Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-02-2016, 04:28 PM   #1
guyjusthere

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
2016 2SS jumping speedo "reduce clutch use"

My speedometer is jumping all over the place, and when i gas it I get an error (while in 6th gear on highway).

"reduced performance, reduce clutch use"

This only seems to happen after being on the highway for 20 min. I didn't want to take it in bc i just removed rear cat... But meh

2016 camaro 2ss
guyjusthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #2
Wiskey

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
By chance are you accidentally pushing the clutch as you drive?

Probably not,.. My only other thought is that the speedo sensor is reading wrong and the speed is jumping all over the place without the engine changing speed and the computer mistakes this as you riding the clutch.

Is it possible that the wire to the speed sensor got damaged during the cat removal?

Anyway,.. My best advice is to inspect well around where the work was done, if nothing was damaged take it in.

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:19 AM   #3
guyjusthere

Thanks. This was happening before cat delete. I am not on the clutch.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:30 PM   #4
guyjusthere

Can anyone help. My dealer is clueless. This is scary.

I have a leaking front tire that they don't fix. My windshield is always fogged up, and my damn speedo keeps jumping all over the place after I drive for 20 minutes. Dammit I feel angry about all this.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:44 PM   #5
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
What's the name of your "clueless dealer here in Miami"?
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:48 PM   #6
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
So sorry mate this is horrible. I hope they take care of you. Def don't try to fix it yourself use the warranty.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #7
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
Does your speedo jumping include any hesitation or stuttering? I had a very noticeable hesitation especially when in 6th. Turned out to be an imbalanced flywheel.
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:06 PM   #8
guyjusthere

No, This seems to be electrical. When the clutch erro come up it cuts engine power until i release accelerator. Kind of scary.

I take my car to Miami lakes Automall. I bought it at miami automall. Service guys are cool but the overall service has never been so great.
If they don't replace the tire and pay for my rental (which they don't seem to want to) I will not be back there again. Just frustrating because I love this car!
Old 08-18-2016, 07:15 AM   #9
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
It seems like the biggest problem with non-luxury brand car ownership is that the dealerships as a whole are garbage, regardless of brand. It seems like for every Becky @ Rodgers, there's 100 idiots like your dealer that will take a car that was towed to the dealer, not look at it, then give it back to you stating that the problem is operating as designed.

I've experienced similar types of service at Chevy, Kia and Toyota dealerships near me. Just last week my wife's car was at the dealer, and the service advisor came to us and said they could not replicate the problem. The issue here is that we were sitting next to a window, and we know for a fact that nobody touched the car from where we parked it when we showed up. It took 2 weeks to get an appointment, then they lied to us about looking at it, then it finally went back 2.5 hours after her appointment time, just to come back 5 minutes later saying they couldn't replicate the problem, despite us having a 100% success rate recreating the issue. We then asked to have a tech come out so we could recreate the problem for him, but our request was denied. We showed the service advisor, who said that he agreed that it wasn't normal, but a tech still wouldn't come look at it. They knew better than to send us a survey lol.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:14 AM   #10
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I might hazard a guess that the reduce performance/reduce clutch use might have something to do with trying to accelerate in 6th gear. 6th gear is a very low ratio overdrive gear, and attempting any aggressive acceleration from this gear can cause the engine to "lug", which is not good for the engine's rotating assembly. This may be a software program designed to help owners protect the engine. Next time your on the highway, try downshifting to 5th then accelerate and see if you get the same result. If you have not tried this already.

As far as the jumping needle, does it do this only under this circumstance, or does it do it randomly at any speed, any gear, any acceleration?

If it's only under this circumstance, it could be a glitch in the software where the ECU is confused as to what is happening, again as 6th gear is a cruising gear, not designed for quick acceleration.

These are just a few thoughts from a guy that has driven a couple of 6 spd's over the last decade. I don't own a Gen 6 yet, so take it for what it's worth. Remember also, you are not tied to the dealership you bought the car from, and a dealer with a good service dept. will not care in the slightest if you didn't buy the car there. Look for a service dept. you feel confident about.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #11
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Get your car to another dealer ASAP. This is a huge issue and needs to be fixed. It has nothing to do with what the guy above me said. You have a bad dealership if they are clueless but won't contact gm engineering for help on the issue. And runflats can definitely be repaired provided your leak isn't from a nail in the sidewall
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #12
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Ya that is a hazard for sure if it makes you cut out on the pedal, plus not knowing how fast you are really going.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #13
guyjusthere

Yep. I haven't seen it again, but I know this isn't fixed. I need to drive for 30 min before this starts. I haven't had a long drive yet. . It's just such a hassle. The dealer made me pay for my rental. I'm so tired of this.

Any Chevy dealers in miami that aren't terrible? I will drive anywhere. And I'm not saying the ppl are bad. They are nice. But the dealer as a whole is cheap and not as concerned about satisfaction.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:31 PM   #14
vince3

Drives: Hyper Blue 16' M6 1ss
Did this issue fix its self? I just had the same message.
vince3 is offline   Reply With Quote