Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
Wyattjrh

Drives: 17 2SS 6Spd
"Click" halfway through clutch travel

Theres been few threads on this. I just bought the car 1 week ago, and ever since I've gotten it, it has clicked halfway up or down, car on or off, through the clutch travel. Im wondering if its part of "Break in"? or possibly something wrong with the vehicle. My dealer is miles and miles away and it is going to be a major hassle getting it there and going to pick it up when they're done "test driving" AKA beating the shit out of my car. From the few things ive read on this only certain people have experienced this. I've driven manuals before and it just kind of makes me paranoid a little because I've never experienced it before on any other vehicle. Im wanting to say its because of the twin disk clutch breaking in, but I really would like someone else who has experienced this to tell me whats going on. Thanks in advance. EDIT: Car has 1020 miles as of this post. Car is 17 2SS
Wyattjrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #2
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Now that you mention it, I can also hear a slight click when disengaging the clutch. Only hear that with the windows down. I’m assuming it’s normal.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:14 PM   #3
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
My car has recently developed this issue. Its not an audible "click" like clutch chatter, it's a physical sensation which occurs halfway through the pedal travel in both directions in the same place. @ 20k miles now, was never present before.

Im going to do a brake fluid swap this weekend, see if that fixes it. If not, maybe theres something off with the pedal assembly?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:37 AM   #4
ss_rob

Drives: SS
I have the same click feeling. 2017 model SS.
ss_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:13 AM   #5
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Clutch on the SS is smooth the entire length of clutch travel with no clicking or sensations at all but interestingly enough, my Saturn does this intermittently.

Sometimes, it is an audible click halfway through and sometimes, there is a popping feeling with no sound.

I think it has to do with the clutch assembly itself because it seems that if I move my foot position on the pedal (pressing on the left edge or right edge of the pedal), the clicking stops. Then, it goes away for a month no matter how I press the pedal. Again, this is on a Saturn but the description sounds exactly like what I've experienced.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:22 PM   #6
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Update, break fluid flush did not resolve issue. I think the pedal assembly needs greasing. Do 6th gens have a clutch pedal spring like the 5th gens did?
Old 06-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

CLICK HAS BEEN FIXED!

I used some white lithium grease to grease up all of the mechanical joints/pumps on the clutch side of the pedal assembly. Totally removed the click! Just be sure to massage the grease in thoroughly, and work the pedal a few times.

ALL IT NEEDED WAS SOME GREASE
Old 06-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #8
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Great to know! Thanks!!

Tags
clutch, clutch noise, noises, transmission