Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
ZL1 1LE Car Cover - Call out to So Cal members

I'm cross posting this over here in hopes to find someone in SoCal that my be interested in helping with this.

I have been a longtime fan of Coverking car covers. In particular, the indoor satin stretch covers. I have them for other cars. I was disappointed to find out that while they have covers for the ZL1, they do not have availability for the 1LE option on their website. So I contacted them and they confirmed no availability.

They did offer up to make new patterns for this car if I could bring my car to them for 4-6 hours. I would do it in a heart beat if I was located near them. Their facility is located in Anaheim, CA.

If there are any members out there with a ZL1 1LE in So Cal and are interested in a car cover from these guys, they will make the patterns for us if we can get them a car to measure off of. I’d take one for the team and use my car but that’s an 1,100 mile round trip.

They said once they take the measurements from the car, the process would take about 4 to 6 weeks to develop the patterns and prep for production. Once that is done, then any of us should be able to quickly order any of their car cover offerings for this vehicle.

I did discover in the other post as suggested by other forum members that the GM factory satin stretch cover for the ZL1 without the 1LE package will apparently fit the ZL1/1LE. If I can't get one made specifically for the 1LE then I may go this route if I have to.

Thanks for any help.
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #2
Rnovrit

Drives: 2018 NFG ZL1-1LE
I understand you are interested in Coverking but have you checked out California CarCover? They have the template already. I have one for my ZL1-1LE and it fits perfectly. Just a suggestion.
Rnovrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #3
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnovrit View Post
I understand you are interested in Coverking but have you checked out California CarCover? They have the template already. I have one for my ZL1-1LE and it fits perfectly. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for this. I will definitely check them out.
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
SDMARO4482

Drives: 2017 NFG ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS View Post
I'm cross posting this over here in hopes to find someone in SoCal that my be interested in helping with this.

I have been a longtime fan of Coverking car covers. In particular, the indoor satin stretch covers. I have them for other cars. I was disappointed to find out that while they have covers for the ZL1, they do not have availability for the 1LE option on their website. So I contacted them and they confirmed no availability.

They did offer up to make new patterns for this car if I could bring my car to them for 4-6 hours. I would do it in a heart beat if I was located near them. Their facility is located in Anaheim, CA.

If there are any members out there with a ZL1 1LE in So Cal and are interested in a car cover from these guys, they will make the patterns for us if we can get them a car to measure off of. I’d take one for the team and use my car but that’s an 1,100 mile round trip.

They said once they take the measurements from the car, the process would take about 4 to 6 weeks to develop the patterns and prep for production. Once that is done, then any of us should be able to quickly order any of their car cover offerings for this vehicle.

I did discover in the other post as suggested by other forum members that the GM factory satin stretch cover for the ZL1 without the 1LE package will apparently fit the ZL1/1LE. If I can't get one made specifically for the 1LE then I may go this route if I have to.

Thanks for any help.
Dated post but the coverking cover (stretched satin) for the Zl1 fits the 1LE very well!! I'll try to update this with a pic later.
SDMARO4482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #5
Nrfd79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
The standard ZL1 fits the the ZLE almost perfectly. I will try to take pics of mine and post.
Nrfd79 is offline   Reply With Quote