Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > International Regions > Europe (Continental)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Where to order parts

Hello,

I have compiled a list of parts needed to do some general and preventive maintenance. I could probably order this from an Opel/Vauxhall dealership, but prefer an online source.

Does anyone have experience ordering parts either from European or US sources?

[EDIT] Just want to add I have tried gmpartsdirect.com, but was quoted more than 2250 USD in shipping alone, for a 197 USD order, for some odd bits and bolts and two 1L containers of diff fluid.

Last edited by mrgoodbytes; 04-10-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: shocking shipping example
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:34 AM   #2
mrgoodbytes

I ended up buying from https://www.newgmparts.com/, although their items were priced slightly higher than gmpartsdirect.com, their shipping was at a more reasonable 71.21 USD. Shipping was with DHL and took only 5 days.

I ordered a variety of different screws and clips to perform af few of the TSB and recalls myself, along with some regular maintenance items.

However, a small detail is that they left out 3 of the total 5 oil filters that I ordered. Not a big issue. I have e-mailed them and proposed that they could just give me a discount on my next purchase. They responded very quickly, no problem.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
bereic

Drives: Camaro SS 2018 Convertible
I ordered OEM parts from https://www.chevynationparts.net for my Camaro incl. shipping to Switzerland.

Value of Parts: $ 420.39
Shipping (FedEx): $ 49.95

I got the parts well packaged after 5 business days.

Ordering single parts in some cases is better to do it with Ebay.com. As they also include already the customs handling and you pay it immediately to ebay. So no extra invoice from local customs.
did it already twice.... Items arrived after 6 days.
bereic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:24 AM   #4
mrgoodbytes

I agree, I've done some items from eBay as well for my Lexus. It is nice that they handle the customs. Usually I would get parts from the US shipped quickly, but then wait 2 weeks for the customs to clear it locally.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
bereic

Drives: Camaro SS 2018 Convertible
Yeah, our customs is also stating 2 werks for customs handling. Nevertheless my orders were processed in 24hours.
I guess its depending on the load they get.
Ebay is working eith a company which is handling also the customs.
There were rumours that ebay is doiing something weird by shipping it via GB to bypass the customs at all. If its true i can’t judge.
bereic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
There are also some companies available who have a container in the US. You just register and by your stuff in the US and they will ship it either Germany or the UK.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote