Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-14-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
RynoSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Trunk Swap My Hyper Blue 1LE For Your SS/ZL1

So, I posted this in the market place section but thought it might get some additional views here as well.

I just recently bought a brand new 2018 SS 1LE and to be honest my least favorite part is the blade spoiler. So, I'm looking for anyone who would be interested in swapping trunks with me. I'd really prefer a ZL1, but I will swap for an SS. Only requirements are that your car is Hyper Blue and your paint is in near perfect condition (no scratches, chips, paint swirls), because as I stated my car is brand new.

I'd prefer no more than 100-150 mile drive radius from Little Rock, Arkansas. If anyone is interested, please call or text me at (501) 229-3729.

Last edited by RynoSS; 10-14-2018 at 06:29 PM.
RynoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I'm super tempted to do this, I really don't like the stock SS spoiler and have been racking my brain on what to do about it. I live I Memphis TN so we are pretty close.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
RynoSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
I'm super tempted to do this, I really don't like the stock SS spoiler and have been racking my brain on what to do about it. I live I Memphis TN so we are pretty close.
Yeah, just let me know if you're interested. My number is above so call or text me anytime. I'm available every weekend to meet up. So, just let me know.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:06 PM   #4
Umbriel

Ok let me think about it tonight and I'll let you know something tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm interested though because I like the black blade spoiler better than the stock one. I'll contact you tomorrow morning sometime.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
RynoSS

Quote:
Ok let me think about it tonight and I'll let you know something tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm interested though because I like the black blade spoiler better than the stock one. I'll contact you tomorrow morning sometime.
Sounds good. I'll talk with you then. Thanks.
By the way, just curious, do you have a black bowtie on your trunk or the gold one? Mine is black but it's not a deal breaker if yours is gold. I can buy a new black one.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
Umbriel

It's gold. I was planning on doing the black bow ties in the front and back but just haven't gotten around to it yet because I just bought Rotofab, headers and E85 kit.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #7
RynoSS

Quote:
It's gold. I was planning on doing the black bow ties in the front and back but just haven't gotten around to it yet because I just bought Rotofab, headers and E85 kit.
Not a big deal. I can buy a new black one. But, as I mentioned above, the paint finish on your trunk is in excellent condition? No scratches or swirl marks?
Old 10-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #8
Umbriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoSS View Post
Not a big deal. I can buy a new black one. But, as I mentioned above, the paint finish on your trunk is in excellent condition? No scratches or swirl marks?
Non that I'm aware of, I'll give it a good look over tomorrow and see if I see anything out of the ordinary. If we decide to try and do the swap and you see it in person and don't like something you are more than welcome to not feel obligated.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #9
Umbriel

I looked over my trunk lid and didn't see anything that would keep me from me from swapping if the roles were reversed but you might be more picky than me. I am kind of up in the air about it as I like both spoilers for different reasons. If we do the swap I would want to do a wicker bill to make it look good.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:45 AM   #10
RynoSS

Quote:
I looked over my trunk lid and didn't see anything that would keep me from me from swapping if the roles were reversed but you might be more picky than me. I am kind of up in the air about it as I like both spoilers for different reasons. If we do the swap I would want to do a wicker bill to make it look good.
It's not so much that I'm being picky as much as it is that my car is literally two weeks old. I see that your car is a '16, so I'm not expecting absolute perfection, just don't want anything that can't be fixed by a simple polishing compound. No dents, scratches or heavy paint swirls, and I'm fine with swapping with you.

So, yeah, if you want to do it, just let me know.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #11
Umbriel

Quote:
It's not so much that I'm being picky as much as it is that my car is literally two weeks old. I see that your car is a '16, so I'm not expecting absolute perfection, just don't want anything that can't be fixed by a simple polishing compound. No dents, scratches or heavy paint swirls, and I'm fine with swapping with you.

So, yeah, if you want to do it, just let me know.
Yeah I think it looks fine but I know some people are super picky with things. I am probably going to swap with you I am just giving it a little more time to bounce around in my head, like I said I like both spoilers for different reasons.

How does the part of the spoiler that is attached to the rear quarter panels attach? I am assuming probably two sided tape and just stuck on?
Old 10-15-2018, 11:01 AM   #12
RynoSS

Quote:
Yeah I think it looks fine but I know some people are super picky with things. I am probably going to swap with you I am just giving it a little more time to bounce around in my head, like I said I like both spoilers for different reasons.

How does the part of the spoiler that is attached to the rear quarter panels attach? I am assuming probably two sided tape and just stuck on?
Yeah, it's just double-sided tape to hold on the two end caps.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #13
Umbriel

Quote:
Yeah, it's just double-sided tape to hold on the two end caps.
That is what I figured, guess I would need to buy some before we met up if we do the swap.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #14
custommx3

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2023 3LT RS, 2011 2LT RS
I have a blue one and am also in Memphis. Ive been looking to do a wicker bill swap and this may be the way to go. Is it black?
custommx3 is offline   Reply With Quote