Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 02-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Blackfire vs Wolfgang "walkaway" sealants

I have written often here that we need to do more comparison tests, rather than usual posts of "use this one, because I do"......in this case he finds little diff as I personally think a few of them are the same base product.

Here's a good side-by-side of why wipe-on-walk-away sealants are very exciting to use, because they're so damn easy and efficient… Enjoy…

If you watch the water application that he does, you start to understand why this stuff is so great for keeping your car clean after a rainstorm or being in lousy weather for a day on a long trip. I routinely make a 4 Hour Drive to Sarasota in the rain and I get there, and my car looks like it doesn't even need a wash.

https://youtu.be/yVXIIrXgxIo

Last edited by Glen e; 02-10-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
What do you recommend for maintenance after the initial application of clay-polish-sealant?

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
What do you recommend for maintenance after the initial application of clay-polish-sealant?
For the Blackfire, I use their polymer spray over crystal seal.
Have not tried Wolfgang so no input there.

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-spray-sealant.html
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
For the Blackfire, I use their polymer spray over crystal seal.
Have not tried Wolfgang so no input there.

http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-spray-sealant.html
I thought it was OK, but in the long run but I thought it was expensive for how much I got out of a bottle.

So I just do a duragloss aquawax as a drying agent when I do rinseless....AW is also a good quick detailer. By the gallon, it's pretty cheap.

I also like his Meguires 205 as a polish, and then an alcohol wipe before the sealant. I personally think that's a winning combination.

Download the documents in my signature for a "how to" on this product, or any of Norcal's posts....NorCal, your stuff the other night on the coatings thread from you laid out a lot of "how to", really should be broken out and put in a single thread, so people could find it in a search .......all that stuff was excellent.

Last edited by Glen e; 02-10-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:40 PM   #5
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Good stuff guys! I agree with Glen. The AW works great and really enhances and brings out the BF Sealant after a rinseless wash. Looks like sealant was just put on. I do like it as a quick detailer from time to time.

Seriously all of these wipe on wipe off sealants are awesome! The days of spending hours or days cleaning, washing and detailing are truly over. These products have changed my ways big time with even better results!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:07 PM   #6
Camar05

Drives: NGM '16 2LT A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I thought it was OK, but in the long run but I thought it was expensive for how much I got out of a bottle.

So I just do a duragloss aquawax as a drying agent when I do rinseless....AW is also a good quick detailer. By the gallon, it's pretty cheap.

I also like his Meguires 205 as a polish, and then an alcohol wipe before the sealant. I personally think that's a winning combination.

Download the documents in my signature for a "how to" on this product, or any of Norcal's posts....NorCal, your stuff the other night on the coatings thread from you laid out a lot of "how to", really should be broken out and put in a single thread, so people could find it in a search .......all that stuff was excellent.
When you say you use DG's Aquawax, are you using the actual spray wax or the pink Rinse less with aquawax?
Camar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:11 PM   #7
Glen e

Both......

Rinseless the car with pink - see my sig for how to.....
Before drying, spray AW every 3rd or 4th wash, not every time
Dry car with waffle weave......
Old 02-10-2017, 11:53 PM   #8
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:

Yea I probably will break it down into a few single threads. Probably will do microfiber care, coated waterless, coated rinseless, coating repair, and I have a Polish Angel coating install with correction comming up in the spring...... if it ever stops raining.

I am not using any conventional products any more, so although the subject line will cover products for coatings, the techniques apply across the board. Will probably work on microfiber this weekend. And of course feel free to add any input, or other methods, there is always something to realize and learn with this stuff.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:15 AM   #9
SSport16

Quote:
Both......

Rinseless the car with pink - see my sig for how to.....
Before drying, spray AW every 3rd or 4th wash, not every time
Dry car with waffle weave......
Hey Glen...how is the Duragloss wheel cleaner, work well?

Old 02-11-2017, 09:07 AM   #10
Glen e

Yup...pretty cheap too..... it does not have the purple Decon feature of the sonax, but gets off all the stuff visible. I do sonax Decon 2-3 times a year, and then use this stuff for biweekly or so maintenance. My brakes stay clean, I don't have brembos

Last edited by Glen e; 02-11-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #11
SSport16

Quote:
Yup...pretty cheap too..... it does not have the purple Decon feature of the sonax, but gets off all the stuff visible. I do sonax Decon 2-3 times a year, and then use this stuff for biweekly or so maintenance. My brakes stay clean, I don't have brembos
Thanks...might have to give it a try!