Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-11-2019, 11:22 PM   #29
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Drive a 5.0 stang back to back with your SS. You’ll have a new appreciation for how much fun your car is / torque it has. The stang feels like it’s pulling 500lbs of rocks, until it hits 3500 RPM. It’s easy to get used to what you have, until you try something else...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:34 PM   #30
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Sounds like you need more on/off ramps in your life.
That's where I was gonna go with this. It's very docile while in traffic or going straight. Luckily, I have curves and on/off ramps to liven up my drives. 40mph is a hell of a lot of fun when you're over .9 g!
Old 10-12-2019, 04:16 AM   #31
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Yep. I don't own one, but it was a very surprising part of my test drive in a 1SS 1LE. It was fun shifting gears and romping out of corners in town, but once I settled into a cruise on the highway the only way I noticed I was still in a Red Hot musclecar was guys in loud Hondas and Nissans kept running up on me.

As you mentioned about 'slow cars fast, fast cars slow', I think it's the effect of normal cruising speeds being so short of its limits. For comparison, my 160HP FIAT 500 Abarth was hilarious to drive because I could wind it up all the time just darting around town and getting up to speed on the highway; I was able to use the whole car all the time. An SS needs a racetrack for that.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:59 AM   #32
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
For me, the ultimate daily driver would be a PDK GT4 or GT3

But that’s beyond my means.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:12 AM   #33
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I predict you will posting on here in less than 6 months about having sold or traded your car. Your post speaks for itself, you are just plain bored with your car. The only way out of this, is a radical change of your car or moving to something else.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:04 AM   #34
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
OP's join date was Oct 5, he posts about the 1967 Z28.

Then he posts "THE TRUTH about my SS".

Maybe your truth, but not mine. Please post some pictures of you and your SS, dedede.
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:45 PM   #35
DEDEDE

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Have you done any work to the car? A great exhaust can make a cruise more rewarding, for example. I find myself downshifting just to hear it! The Whipple made it MUCH more entertaining to drive! But in all seriousness, sometimes a few mods can personalize a car to your tastes, making it more fun to own. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the input. I'm afraid that doing anything to make the car more rewarding to drive will only make it better at a spirited pace.
DEDEDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:48 PM   #36
DEDEDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Sounds like you need more on/off ramps in your life.
Exactly, that's when the car is fun to drive! It's not the speed, it's the way the car is transformed by the speed. It becomes a different car.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:54 PM   #37
DEDEDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
Yep. I don't own one, but it was a very surprising part of my test drive in a 1SS 1LE. It was fun shifting gears and romping out of corners in town, but once I settled into a cruise on the highway the only way I noticed I was still in a Red Hot musclecar was guys in loud Hondas and Nissans kept running up on me.

As you mentioned about 'slow cars fast, fast cars slow', I think it's the effect of normal cruising speeds being so short of its limits. For comparison, my 160HP FIAT 500 Abarth was hilarious to drive because I could wind it up all the time just darting around town and getting up to speed on the highway; I was able to use the whole car all the time. An SS needs a racetrack for that.
You get it. I keep saying it because it so true, the SS seems to "Shrink" as the speed increases. Throw it at some canyon turns and it feels perfect.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #38
DEDEDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
I predict you will posting on here in less than 6 months about having sold or traded your car. Your post speaks for itself, you are just plain bored with your car. The only way out of this, is a radical change of your car or moving to something else.
That's not going to happen. I've been in awe of this car for three years now. It's an early Trans Am race car for the road. I'll probably get a second car that's fun at any speed. If I sold the SS, what would I get for under 50K. I'm driving a winner.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #39
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Not sure what you expected people on a Camaro forum to say in response to your post. What was the purpose of the post? I respect everyone's opinion, but it's just that...an opinion. Perhaps the title of your post should have been "My Opinion of My SS". Because the truth is pretty much every member of a Camaro forum is going to tell you that owning and driving a Camaro (especially an SS) is a very rewarding experience. Boring is not the description a Camaro deserves. But, this is just my opinion.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:13 PM   #40
DEDEDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
OP's join date was Oct 5, he posts about the 1967 Z28.

Then he posts "THE TRUTH about my SS".

Maybe your truth, but not mine. Please post some pictures of you and your SS, dedede.
I visited this site a hundred times before I joined and summited my first post. I thought the first post was great. It linked an article that showed that the 67 Camaro Trans Am race driven my Donohue is not faster then my bone stock 17 SS. I find that amazing, it's a beast but it's a very comfortable street car. The new car can corner better and it has much better brakes. I've got a 1SS manual with just two options, black standard wheels and the NPP exhaust. I'm not going to lie about owning a 35K ride.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #41
DEDEDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
Not sure what you expected people on a Camaro forum to say in response to your post. What was the purpose of the post? I respect everyone's opinion, but it's just that...an opinion. Perhaps the title of your post should have been "My Opinion of My SS". Because the truth is pretty much every member of a Camaro forum is going to tell you that owning and driving a Camaro (especially an SS) is a very rewarding experience. Boring is not the description a Camaro deserves. But, this is just my opinion.
You're right but I'm not putting the car down at all. I love my car but I love it more when I'm on the on/off ramps!
Old 10-12-2019, 08:39 PM   #42
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
I didn't read it as a problem with the car, just an interesting note. I was aware of it when I drove one because it was unexpected.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote