Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #1
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Cars.com gets their manual SS to a 12.3 @ 114.3...

Best non independent test of a manual so far that I know of. Funny thing is the 0-60 was the worst I have seen, and the other cars ran slow. This tells me there was even more potential...pretty sure that ties the best automatic non independent test as well, as Car and Driver got a 12.3 out of theirs.

It also beat out the Challenger R/T Scat Pack and Mustang GT Performance Pack handily...
Attached Images

SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #2
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
they also gave praises to the MT82 as the best transmission of the 3. like wut?

after driving 65,000 miles with that trans in my 14 5.0 with a MGW has to make me think how hard they were shifting them.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #3
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
they also gave praises to the MT82 as the best transmission of the 3. like wut?

after driving 65,000 miles with that trans in my 14 5.0 with a MGW has to make me think how hard they were shifting them.
Because the MT-82 has no miles on it lol...mine was okay for a few thousand miles, then half the syncros decided they didn't want to do their job anymore. Then....after Ford fixing it 5th gear went.....thennnnnnnnnnn after that it would whine so loud you couldn't hear yourself think...after 125 days out of service, on a 4 month old car Ford bought it back and got me into a automatic one...huge cluster.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
6spdhyperblue

exactly.
my 4th gen rebuilt with triple cone syncros i wouldnt have to lift my right foot EVER on a run.
when i first got the 5.0, i tried to powershift twice and decided to never try again...and was eating ham sandwiches between shifts since. gotta shift on the MT82 terms..and never had a problem with it...when selling the car that is what the person first checked, if the syncros were gone...lol
the camaro in sport or track is all jerky waiting for my slow ass shift...its looking for me to pick up the pace..i think these TR6060s come with triple cone syncros out of the box; im pumped to get back to driving like i once did.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
exactly.
my 4th gen rebuilt with triple cone syncros i wouldnt have to lift my right foot EVER on a run.
when i first got the 5.0, i tried to powershift twice and decided to never try again...and was eating ham sandwiches between shifts since. gotta shift on the MT82 terms..and never had a problem with it...when selling the car that is what the person first checked, if the syncros were gone...lol
the camaro in sport or track is all jerky waiting for my slow ass shift...its looking for me to pick up the pace..i think these TR6060s come with triple cone syncros out of the box; im pumped to get back to driving like i once did.
Have you had a chance to do any WOT redline 1-2 shifts? Not sure how many miles you have yet. Curious if there is any grind on that quick shift, or how the clutch pedal holds up after a few high rpm quick shifts.

Preparing myself if I'll need to do any fluid swaps, or upgraded clutch lines in this car too...
Old 03-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #6
6spdhyperblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Have you had a chance to do any WOT redline 1-2 shifts? Not sure how many miles you have yet. Curious if there is any grind on that quick shift, or how the clutch pedal holds up after a few high rpm quick shifts.

Preparing myself if I'll need to do any fluid swaps, or upgraded clutch lines in this car too...
yeah i just wrapped up the breakin.
def no grind, it just easily goes into gear as fast as you want. theres little resistance in the shifter up in that rev range just like when i changed to triple cones on the t56. I was shifting my 4th gen at 6900, this car at 6500 is butter.

btw i had the clutch fluid speed bleeder from tick on that car, what an amazing tool. you just reminded me about that. i would add one if it wasnt so involved to install.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:09 PM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
yeah i just wrapped up the breakin.
def no grind, it just easily goes into gear as fast as you want. theres little resistance in the shifter up in that rev range just like when i changed to triple cones on the t56. I was shifting my 4th gen at 6900, this car at 6500 is butter.

btw i had the clutch fluid speed bleeder from tick on that car, what an amazing tool. you just reminded me about that. i would add one if it wasnt so involved to install.
That's good news. My 4th gen (lots of work) needed a bunch of upgrades. I had to upgrade the clutch, upgrade the master cylinder, upgrade the clutch line, and do the Ranger turkey baster mod all the time or my pedal on long high rpm runs would sometimes stick to the floor. Pain in the ass, but I fixed it lol...