Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 03-20-2017, 06:13 PM   #15
stook2001

Drives: 99 M3, 04 STi, 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
You have to remember how/why rinse less works. The real key is the plush side of the microfiber towel picking up the dirt in its fibers, so therefore more clean microfiber surface that touches the car , is going to get off more dirt. The rinseless is not just soap, it's a a liquid with more lubrication to float off the dirt, therefore double up the amount of towels you use. I usually use 5-6, on a dirty car, I'd use 10 or so......
No question... In fact, I'd one up you a bit and suggest that the more towels you use the better. There is obviously a diminishing point of return and it becomes a waste of effort swapping towels. However, the point is that you do not want to be rubbing visibly contaminated towels over the paint since that dirt, if enough, will scratch up the clear and cause swirl marks. If it seems even remotely dirty - swap the towel, or at worst, carefully rinse the towel in a rinse bucket with a grit guard in the bottom. I follow the 2 bucket wash method with the rinseless approach for this very reason.

In terms of the pressure washer, as others have said, I use mine probably half the time that I wash my car. Maybe even more. Doesn't work quite as well you might think but it does get a decent amount of dirt off. Don't waste your money on a foam cannon. In my experience, they are totally overrated. I wouldn't say they are useless, just because it is impolite and who knows really, but they are not particularly useful and not worth the cost or added time to run it. Does look cool though.
stook2001 is offline   Reply With Quote