Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
Justinb

Drives: 2011 synergy green SS
Supercharger for the wife

My wife has a 2011 camaro ss automatic with borla Stype and k&n cold air. She came to me yesterday and says she want it to be FASTER and wants a super charger. Obviously she would need a supercharger and a tune. She is not a racer she just wants it to go faster and sound meaner.

1. Is there any other requirements other than supercharger and tune ?

2.specific superchargers people like ?

3. What is the typical amount spent for Supercharger tune and install.

4. Hp gains?

Thanks Justin
Justinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #2
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

Drives: 2013 ZL1
SLP has a nice supercharger kit out there. Currently discontinued by SLP, but they are out there if you want one. They still advertise them. They are the easiest to install. You will need a cam if you want it to sound mean. Preferably a VVT cam. If you do that, you will need the heads pulled to swap out the AFM lifters with non AFM lifters. ZL1 fuel pump will be needed. FPCM can now be programmed with hptuners to support the ZL1 pump. You're looking at about 8 grand in parts alone

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, RPS Carbon Twin Clutch, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Idle Clip Link...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8S9eHwbs
ABADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i was thinking this was going somewhere different.my wife could use a supercharger too.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #4
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
I have a 2011 SS auto....I went with the magnuson heartbeat. Nothing else is needed if that's all you do. Stock fuel pump works fine. It was plug and play according to my installer. You can get as crazy as you want. I'm supercharged with my setup.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #5
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Where does one acquire the wife that asks for a super charger? I want both! Seriously, I see yer new around here. Maggie's are popular and sound very reliable. Whipple's, to me, seem like the SC for the serious enthusiast as well as a tracked car. Depending on other mods, (and boost) 100-150 HP gains.

Remember the old engineering rule: Change one thing cuz you want to, change three more cuz you have to. All the best of luck.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i was thinking this was going somewhere different.my wife could use a supercharger too.
You are not the only one. Dirty minds think alike.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #7
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Where does one acquire the wife that asks for a super charger? I want both! Seriously, I see yer new around here. Maggie's are popular and sound very reliable. Whipple's, to me, seem like the SC for the serious enthusiast as well as a tracked car. Depending on other mods, (and boost) 100-150 HP gains.

Remember the old engineering rule: Change one thing cuz you want to, change three more cuz you have to. All the best of luck.
I found the wifey at a carshow

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, RPS Carbon Twin Clutch, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Idle Clip Link...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8S9eHwbs
ABADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:04 PM   #8
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I was thinking this was one of those guys who buys his wife a vacuum for Xmas LOL but it looks like he's legit.... OP that's a cool request she made from you
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Wow! What a find! I'm not sure what mods you have so far, but long tube headers really help the cars sound mean and get good performance gains.

As for superchargers, as others have said Maggies, Whipples, SLP, Edelbrock, Procharger, there are many companies. Personally I'm looking at ADM performance and their LSA supercharger packages. For the truly mean package, how with their stage 3 setup. Cam, supercharger with a 2.5" pulley, LT headers and everything to put it together shy of a cold air intake. Since you're in Florida check out Fasterproms. Jeremy does a heck of a great job with LSA superchargers.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:43 PM   #10
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
See sig. This is the wifes DD. 80 miles a day.

The LSA is amazing and reliable.
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #11
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinb View Post
My wife has a 2011 camaro ss automatic with borla Stype and k&n cold air. She came to me yesterday and says she want it to be FASTER and wants a super charger. Obviously she would need a supercharger and a tune. She is not a racer she just wants it to go faster and sound meaner.

4. Hp gains?

Thanks Justin
On your way to a divorce.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:25 PM   #12
seven_kittens

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinb View Post

4. Hp gains?

Thanks Justin
Went with the edelbrock E force supercharger on mine. The mother in law has the exact setup on hers and no problems so far. As far as the cost to install one of these bad boys, I can't remember, but its not cheap.

Mother in law's car puts out around 580 hp. She has the ls3 in her 10'.
seven_kittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:37 PM   #13
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Nice request for a wife, and I would do everything to make it happen...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:57 AM   #14
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
I suggest taking out a life insurance policy first - then put the supercharger in her car.