Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #29
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacerX View Post
Some are people who just want attention. Others, just nutballs who come in off the street ...

Did you switch trannies from the ZL1 to GT? (manual to auto or vice-versa).

10 speed (awesome) to 6 speed. My SS was a 6 speed as well. Really was a nice tranny in my opinion.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #30
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
I should say the only reason I posted this was to see which anti-bowtie Mustang owner would call me out on the other site. Was really not looking for any attention.

I just could not believe, as a current Mustang owner, how much crap I would read and then personally be attacked on when I pointed out anything positive about my Camaro experience. Troll was the constant accusation. How are you a troll if you own the fricken car?

I also will say I am on Car-gurus everyday looking for an '18 ZL1 with low miles or a Corvette GS or Z06. Fortunately I made out exceptionally well on the Mustang purchase so when it goes bye-bye it won't hurt.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #31

Drives: 15 1SS 1LE
Did you get the performance pack 2 at least? Did it come with rear brambo breaks?
Old 10-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #32
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
I had a couple mustangs and liked all of them. Sold my 2006 GT to get a 2010 2SS. For some reason we never hit it off. I ended up getting out of muscle cars moving to a 2013 Fusion which was a really bad move. Lost complete interest in driving mostly because it felt like I was driving someone else's rental car.

Flipped the Fusion over to the 2016 2SS and have been very happy. It's had a couple of the "first year" issues but I really like it now as much or maybe even more that when I first bought it.

The main reason I didn't buy the mustang was because they wouldn't sell me the car I wanted. I wanted the GT with an auto (as I drive the car to work year round in rush hour traffic) and the performance package. I was told that was not an option with an auto. Comparing the 2SS with Mag Ride, NPP, 20" wheels and a sunroof to the mustang GT offering was a joke. There was so much more to offer from the Camaro at the time that I closed the deal that day.

I will say that I did like the mustang and would look at one again when the time comes to make a switch. That's the great part about competition, the cars keep getting better.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #33
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
Yep. And to tell the truth the ZL1 was going to end me up in prison. I had no self control and found myself in triple digits daily. And I sure miss it.....
i can understand that,its why im driving my RS instead of the low mileage vette i tried out first.that and i can haul grandkids if i need to.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #34
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I went from my 3rd mustang (traded my 12' stage 3, Phase 3 Roush) to my Current 18' SS 1LE. I am a car guy 1st and not really loyal to any particular brand, I have just like the way Mustangs looked better until the 2015 update. (At least until the 2019 Camaro came out, what a monstrosity that thing is). I was getting the new car itch and wanted to try something new this time. I Drove a Scat Pack Challenger and my 1LE, and decided on the 1LE. It has felt weird driving a Camaro after 3 Mustangs, but the 1LE handles way better than my Roush did, and it has some nicer updated feature that my Mustang didn't. Roush was 675 Horses which isn't really ever practical on the street, but I do miss the ludicrous acceleration. OP, If you haven't, I would look at SVT Performance forums for more mature, open minded people. That forum although mustang oriented, has guys with a wide variety of cars and there really isn't any judgement against any particular car brand. I was actually just reading a pretty lengthy ZL1 thread over on that site.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #35
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Must be one helluva car payment w all that depreciation.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #36
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Must be one helluva car payment w all that depreciation.
Only if you're the irresponsible type to finance the whole amount and never put any money down. Like the people who brag about their high roller ZL1 they have financed for 8 years....
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #37
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
Yep. And to tell the truth the ZL1 was going to end me up in prison. I had no self control and found myself in triple digits daily. And I sure miss it.....
Nice try, but not buying that as your reason. I know for a fact that a Mustang GT will do triple digits and has more then enough ability (probably more, lol) to put you in prison or in the ground. You went to a car with slightly less power, but also doesnt handle the power it has as well as the ZL1. Ever watch the internet? A mustang will loose it if you look at it wrong. It really doesnt matter. It just makes no sense outside of being about money.

Your ZL1 was awesome looking. If you have no selfcontrol it doesnt matter what you are driving.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #38
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Flame away at me for this but I like both cars. If it’s a V8, rear wheel drive, 2 door sports car with a manual transmission frankly I like it no matter who makes it.

Ford doesn’t offer a sunroof on the Mustang. That’s the deal killer for me.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #39
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
I went from a Mustang to Camaro.. and I would maybe go back, or have both if I could..

but it's funny, both forums say the same kinda bullshit. Everyone over there hates on the Camaro, says the interior sucks, blah blah.. and everyone over here says Mustangs suck, interior sucks, blah blah.
And the truth is, they're both good.

OP, I can't believe you change cars like you change underwear. Why the Mustang this time?
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #40
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Only if you're the irresponsible type to finance the whole amount and never put any money down. Like the people who brag about their high roller ZL1 they have financed for 8 years....

Depreciation is depreciation.. regardless of finance or cash.. DUH. simple math.

Car 1 .. walk out door.. 20% gone.. where its your money or money you owe to the banks.

Rinse repeat.

If you have money to throw away.. go for it. economy thank you and so do guys that pick up these like new cars for 10-20% below new car price on like new cars.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #41
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Nice try, but not buying that as your reason. I know for a fact that a Mustang GT will do triple digits and has more then enough ability (probably more, lol) to put you in prison or Cars & Coffee attendees in the ground. You went to a car with slightly less power, but also doesnt handle the power it has as well as the ZL1. Ever watch the internet? A mustang will loose it if you look at it wrong. It really doesnt matter. It just makes no sense outside of being about money.

Your ZL1 was awesome looking. If you have no selfcontrol it doesnt matter what you are driving.
There, I fixed it for you.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #42
verdicaysen

Drives: 18' 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
There, I fixed it for you.

SIDEBAR:

To be honest it doesn't matter who it is behind the wheel or what car. Once you have made the conscious decision to run the red line as you shift you've made the choice to accept death as a possibility. Plain and simple. Anyone who denies that is just full of crap. It was the same when I was doing bikes on the track. Once you got on a Ninja or a FZR or GSX-R you were signing your possible death certificate. We all knew it, we did it anyways. It was the flirtation with danger that ran the adrenaline in the first place. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that regardless of the engine size that I don't know that i'm the master of my own destiny when I hit the pedal or throw the shifter.

Pure accidents DO happen. But you're the one controlling the variables most of the time. Take it easy on the folks who roll together and look out for one another.

/ENDSIDEBAR

I think having a Mustang or a Camaro or both is great in general, I wish I had the means to take my pick of the litters.
verdicaysen is offline   Reply With Quote