Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-21-2023, 09:51 AM   #15
Annihilate

Drives: 2024 2SS Camaro, 1988 IROC Z
Send a message via Skype™ to Annihilate
It looks like I'm going to need to put a deposit down no matter where I go if I am looking to build one.

At about $500 an order (initial lowest suggested down payment)

How many different orders should one place?

Annihilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:15 AM   #16
MattZ

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS - Summit White
I personally put in 2 orders with large volume dealers. I was not asked to put a down payment down on either order. I asked the first dealer about that and he said if I back out and don't buy the car, someone else will buy it no problem so they want all orders to be built. Before I placed the second order, I let that dealer know I already have another order in and I told him my business is going to whoever gets me the allocation first. In my case the 1st dealer got it but he had a 2 week head start before I went to the 2nd dealer. Definitely place multiple orders especially if there is no down payment required and ask for the order number so you can track the status on Chevy's website.
MattZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:21 AM   #17
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattZ View Post
I personally put in 2 orders with large volume dealers. I was not asked to put a down payment down on either order. I asked the first dealer about that and he said if I back out and don't buy the car, someone else will buy it no problem so they want all orders to be built. Before I placed the second order, I let that dealer know I already have another order in and I told him my business is going to whoever gets me the allocation first. In my case the 1st dealer got it but he had a 2 week head start before I went to the 2nd dealer. Definitely place multiple orders especially if there is no down payment required and ask for the order number so you can track the status on Chevy's website.
This is what I’m doing lol. I hope I’m not too late.

I was curious if you pick less popular options like “bright silver wheels” instead of “black foraged wheels” if that would make a difference in allocation.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 11:02 AM   #18
MattZ

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
This is what I’m doing lol. I hope I’m not too late.

I was curious if you pick less popular options like “bright silver wheels” instead of “black foraged wheels” if that would make a difference in allocation.
Your options only matter if that item is on constraint (which your dealer should know about), then it can hold up your order. I would let your dealer know to call you if something is on constraint so you can change it if they get an allocation and your next in line. I submit my order with all my "must have items" and I figured any other options that were not mandatory, could always be added aftermarket. I didn't want my order getting hung-up over floor mats for example or something insignificant.
MattZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 11:29 AM   #19
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattZ View Post
Your options only matter if that item is on constraint (which your dealer should know about), then it can hold up your order. I would let your dealer know to call you if something is on constraint so you can change it if they get an allocation and your next in line. I submit my order with all my "must have items" and I figured any other options that were not mandatory, could always be added aftermarket. I didn't want my order getting hung-up over floor mats for example or something insignificant.
Same here, I didn’t know how the process worked. Between you and GearHeadSS I have a better understanding!
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 12:51 PM   #20
Annihilate

Sooo, earlier today the original dealership (Which I thought blew me off) called and claimed to have an allocation waiting for me. I am going in this afternoon to properly put in the order with this alleged allocation.

Wish me luck! And may the VTF option be available to me.

Old 07-27-2023, 01:30 PM   #21
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilate View Post
Sooo, earlier today the original dealership (Which I thought blew me off) called and claimed to have an allocation waiting for me. I am going in this afternoon to properly put in the order with this alleged allocation.

Wish me luck! And may the VTF option be available to me.
Good luck, dude!
Old 07-28-2023, 06:42 AM   #22
Annihilate

So as far as I could tell, the ground effects option simply isn't available for any model right now. It appears to be on the standard packages that would normally include it such as the 1LE and the ZL1, and even the CE, however at this time, the option for any ground effects for any other trim are simply not available.

My dealer DID have an allocation, however it was for a ZL1, and is simply out of my budget (Probably). He claims someone may be willing to trade their 2ss allocation for a ZL1 allocation, and I will know more about this on Tuesday.

The temptation to just jump on the ZL1 is a bit strong...

Old 08-01-2023, 10:46 AM   #23
Annihilate

All is well in the D.
My dealer just called and said we got the allocation for my 2SS, the Black Fuel Door is on constraint, had to remove that, but the order has been accepted by GM.

I can't believe it's actually happening.

Very excited.

Old 08-03-2023, 06:35 PM   #24
65ffr

Drives: '18 ram 1500
Make sure to get an OUT THE DOOR price in writing before ordering or you'll get a nasty surprise when the car gets in.

1100 10/28/22
2000 12/6/22
3400 12/17/22
TPW 1/9/23
delivered 2/7/23
65ffr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 07:21 PM   #25
GenericID10T

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS/2020 RAM 1500 Rebel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilate View Post
All is well in the D.
My dealer just called and said we got the allocation for my 2SS, the Black Fuel Door is on constraint, had to remove that, but the order has been accepted by GM.

I can't believe it's actually happening.

Very excited.
Congrats!

The fuel door is easy to put on - old one slides off and the new one slides on. Can get them brand new on eBay for cheaper than through the dealer (got mine for $185 and had the dealer put it on quick at pickup while doing paperwork) or can use your GM reward points after you buy the car to get it for about half off.
GenericID10T is offline   Reply With Quote