Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2018, 05:51 AM   #15
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
We have just as many morons on this forum as you do on the mustang forum. Our morons are just faster....

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #16
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
The morons on this site seem to drink way too many energy drinks and get downright angry if something changes.
The morons on the other site were more subtle, but the message was the same.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #17
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeJATT View Post
I’m shocked you traded the ZL1 for GT .. but hey it’s your money your choice. Wish you the best ..

Zack- you can see from his previous post he indeed did buy a 2016 camaro in April / 2016 than traded in for ZL1 lol .. looks like he went from C6 GS Vette to Mustang GT, to SS , to ZL1 to GT

Yep. And to tell the truth the ZL1 was going to end me up in prison. I had no self control and found myself in triple digits daily. And I sure miss it.....
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:30 AM   #18
activepat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Sorry OP......But, I don't believe any of this...

Why would I make this up?
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2018, 06:54 AM   #19
speedup

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible
I have been looking to trade my Camaro for a nice used 2018+ Mustang GT convertible.

My tranny shutter is coming back - I do not have a lot of confidence a new TC would even be a long term fix. Throw the rattles and squeeks in, and I'm over it.

2017 2SS, Hyper Blue, 8sp, NPP, MRC
speedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:14 AM   #20
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
You have to have some serious negative equity or just a ton of throw away cash to do what you did. And you traded in a new 60K+ ZL1 for a 18 Mustang? Wow.
Not everyone needs to finance a full car loan or any of it.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:30 AM   #21
verdicaysen

Drives: 18' 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
All I can say is I wish you the best. If you have a lifestyle that affords you that, more power to you. No anger here. I wish you all the best.
verdicaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #22
Camaro 79

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I had a similar history as well.

My first car purchase was a 2010 Mustang GT 6 speed with the 3.73 gears. I learned how to drive stick on this car and loved it! I installed a new exhaust and steering wheel, I absolutely loved this car.

I then got a 2015 Camaro SS/RS. Interior this car was night and day, but I just didn't ENJOY driving it. I only had it for a year and a half before I got my next car.

2016 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack. Loved the exterior and I really enjoyed driving it. It felt like an upgrade in every way over the camaro except for the interior (I had the base model).

Now I have a 2018 Camaro SS, 6 speed manual, MRC, 1LE suspension and Active Exhaust. This car is better in every way, inside and out, then the 2016. I'm thrilled with it and it is by far the favorite car I've owned! I'm not even sure what to do with it besides tints and maybe a roof wrap. I'd like the exhaust to be a little louder, but it doesn't seem like there are as many options as I'm used to.

My only gripe, is I'm a bit worried about the reliability based on all of these issues I read about.

Past -
2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack
2015 Camaro SS
2010 Ford Mustang GT
Camaro 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #23
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedup View Post
I have been looking to trade my Camaro for a nice used 2018+ Mustang GT convertible.

My tranny shutter is coming back - I do not have a lot of confidence a new TC would even be a long term fix. Throw the rattles and squeeks in, and I'm over it.
Hey, I'm on this forum and the Mustang S550 forum too. I went from a 2011 Camaro SS to a 2017 Camaro RS to a 2018 Mustang GT. My 2011 was used with dents and I had strut issues so I upgraded to a Gen 6 Camaro and went with the V6 for the gas mileage and 87 octane fuel. I bought a top of the line RS with every option, including factory installed 20" Adventus custom staggered wheels. The car was awesome but the transmission shuddering with the A8 was so bad, I just had enough of it and the hassle and was not confident that it would ever be fixed. I hate automatics in general and it was my first automatic in a car. And my C4 Corvette died at the same time so I traded both in for my 2018 Mustang GT.

I tired to buy another Camaro- wanted so bad to get a manual 6 speed but test driving two of them, the alignments were off, shaking steering wheel. I never wanted a Mustang and test drove an 18 just to rule it out but it drove so well, tracked so well, shifted so well, no alignment issues- and the visibility so much better, I bought one. Mine is base, bare bones, no options, no PP1, PP2, no Premium package, so I will never take it to the track but it is a great driver. I lost my shirt, socks and shoes trading it in for the base Mustang.

Both cars are great- the Camaro handles better and to me looks better from the outside- it has such stellar looks- and the low end in the SS is a lot more as already mentioned. But from the inside and driving feel, I like the Mustang better. But most important the Mustang does what it supposed to do- no trans shuddering, no alignment issue, it drives so good, tracks so good, fun to drive and runs on 87 octane (which is a big deal to me) and I average almost 25 MPG- very close to my Camaro RS V6. But I love and respect both cars, regardless.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #24
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Camaro does not have trunk opening.. just suggestion of one

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #25
MaskedRacerX

Drives: Now: GT/PP Vert, Future: ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
Why would I make this up?
Some are people who just want attention. Others, just nutballs who come in off the street ...

Did you switch trannies from the ZL1 to GT? (manual to auto or vice-versa).
MaskedRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #26
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
You traded a ZL1 for a Mustang GT? I find that hard to believe. If you really did, then why?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #27
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacerX View Post
Some are people who just want attention. Others, just nutballs who come in off the street ...
There is no Dana, only Zuul.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #28
activepat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
You traded a ZL1 for a Mustang GT? I find that hard to believe. If you really did, then why?

See post #17. But I have to say prison is looking better and better to me.