Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > International Regions > Europe (Continental)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #43
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Customs cleared and it's being picked up Monday morning to go for Vehicle Inspection prep. Depending on when it gets there, I'll see it for the first time in either 24 or 48 hours

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:01 AM   #44
Gary H

So there it is. After 2 years of planning, saving, scrimping and obsessing, 3 months of searching, 2 sales that fell through at the last moment, 9 weeks of waiting and an almost 9000 mile journey on land and sea, it's home, in my Garage, one of only a handful in the UK. What a drive home last night. Dreams can come true.
Now on to the next chapter....
Attached Images

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Old 08-23-2019, 05:56 AM   #45
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Congratulations! The excitement had to be unreal when you first and finally saw the girl! See you had the "Camaro" sign up in the garage before she arrived. She is a beauty.

Larry
Old 09-05-2019, 07:39 AM   #46
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Congratulations. This is one of a kind. Please share more with us.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:43 AM   #47
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Guys lets meet at some time.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #48
Gary H

So back from my Detailers after a LOT of correction and self-healing PPF applied to the entire front end.
Blown away by the result - and my little mods which I've had planned since the outset finally bringing it all together
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #49
Loscipresses

Drives: 2017 1LE
Hello All,
I have a 2017 1LE in Hyper Blue, I live in Florida and now I have to move to Switzerland, I read the posts especially from Gary as I am navigating the process of possibly taking my car. I called GEICO for instance and they were so confused, a US registered car, in Europe....anyway hope they get back to me, the other main topic I can't seem to find much on is what can I do in Miami prior to leaving to make the registering the car in Switzerland easier, like the amber tail lights etc, again any help would be very welcome, it see like its not exactly a science and if "depends" but for those who have done it, can you share your experience ? thanks. If I can work out how to post a pic of my car I will.
Loscipresses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:13 AM   #50
Gary H

Speak to Rolf - "swisstyphoon" on here and Insta. I'm sure he can help

Old 09-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #51
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscipresses View Post
Hello All,
I have a 2017 1LE in Hyper Blue, I live in Florida and now I have to move to Switzerland, I read the posts especially from Gary as I am navigating the process of possibly taking my car. I called GEICO for instance and they were so confused, a US registered car, in Europe....anyway hope they get back to me, the other main topic I can't seem to find much on is what can I do in Miami prior to leaving to make the registering the car in Switzerland easier, like the amber tail lights etc, again any help would be very welcome, it see like its not exactly a science and if "depends" but for those who have done it, can you share your experience ? thanks. If I can work out how to post a pic of my car I will.
Hello Loscipresses.
I'm sure I have alot of helpful info for you. Send me a pm.
I went through the same process, shipped my car from Miami to Switzerland last year. You can drive it over here for up to 1 year with the US plates. Just have to get swiss insurance on the US plates.
No need for amber tail lights.
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980

Last edited by swisstyphoon; 09-06-2020 at 04:08 PM.
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #52
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Can't believe I've missed this thread until now.

Awesome Journey!!
Old 09-06-2020, 05:14 PM   #53
Gary H

Thanks, it's been quite a journey. And quite a crazy year to say the least.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2020, 07:12 AM   #54
AussieSS
Aussie2SS

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Gary, congrats, that beast looks the business on London streets. I lived in London in the 2000’s, lots of great exotics but I never saw a Camaro and a ZL1 is going to be huge.
AussieSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:54 AM   #55
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Awesome story!!
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #56
Gary H

Thanks guys
Yup, only 4 or 5 in the country that I know of!