Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-24-2020, 10:14 PM   #15
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I've replaced the HMI ...no change.

I've replaced the USB cable because some people said their dealer did that to fix their issue. No change.

I took the display apart and removed and re-seated the flex cables that connect the circuit board to the display. No change

The next step is getting a used display from a 2017 and seeing if any video shows up (even if it's just to tell me that the vin doesn't match) etc..

Have I mentioned how much i hate proprietary electronics? absolute garbage anti-owner BS.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:41 PM   #16
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Purchased a salvaged display from a 2017. Screen works now. 300 bucks (you might be able to find it for around 250). Official parts stores online (they're all just dealer service depts) wont sell you a new one.

FYI. You do not need to program the display unit. It does not appear to be vin encoded.

You do need to pay attention to the model year part you are getting as the rear connectors changed in 2018 it looks like, so 2016/2017 are inter-compatible but you can't use the parts from newer ones.

Now i just have to figure out wtf is up with this gen5diy hmi i purchased. Doesn't seem to be programmed with Android auto. thousand bucks for a crippled hmi that's less functional than the stock one ...hmi nav support is not worth not having AA.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:07 AM   #17
Cechk01

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Purchased a salvaged display from a 2017. Screen works now. 300 bucks (you might be able to find it for around 250). Official parts stores online (they're all just dealer service depts) wont sell you a new one.

FYI. You do not need to program the display unit. It does not appear to be vin encoded.

You do need to pay attention to the model year part you are getting as the rear connectors changed in 2018 it looks like, so 2016/2017 are inter-compatible but you can't use the parts from newer ones.

Now i just have to figure out wtf is up with this gen5diy hmi i purchased. Doesn't seem to be programmed with Android auto. thousand bucks for a crippled hmi that's less functional than the stock one ...hmi nav support is not worth not having AA.
Awesome, glad you got it working. Thanks for following up!
Cechk01 is offline   Reply With Quote