Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-22-2018, 12:03 PM   #15
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachWP View Post
Hey guys, new here so first thank you for all the great info! I just got a 2017 Camaro 1 LT i4 with the RS package and was wondering how those run-flats work in the snow.
THey work just fine if you are responsible

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:02 PM   #16
rorymick

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 1LT 2.0L Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
THey work just fine if you are responsible

But it would be a better idea to get winter tires if your temps are at or below 32f /0c and you get a lot of snow.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:40 AM   #17
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorymick View Post
But it would be a better idea to get winter tires if your temps are at or below 32f /0c and you get a lot of snow.
Absolutely, get new tires if you can budget. Snow tires are usually expensive. Just saying that the all-seasons are fine if you do not want snow tires. I did not want to spend money on snow tires for the 10 days out of the year when there is snow on the ground.

Now the folks with the summer performance tires (as such on the SS) DO NOT drive in the snow. I have read some crashy stories on here.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #18
Papa Smurf
Cobalt SS Owner to Camaro

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2.0L Turbo
First time New Camaro Fam member for 2 months now and I got say that this automobile blew my expectations higher then I expected in handling when it comes to snow as a rwd vehicle. Delaware got hit with a really bad thick snow and slush Nor' Eastern storm last week and truthfully that camaro of mine did better in snow, in my honest opinion then my fwd Chevy cobalt ss supercharged has ever would had. With traction control on and snow/ice mode engaged, that vehicle ran pretty confident through icy back roads and snow covered highways. And arrived safe and sound home in my warm toasty camaro.

Last edited by Papa Smurf; 03-12-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #19
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
First time New Camaro Fam member for 2 months now and I got say that this automobile blew my expectations higher then I expected in handling when it comes to snow as a rwd vehicle. Delaware got hit with a really bad thick snow and slush Nor' Eastern storm last week and truthfully that camaro of mine did better in snow, in my honest opinion then my fwd Chevy cobalt ss supercharged has ever would had. With traction control on and snow/ice mode engaged, that vehicle ran pretty confident through icy back roads and snow covered highways. And arrived safe and sound home in my warm toasty camaro.
Yes indeed. She handles like a champ.