Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2019, 07:52 AM   #15
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
check these guys out. i've seen their LNF harnesses, and they are NICE.

http://swapspecialties.com/product/g...alone-harness/

if you get it running on a stock ECU, we can tune it for you. getting it to run with a factory ECU standalone ('outside of a car', able to run on a stand/floor/in a buggy etc) is going to be your best bet. you will have the advantage of many people at your disposal that are familiar with tuning the LTG, that can help, as opposed to paying somebody that has likely never tuned a DI 4 cylinder turbo to develop a tune from scratch for you. you will want to keep the VVT functioning, as there are MANY advantages to it, if tuned properly. you can vary the timing in the tune to help spool the turbo at very low RPM, then bring it back the other way to make optimum power up to redline.
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #16
Exportedafrican

Drives: 1964 Lotus 7 with an LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
check these guys out. i've seen their LNF harnesses, and they are NICE.

http://swapspecialties.com/product/g...alone-harness/

if you get it running on a stock ECU, we can tune it for you. getting it to run with a factory ECU standalone ('outside of a car', able to run on a stand/floor/in a buggy etc) is going to be your best bet. you will have the advantage of many people at your disposal that are familiar with tuning the LTG, that can help, as opposed to paying somebody that has likely never tuned a DI 4 cylinder turbo to develop a tune from scratch for you. you will want to keep the VVT functioning, as there are MANY advantages to it, if tuned properly. you can vary the timing in the tune to help spool the turbo at very low RPM, then bring it back the other way to make optimum power up to redline.
Those guys are thieves. I ordered from them and they lied and made excuses for months. If you look online their service and reputation is terrible!

Mitch is far better than them..and he answers his phone
Exportedafrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:13 PM   #17
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
I still say think about the GM kit.

Lets look at it. Wiring harness, $500. E39A w/manual trans $200(best choice for you by far) Credits for you mpvi2 just to hopefully get it to a running condition $200
If you can't figure out the start up tune on your own, good luck finding a tuner familiar enough, or willing. If you do, expect several more $$$'s. On top of that, your gonna need to pay for a remote E85 tune, $500+..

BTW, $500 for a harness is a steal. Those schematics would look like a HUGE book!

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:26 AM   #18
Exportedafrican

Drives: 1964 Lotus 7 with an LTG
I actually priced out the parts using the ltg crate motor paperwork

If you bought the harness and ecu its around $1200. The sensors etc can be bought cheaper elsewhere

I considered it for a moment..but went with swap timefor a few reasons
Exportedafrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:15 PM   #19
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exportedafrican View Post
Those guys are thieves. I ordered from them and they lied and made excuses for months. If you look online their service and reputation is terrible!

Mitch is far better than them..and he answers his phone
damn. never looked at their reviews or anything. that sucks :( the actual product that i have seen was very nice quality! sucks they dont know how to do business very well LOL
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:26 AM   #20
SomeoneWhoIsntMe

Drives: '13 ATS
Was the flywheel done by quartermaster in house? So I'd be able to order the same thing but in 7.25" from them? Also, it looks like a button flywheel over a stock auto flexplate, is that correct? Neat project.
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:10 AM   #21
NuclearOptions

Drives: Not a car but a pulling tractor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneWhoIsntMe View Post
Was the flywheel done by quartermaster in house? So I'd be able to order the same thing but in 7.25" from them? Also, it looks like a button flywheel over a stock auto flexplate, is that correct? Neat project.
It is a Quartermaster 5.5" SBC blank. they come with a 1" indexing hole in the center. I had a local machinist finish it to the LTG. Just make sure you measure the bolt pattern as they are not a symmetrical 8 pattern.

Yes i am mounting it over the factory auto flexplate. Factory LS crank bolts are perfect length for the combo.
NuclearOptions is offline   Reply With Quote