#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #71
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
I still think the Demon would destroy the Exorcist on a drag strip, the lack of horsepower wont mean squat when the Camaro cant hook up. The Demon is set up to drag in every way, correct suspension, cooling ect. But with only 3000 being made, I doubt we ever see them on the road/strip, they will sit in collectors garages and car shows.
I agree, you won't see many of them. I think it's awesome what Dodge is doing though hopefully there is a trickle down effect for the Hellcats. Driveline upgrades, fueling etc... Could offer some direct factory replacements that offer truly track ready parts.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:14 PM   #72
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
I've read A LOT of instances of people rightfully pissed off at the owner, John Hennessey, & his poor business practices, not against his cars. Google "people unhappy with John Hennessey" and you will get page after page of both angry ripped off customers and ex-employees.

From Jalopnik last year, "The ex-employees’ corroborating accusations included misusing company funds, using one customer’s deposit to build another one’s car, passing off subpar parts and components as exclusive and top-of-the-line equipment, using underhanded tactics designed to prevent clients from getting refunds, and consistently failing to deliver certain customers’ cars—especially when they were foreign buyers."
Holy shit you weren't kidding! I was reading for an hour or so on this guy. He even was bashing the 300c forum members calling everyone names and really behaving like an asshole. My god how does the whole car community not know about this guy?! I figured he would've been eight balled by the media by now.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #73
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
And again, this shit was like 15 yrs ago. Time to let it go. He'll forever never live this one down tho. haha. But, I doubt he cares. Living in his 8000 sq ft mansion and all. He gets the last laugh. And always will.
Not true. The large quantity of really bad stuff that got tons of publicity was in years past, like you said. He's still getting called out on crooked stuff as recently as last year. I don't think you would say time to let it go if he ripped you for $75,000 last year.

http://jalopnik.com/ex-employees-say...-ev-1778134112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt ss View Post
Holy shit you weren't kidding! I was reading for an hour or so on this guy. He even was bashing the 300c forum members calling everyone names and really behaving like an asshole. My god how does the whole car community not know about this guy?! I figured he would've been eight balled by the media by now.
I thought the same thing. I only started hearing about him a few years ago on a motorcycle forum where I'm a mod that also has lots of car guys.
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:41 AM   #74
TheDocKlopek

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Hennessey Exorcist Makes 959 HP At The Wheels

http://www.motortrend.com/news/henne...959-hp-wheels/

Not sure what the history is with Hennessey but seems a lot of you around here have some pretty strong feels.

I am new to this scene as of Nov but either way to me, this is damn sexy and I do want!
TheDocKlopek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:27 AM   #75
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Look it up, he's made his bed. Plenty of info online.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:51 AM   #76
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
My only personal experience with Hennessey was some headers that I purchased many years ago for a buddies car I was working on. The experience was positive. The headers arrived in a week and they fit perfect. Still on the car today without a single issue.

There is a guy locally that shows up at car shows that I have spoken to over the last 10 yrs or so that has an older Gen 2 Viper 650 package and a first gen Raptor 600 package. I've asked him about his experience with Hennessey and he has nothing but good things to say. Granted, both of his cars are bolt on packages. I'm wondering if things would would be different with a build as complex at the Exorcist.

Last edited by init4fun; 05-01-2017 at 08:02 AM.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #77
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I dont really see the apples to apples with this exorcist. The demon is a dodge product. The exorcist is an aftermarket modded car.

Have chevy build a demon crushing monster and sell it as oem trim package like dodge is doing. Otherwise, there isn't a comparison. At least not one worth talking about.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #78
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Certainly a lot of bad experiences and negative feedback about his shop. I don't think I'd ever get something like the Exorcist. Rather have the Demon honestly
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:45 PM   #79
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Look it up, he's made his bed. Plenty of info online.
Yes, and a very nice comfy bed it is!!! Shows you the power of his brand. 15 yrs of online bashing and he's still making that $. Nobody cares anymore.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:48 AM   #80
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Just when you think this was done ...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...he-dodge-demon
Old 04-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #81
trident
No Hope

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Black Coupe, 2017 Z06,
INSANE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post
Just when you think this was done ...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...he-dodge-demon
I here that besides the Dodge Driving School that comes with the death machine they send you to a shrink to see if you are insane. Question: does the car come with a child seat attachment point?
trident is offline   Reply With Quote