#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #15
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Hits right about 60 mph when it happens.
Seems higher when it happens on mine.. but it is terrible. I rode in one at Sebring before buying mine and I really noticed it from the passenger side (less focused on driving I suppose). The car was also missing it's back seat so that could have made it worse.

It's one of the things that worried me about the car because of how incredibly annoying it was when riding in that car.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:45 PM   #16
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Seems higher when it happens on mine.. but it is terrible. I rode in one at Sebring before buying mine and I really noticed it from the passenger side (less focused on driving I suppose). The car was also missing it's back seat so that could have made it worse.

It's one of the things that worried me about the car because of how incredibly annoying it was when riding in that car.
Just cracking the passenger side window an inch or so and the buffeting is gone.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:21 PM   #17
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
Always take out the driver's floor mat when on track and anything else that could come rolling underfoot.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:32 AM   #18
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Uncle Sam: tracked for 20 years and never taken out the driverside floormat...all my cars have had positive retention systems (as the Camaro). Only lower speed autocrosses seem to get in a tizzy about it. A bit odd at the requirements IMO.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:37 AM   #19
Tim M

Not real exciting, but...

https://youtu.be/sNhjwXBl4f0
Old 09-28-2018, 07:10 PM   #20
Tim M

Took it to the dealer today and after verifying the misfires by pulling the codes on the computer - random, high rpm, all cylinders...they deduced it was bad gas.

They wouldn't change any parts...

So I'm in doubt I have a healthy car...only way to verify is to track it again. The fun of discrepancies...a bit of time and money is consumed even with warranty work.

My car has a GM Performance Intake and I wonder if that contributes...the driveability is not as smooth as I would expect from a new car - rather jerky at low rpm.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:14 PM   #21
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Uncle Sam: tracked for 20 years and never taken out the driverside floormat...all my cars have had positive retention systems (as the Camaro). Only lower speed autocrosses seem to get in a tizzy about it. A bit odd at the requirements IMO.
I think that the concern is if the mat came forward and hung up the pedals somehow. Yeah, I admit it would be rare. My Lotuses had mats that were literally bolted to the floor (factory) to prevent a forward sliding mat, that was positive retention. I am going to say the snaps in the Camaro, not so much.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:20 PM   #22
Tango1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Tim.. Bad Gas?! Not sure about that one, but here's hoping its so... you can run it out and put some good stuff in there.. Let us know how it works out.

BTW, it was great meeting you down at PBIR. Hopefully we will see eachother again at Sebring!

TC
'89 RS 'vert
Tango1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:24 PM   #23
Tim M

Makes for an expensive track day with the 6 hour round trip and $150 entry fee only to abort halfway thru.

You are right...will have to do another one to confirm...

Nice seeing another example mixing it up!

Audi is having a session at Daytona...a grand track...with a grand price ($600!).
Old 10-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #24
Tango1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Makes for an expensive track day with the 6 hour round trip and $150 entry fee only to abort halfway thru.

You are right...will have to do another one to confirm...

Nice seeing another example mixing it up!

Audi is having a session at Daytona...a grand track...with a grand price ($600!).
yeah, was thinking about it but will be TDY with work... I am doing Barber with PBOC weekend before Thanksgiving with my Corvette buds... I'll let you know how that goes! I'm the "token" Camaro!
'89 RS 'vert
Tango1LE is offline   Reply With Quote