Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #29
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
These turbos are fantastic cars. I've had V8 GTO's and Camaro's all my life. Been there done that. After the test drive there was no doubt I wanted the turbo. Absolutely love this car. It is SO light on its feet.
Ain't that the truth!

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:20 PM   #30
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
If you haven't seen it yet check out my intro thread... It has some great pics of my old man's '76! http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466119
CC, I just realized we have the exact same looking car down to the wheels. Can you post a link for those center caps? Those are sweet! I don't know why, but I thought you had the Nightfall Grey Metallic.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #31
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
CC, I just realized we have the exact same looking car down to the wheels. Can you post a link for those center caps? Those are sweet! I don't know why, but I thought you had the Nightfall Grey Metallic.
Thats funny, I can remember one of my first replys to you was saying that exact same thing
I bought them off ebay some time ago now... I'll try to find a link, I know one of the vendors here carries them...

*full disclosure* took me a sec to figure out what CC stood for
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #32
Corner carver

Yup, Phastek has 'em: https://www.phastekperformance.com/C...ter-caps-e.htm
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Old 03-15-2017, 07:33 PM   #33
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Quote:
Thats funny, I can remember one of my first replys to you was saying that exact same thing
I bought them off ebay some time ago now... I'll try to find a link, I know one of the vendors here carries them...

*full disclosure* took me a sec to figure out what CC stood for
Lol, that is funny. My memory fails me at times.
Why's that dude keep calling me CC?
Old 03-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #34
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Quote:
Nice!! Thank you sir!!
Old 03-15-2017, 07:35 PM   #35
Corner carver

Quote:
Nice!! Thank you sir!!
No prob!
Old 03-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #36
ChrisG33

Drives: 2.0t Camaro
Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement! The weight vs. Hp thing was a 'heavily' considered internal debate when ordering the car (ya, I was thinking about my build way back then)... And even though I died a little on the inside not getting the V8, I just couldn't 'check the box' that added all that weight to the nose of MY car.
At 650hp 200 pounds of weight difference is nothing driver and tires will make more of a difference than that weight. In a race of a 650hp 2.0 vs a 650 6.2 with the exact same suspension set up, the 6.2 will win because of the power curve.
ChrisG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:05 PM   #37
RobertSmith

Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe View Post
Hardly.

That motor running 30 pounds of boost as mentioned in a previous post wont last long between rebuilds.

Sure, 650hp is really damn impressive, but hardly puts V8s to shame. A 6.2 on 30 pounds of boost would be well over 1000whp, and would handle the power better.

I came from imports. I've had my share of 400whp 240sx's, and whatnot. I'll tell you first hand I'd take the 6.2L 450hp LT1 over those any day of the week. The power is much more usable, and starting with 450hp stock is a lot easier than starting with a less powerful 4 cylinder engine. Not to mention you can spool bigger turbos with the larger displacement engine.
There's plenty of Evo X's running 30 psi. Maybe not at that power level, but a typical tuned DD Evo X is 26-28 lbs of boost. The stock Evo X crank is proven over 1000 HP.
RobertSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:09 AM   #38
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmith View Post
There's plenty of Evo X's running 30 psi. Maybe not at that power level, but a typical tuned DD Evo X is 26-28 lbs of boost. The stock Evo X crank is proven over 1000 HP.
Bro, just save yourself the keystrokes. Most of the neanderthal knuckle dragging mouth breathers are always just gonna say 'muh v8 is better, and anything else is a ticking time bomb'. I've found it's best on these F-body specific forums to just smile and nod.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:06 AM   #39
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Bro, just save yourself the keystrokes. Most of the neanderthal knuckle dragging mouth breathers are always just gonna say 'muh v8 is better, and anything else is a ticking time bomb'. I've found it's best on these F-body specific forums to just smile and nod.
Word! 200lbs is 200lbs... Doesn't matter what driver or tires... That doesn't change...
Old 03-16-2017, 05:35 AM   #40
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG33 View Post
At 650hp 200 pounds of weight difference is nothing driver and tires will make more of a difference than that weight. In a race of a 650hp 2.0 vs a 650 6.2 with the exact same suspension set up, the 6.2 will win because of the power curve.
To be honest I'm more interested in how a lightened 1LT would do against a 3900+lbs ZL1...
This is the 'secret' goal of my DANCING DRAGON build (to match ZL1 speed everywhere)
Should be a 900+lbs delta between the 2 cars... Is that enough to over come the A10 and eLSD? Given both cars with the same MAX hp and similar tires and suspension setup?
I hope my build gets to the point where everyone here can find out for certain.

Also, leaving the line with a 2 step at 4000+rpm is going to take away most of the advantage the 6.2 would have in the low rpm band...both cars would be leaving the line deep into the fat part of respective torque bands.
All therory and here say on my part though, as I have not raced either of these cars stock or otherwise
This is a great conversation ChrisG33!

Last edited by Corner carver; 03-16-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 AM   #41
ChrisG33

Quote:
Word! 200lbs is 200lbs... Doesn't matter what driver or tires... That doesn't change...
My point was, the proper tire and a good driver will do more for you than weighing 200lbs less. 200lbs are 200lbs but at 650hp will most likely be unnoticeable.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #42
ChrisG33

Chicagotommy how is a v8 not better? except for worst mpgs.