Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 02-17-2020, 11:54 PM   #1
CamaroGen6

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Anyone have the TSB for the 1st to 2nd gear transmission slip / lag issue?

I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow (2/18) to have my v6 A8 checked out, AGAIN, due to the transmission slipping or jerking from first to second gear every single day!

I let the car warm up for 10 minutes before I start driving every day. But as I'm pulling out of the driveway or as I resume from a stop sign or stop light the car will act as if it's in neutral for a good second when switching from first to second. This causes rpm to slightly rev and then once it catches second gear it jerks the car causing a very unsmooth transition. My girlfriend often complains about it as I can see her being leaned forward and then back to her seat by the momentum of the car. This only happens under light acceleration and it's not just the first few corners. I drop my girlfriend off at work almost every day, which is a 20 mile drive and 30 minutes on the road. After I drop her off and I'm on my way back I pass through two stop signs and it never fails - it does it here again.

It can get cold in Texas, but recently it's been in the 50s and it still does it. I know transmission fluid needs to warm up for it to run the most efficient but that doesn't explain why it would continue to do it after running for over 30 minutes.

Someone here posted the TSB for this issue but I can't find it. If anyone has it can you share it here? Thanks.

The first time I took it to the shop (about 3 weeks ago) the rep told me that there was a code for a valve on the transmission that reads it's temperature, but no check engine light. They replaced the valve but I haven't noticed an improvement. Hopefully this time around they do something else.

Last year I had the notorious shuttle problem and they performed a flush and that same year the timing chain got replaced and a few other CELs and power train work so the dealership knows me by my first name now. Which is unfortunate because this is otherwise an excellent car.

Tags
1st to 2nd, jerk, slip, transmission, tsb