Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #1
soceur77

Drives: 17 NFG ZL1 17 GTR 22 RS6
USAA to purchase ZL1

Just priced a A10 with PDR, Exposed carbon, and Nav for 66025 through USAA. Im assuming that's an awesome price, and if so just reminding those here that bank with USAA to not forget them as I almost did.
soceur77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:23 AM   #2
Blown355

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Yep. You get a nice discount through USAA!
Blown355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:25 AM   #3
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
I had forgotten about them when i bought mine...luckily i had the GM Supplier discount.

Good ole Upper Marlboro...been to that court house enough times for tickets My buddy used to be the Police Capt at that PG police station for a long time.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:37 AM   #4
bucknut2006

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10, 2015 C7 Z51
That's not that great of a price. Local dealers would sell that for around $63500 before an GM incentives. Sounds like standard supplier pricing which anyone could get regardless of USAA affiliation.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #5
soceur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut2006 View Post
That's not that great of a price. Local dealers would sell that for around $63500 before an GM incentives. Sounds like standard supplier pricing which anyone could get regardless of USAA affiliation.
For a A10 equipped as I listed? Damn show me the way......
Old 05-08-2017, 07:41 AM   #6
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
Just priced a A10 with PDR, Exposed carbon, and Nav for 66025 through USAA. Im assuming that's an awesome price, and if so just reminding those here that bank with USAA to not forget them as I almost did.
It's a good comparable price to those that have and stack other discounts, like supplier/loyalty for example (just an example not sure if that combo is possible).

The problem I had with USAA was that I now had 5 dealers calling me just because they had allocations at one point, not because they had the car I wanted. What was more of a pet peeve for me is that I was getting calls within minutes asking me what kind of options I wanted, when I know that info was included with what they received, all the while they didn't have any ZL1s and wouldn't be getting another one in some cases.

Ok end rant. Bottom line, USAA has good prices, and the matching interest rate discount from the car buying service as well.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #7
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
Love USAA and have had them for 25 years now. That said, they are NOT going to get you the lowest price. The nice thing about them is that they can make getting a GOOD price much more hassle free. If you want the best price, use USAA as a starting point and negotiate from there. I have done that on at least three vehicles. Additionally, as some have stated, USAA works through a network of dealers who subscribe to USAA's buying service and pay USAA for sending you to them. Sometimes the best deals are had by letting them know you have USAA (to include non-USAA dealers) and then seeing where they'll go. All the best to the OP and I am fighting so hard not getting rid of my brand new 50th and going with the ZL1. Beautiful machine!
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:52 AM   #8
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by toro1966 View Post
Love USAA and have had them for 25 years now. That said, they are NOT going to get you the lowest price. The nice thing about them is that they can make getting a GOOD price much more hassle free. If you want the best price, use USAA as a starting point and negotiate from there. I have done that on at least three vehicles. Additionally, as some have stated, USAA works through a network of dealers who subscribe to USAA's buying service and pay USAA for sending you to them. Sometimes the best deals are had by letting them know you have USAA (to include non-USAA dealers) and then seeing where they'll go. All the best to the OP and I am fighting so hard not getting rid of my brand new 50th and going with the ZL1. Beautiful machine!
Good point. Though "best" price will depend on the area. It could be the best price, but like you said, not what they're promising.

Another good point you had which I have first hand knowledge of is the possibility of being able to negotiate beyond that price. Not a guarantee, but not out of the question either.

Final note since we're talking about USAA, I've had an auto policy with them for the past 16 years. Each year it's gone up nickels and dimes (which adds up over 16 years straight), but I've also been "upgrading" my cars throughout that time which traditionally results in a little hike as well. So out of curiosity I checked out Progressive's rates through the online tool, comparing coverages apples to apples, and Progressive was MORE than 50% less than USAA (perfect driving record). So if you've been loyal to USAA, don't think that means they're doing the same. Do yourself a favor and shop around. (Note they have also reviewed this with me and were quite shocked, but stated they cannot match that rate).

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:06 AM   #9
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
I tried to get USAA for car insurance twice now in the past year and each time they came back ~$700 more than my other quotes. My brother-in-law and mother-in-law have USAA cause they were less, but for some reason they are a lot higher for my wife and I. We both have clean records for the most part, meaning someone ran into the back of my wifes car 3 years ago and that driver was charged, not my wife, but other than that nothing and very good credit for us both above 800. Weird...

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:08 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut2006 View Post
63.5k for an Auto with all the options. That would be supplier plus $2,500 in rebates and not everyone qualifies for supplier like you say.

USAA is not quite as good as supplier but it is a "fair" price. Also, as mentioned you need to deal with a dealer in their network and in the big city of Houston I've only found one in my area. Find that dealer, then find your car and compare what they offer versus what you can deal down to. If you need it, then use it, but clicking the final button to contact dealers will get you hounded by salesmen. That's even true using the supplier pricing website.

But I always use USAA for financing... Dealers love dealing with them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
I tried to get USAA for car insurance twice now in the past year and each time they came back ~$700 more than my other quotes. My brother-in-law and mother-in-law have USAA cause they were less, but for some reason they are a lot higher for my wife and I. We both have clean records for the most part, meaning someone ran into the back of my wifes car 3 years ago and that driver was charged, not my wife, but other than that nothing and very good credit for us both above 800. Weird...
Thinking I'm in the same boat as you, but I've always used their insurance for home and auto. Might do some checking around since this new Z was quite a bit higher than before. Do have to factor in the subscriber savings bonus they give back to insurance every year. Mine was $300 cash back in December.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:13 AM   #11
soceur77

Thanks for the advise given guys, as advise Ill use this quote as a starting point......also as Inferno0 stated, im already getting calls....will see how it pans out. Indeed I pulled out on USAA insurance wise years ago because they wanted to use progressive to cover my bike. I went with State Farm and was there for 10 years until I realize one day that after watching a million Geico commercials I never attempted to get a quote, turns out I saved 600.....boy was I pissed at all the money Id been throwing away. Turns out my insurance will only go up 7 bucks with the zl1 as well.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:31 AM   #12
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toro1966 View Post
This !

USAA will get you a 'good' price with little to no hassle relatively close to your location. After reading through the other posts here however I will be shopping some insurance companies.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:41 AM   #13
soceur77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
This !

USAA will get you a 'good' price with little to no hassle relatively close to your location. After reading through the other posts here however I will be shopping some insurance companies.
lol
Old 05-08-2017, 08:44 AM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
This !

I will do this as well. Mine renews in July so plenty of time to check around. But one piece of mind with USAA is the coverage is awesome if you do need it. No hassle and the repair shops love them too. Still hate throwing $$ away on insurance.