Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-23-2020, 06:27 PM   #687
Pro-2A

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1 MM6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
Operation is complete - waiting to bring everything back online - found this when removing the old throttle body:

Car only has about 8k miles on it - would a catch can prevent this?
Yup. Get that Catch-Can NOW! Your 8k mile engine in ingesting that garbage and whatever octane fuel you're burning is being reduced substantially because oil doesn't burn! Not to mention it's coating the stems of your valves.

Get a good one and mount it as far from the engine as possible; no, not near the exhaust manifolds either.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:03 PM   #688
BigGuy81
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to BigGuy81 Send a message via AIM to BigGuy81 Send a message via Yahoo to BigGuy81
Just ordered the TB and TC. Really looking forward to improved response.
BigGuy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:18 PM   #689
LinPark

Drives: 2017 2SS Vert Hyper Blue A8
First part of the relearn is done - still need a few more sessions before everything gets locked in. You can definitely feel the difference on the very first drive though - really wish the car had been like this from the beginning. Think I'll get a catch can next and then chase the TC after that. Big thanks to Mike and Soler Performance - well done!
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 04:46 PM   #690
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
First part of the relearn is done - still need a few more sessions before everything gets locked in. You can definitely feel the difference on the very first drive though - really wish the car had been like this from the beginning. Think I'll get a catch can next and then chase the TC after that. Big thanks to Mike and Soler Performance - well done!

What is it that you notice most? I ordered mine about 5 days ago, so I'm getting anxious
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:33 PM   #691
LinPark

Drives: 2017 2SS Vert Hyper Blue A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
What is it that you notice most? I ordered mine about 5 days ago, so I'm getting anxious
For me there was some hesitation when pressing the pedal and feeling the effect of that. Now there is just this smooth consistency between pedal movement and car acceleration. I'm betting that improves even more with the throttle controller. Good luck with your install and report back what you notice too.
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:50 PM   #692
HCI2000SS

Quote:
For me there was some hesitation when pressing the pedal and feeling the effect of that. Now there is just this smooth consistency between pedal movement and car acceleration. I'm betting that improves even more with the throttle controller. Good luck with your install and report back what you notice too.
Excellent, that's what I'm hoping for with mine. I definitely plan on posting here when I get it installed.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #693
HCI2000SS

Just installed mine tonight. I'm only 30 miles into the break in procedure, so I'm being very gentle at the moment. No codes, idle issues, etc. It's acting 100% the same as the stock TB. Even with light driving I can definitely feel a difference just like Soler has described. I'll obviously know more as I drive it more aggressively, but even now I'm very impressed.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #694
BigGuy81
Account Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to BigGuy81 Send a message via AIM to BigGuy81 Send a message via Yahoo to BigGuy81
Got mine installed yesterday. Immediate difference in response. Easily recommended mod from me.

Who is running the controller as well? What setting do you use?
Old 07-04-2020, 08:19 PM   #695
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy81 View Post
Got mine installed yesterday. Immediate difference in response. Easily recommended mod from me.

Who is running the controller as well? What setting do you use?
Don't know about you, but wouldn't want it any more touchey than it is now. Nice thing about the throttle body is that it actually mechanically changes the response verses just amplifying it like a throttle controller does. It's a true throttle response improvement over an enhanced one
Old 07-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #696
atx_traveler

Drives: blue velvet
Received my Soler throttle body last night, installed it, and went for a drive today. Everything feels great! No CEL, no surging or pulsing. Car is still adapting and I am as well, so I had a few rough shifts, but taking off is smooth and the throttle just feels like there is more range to it. One thing I would recommend (and I see others have earlier in this massive thread) is to start with the #4 bolt first, as that is the hardest one to access.

Thanks for a great product Mike. I'll be sending my core exchange back to you shortly.
atx_traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:47 PM   #697
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_traveler View Post
Received my Soler throttle body last night, installed it, and went for a drive today. Everything feels great! No CEL, no surging or pulsing. Car is still adapting and I am as well, so I had a few rough shifts, but taking off is smooth and the throttle just feels like there is more range to it. One thing I would recommend (and I see others have earlier in this massive thread) is to start with the #4 bolt first, as that is the hardest one to access.

Thanks for a great product Mike. I'll be sending my core exchange back to you shortly.

Which model do you have?
Old 07-08-2020, 11:09 PM   #698
atx_traveler

Drives: blue velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Which model do you have?

I did the 87mm for LT1. Car is an otherwise stock SS M6.
atx_traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:25 AM   #699
BigGuy81
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx_traveler View Post

I found that removing the intake tube and moving it out of the way helped immensely. After that accessing the bolts was easy.

Still loving the new TB. Can't believe something that takes 15 minutes to swap can make the car feel so different. This is definitely a mod anyone looking to make their car feel more responsive should do. For $275 it's an absolute no-brainer.

Also, Mike's customer service has been stellar. I've sent him multiple emails and even called him about the TB and the controller, and he's answered promptly and professionally. It's clear he's a guy who knows what he's doing and knows how to take care of his customers. I look forward to what he does in the future. I'd love to see him apply his skillset to intakes, manifolds, or headers. I'll be the first in line to buy if he does.

Last edited by BigGuy81; 07-13-2020 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:03 AM   #700
LeadFootDoc
Average Joe

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Just ordered mine yesterday. Pulled my existing tb just now. Will ship it to mike tomorrow. Can’t wait to join the club!
LeadFootDoc is offline   Reply With Quote