse-less, and none of it lasts. I can get several months out of Adams Spray Ceramic...Heading to The Jax Wax car show in a couple weeks and I'm hoping they have a NEW topper. Right now I am just using beadmaker as a detail spray and for the shine...it is just so easy to use and get off without streaks, etc.
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:47 AM   #4
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
I have tried CMX and Meguiars, I hand wash, 2 bucket, and rinse-less, and none of it lasts. I can get several months out of Adams Spray Ceramic...Heading to The Jax Wax car show in a couple weeks and I'm hoping they have a NEW topper. Right now I am just using beadmaker as a detail spray and for the shine...it is just so easy to use and get off without streaks, etc.
Ok, so you find Adams spray ceramic to be good. How is it in terms of shine?

Any others you find to be durable that provide a high gloss?
Old 07-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #5
Intimidator

My car is a DD...and every Monday, some Thursdays, Every Friday and Saturday, and some Sundays it is at a car show or cruise-in.
It is Ceramic coated and has PPF installed.
Unless it rains or the brakes start squeaking, it gets a rinseless with plenty of microfibers, then a detailer/topper.
To most The Adams is cost prohibitive, I put 2 coats on 3 cars for 50 bucks, and they shine beautifully...and it is so easy to use and for me it doesn't streak.
I've watered down the Meguiars, to see if it made a difference, and it still streaks on dark colors...I'm trying to stay away from the BIG NAMES since I clean my car so much.
That's why I hope Jax Wax has a Surprise coming soon...I get a nice discount from them!lol
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2019, 01:10 PM   #6
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Very nice, Intimidator!
Old 07-30-2019, 06:08 PM   #7
Intimidator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Very nice, Intimidator!
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #8
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
My car is a DD...and every Monday, some Thursdays, Every Friday and Saturday, and some Sundays it is at a car show or cruise-in.
It is Ceramic coated and has PPF installed.
Unless it rains or the brakes start squeaking, it gets a rinseless with plenty of microfibers, then a detailer/topper.
To most The Adams is cost prohibitive, I put 2 coats on 3 cars for 50 bucks, and they shine beautifully...and it is so easy to use and for me it doesn't streak.
I've watered down the Meguiars, to see if it made a difference, and it still streaks on dark colors...I'm trying to stay away from the BIG NAMES since I clean my car so much.
That's why I hope Jax Wax has a Surprise coming soon...I get a nice discount from them!lol
Thanks for all of your feedback because this is confirmation of my results with BIG NAMES!

BTW, your car looks Niiiiiiice!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote