#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 03-03-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
CC2018SS1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ss 1LE
SS 1LE at Sebring VS Audi R8 GT V10

Went to Sebring for the 1st time, sick track, 3.7 miles, 17 turns
Took me 5 sessions to get the track down, very difficult but rewarding track.
This session I was running with a R8 V10GT and a C7 Z51. Had a blast, especially after I passed them
I was in the advanced class with full blown race cars, they were the only cars that passed me

https://youtu.be/N1-oTnJTin4
CC2018SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Holy shit, that ZR1 obliterated 3 cars in 3 turns

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:55 PM   #3
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2018SS1LE View Post
This session I was running with a R8 V10GT and a C7 Z51. Had a blast, especially after I passed them
I was in the advanced class with full blown race cars, they were the only cars that passed me

Nice to see you had a good run.

Which group did you run with? NASA/Chin? It's unusual to see cars in the Advanced group running 2:40 laps at Sebring. Most are 'in the teens'.

My PB is a 2:28 on OEM everything in my SS 1LE.

Putting everything together at Sebring is always a challenge, but so rewarding when you manage it.

Keep coming down!

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:37 AM   #4
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
I assume all these cars are stock?
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:15 AM   #5
JK001

Drives: ZHP, Alfa 4C, RAM, X5, 17SS1LE-sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post

Which group did you run with? NASA/Chin? It's unusual to see cars in the Advanced group running 2:40 laps at Sebring. Most are 'in the teens'.

Putting everything together at Sebring is always a challenge, but so rewarding when you manage it.

Keep coming down!
I was wondering about the advanced group comment as well....
JK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:17 AM   #6
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

Nice work!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 01:59 PM   #7
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:

Keep coming down!

Hi guys good points, I was running in the advanced group with race cars, mixed in, as practice for the races, that wkend
I was running with NASA, last weekend

My car is 100% stock except, I had 1.6deg negative camber put in the front to stop the extreme under steer, I had with the stock street alignment.
My times were pretty slow, due to two reasons,

#1 it was my first time at Sebring, its a big 3.7 mile, 17 turn, complicated track. I am still learning the tracks lines

#2 I was running on the Original stock tires with 2017 date codes, with 15,000 miles on them, 4 track days and a 1,000 heat cycles, they are shot, I could not give it much gas, or the rear would snap out. My new tires did not arrive, before I left for the track, Friday eve from Boca. But Im glad I went, I now know the track and with new tires I can concentrate on going faster. Even at my times, I was faster then almost all Mustangs and Camaros. I am going back on March 26th with new tires, if all works out with the weather.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:00 AM   #8
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:

Keep coming down!

BTW my fastest lap, looking at some other videos was a 2:32
Im sure with new tires and knowing the track, now, i will be in the mid to high 2:20s
Old 03-05-2021, 05:03 PM   #9
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:

Not your first rodeo, eh

Nice driving. If ya can add telemetry to your vid. My friend was there recently with Nasa and his C5 race car and another one for a Trans Am race.

Fresh tires will be the ticket. Also proper alignment to actually max the contact patch (about 2.6F 1.6R plus zero F toe and tiny R toe in work well for me handling and wear wise).

Have fun! Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:53 PM   #10
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Not your first rodeo, eh

Nice driving. If ya can add telemetry to your vid. My friend was there recently with Nasa and his C5 race car and another one for a Trans Am race.

Fresh tires will be the ticket. Also proper alignment to actually max the contact patch (about 2.6F 1.6R plus zero F toe and tiny R toe in work well for me handling and wear wise).

Have fun! Cheers!
Funny I have a factory PDR, but I left the SD card in my computer at home, so I just used my Go Pro.
Just putting 1.6 negative camber in front and 1.5neg in rear made a huge difference. I drive my car on the streets so I did not want to wear out my tires, with so much neg camber, while driving on the streets
I do 1:28s at PBIR with fresh tires, I know its going to make a big difference. Also after looking at my video, I am taking the wrong lines through turns 1 and 17, that alone can make up several seconds. those are the 2 hardest turns i Have seen, and I have been on 12 Tracks
Old 03-05-2021, 10:09 PM   #11
TrackClub

Quote:
Funny I have a factory PDR, but I left the SD card in my computer at home, so I just used my Go Pro.
Just putting 1.6 negative camber in front and 1.5neg in rear made a huge difference. I drive my car on the streets so I did not want to wear out my tires, with so much neg camber, while driving on the streets
I do 1:28s at PBIR with fresh tires, I know its going to make a big difference. Also after looking at my video, I am taking the wrong lines through turns 1 and 17, that alone can make up several seconds. those are the 2 hardest turns i Have seen, and I have been on 12 Tracks
I drive mine on streets and to and from, usually pretty hefty distances with no wear issues, albeit it is not a DD. I would easily go with 2.0F without worrying too much on a DD car. Just my experience with two 1LEs over 5 seasons now.

Not surprised you see extra time in T1 and T17. Both are long, high speed and high commitment corners. I dont doubt you'll shave off good deal of time next time. Cheers!
Old 03-05-2021, 10:24 PM   #12
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I drive mine on streets and to and from, usually pretty hefty distances with no wear issues, albeit it is not a DD. I would easily go with 2.0F without worrying too much on a DD car. Just my experience with two 1LEs over 5 seasons now.

Not surprised you see extra time in T1 and T17. Both are long, high speed and high commitment corners. I dont doubt you'll shave off good deal of time next time. Cheers!

Turn 1 is always a pucker for me...between trying to squeeze up to the wall and that moment where I wonder if I have carried too much speed and will push into the dirt.

I agree with TC about the camber...I run -2.3F, -1.5R with a very slight toe in the rear and drive mine a fair amount to/from events. I only had one incident of inside wear...that was due to a Orlando - VIR roadtrip + VIR weekend with a detour to Boone, NC.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:22 AM   #13
TrackClub

Quote:
Turn 1 is always a pucker for me...between trying to squeeze up to the wall and that moment where I wonder if I have carried too much speed and will push into the dirt.

I agree with TC about the camber...I run -2.3F, -1.5R with a very slight toe in the rear and drive mine a fair amount to/from events. I only had one incident of inside wear...that was due to a Orlando - VIR roadtrip + VIR weekend with a detour to Boone, NC.
Yep, in about 65 track days on my 1LEs ive only ever corded insides (both F) slightly once, due to running 3 days on very abrasive track. And that's with even higher camber PLUS a slight toe out (which i have zero out on my 2021). Even then, the wear was nice and even across.

I suspect with 1.6F the outside shoulder will wear our pretty quickly from track duty and way before insides. Especially if someone pushes the car. So, pick your poison In addition, low F camber will also minimize contact patch, so performance will surely be impacted in a negative fashion. Just my 2 cents...
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2021, 07:58 PM   #14
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:

Thank you guys, I will put more neg camber in my fronts, sounds like good advice.
I guess you guys are running camber plates, I heard very hard to get over 2deg neg camber, without them
What tire pressures do you run hot on the track? I run 37lbs F 38-39lbs R
As per the performance manual
Just Curious