Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #71
Z06-SS

Drives: 2016 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
So this is a serious thread or no? If so, why hasn't OP said why he wouldn't get a 15 ZL1 instead? Why not a GTR?
Yo I'm back..lol. The Z06 is gone today, yes I enjoyed the power, but it was not all about racing & most performance I could find. I put 300 miles on the SS today and the 400hp felt great along with having an auto. It was nice having a free hand!

Uuhh GTR, no. I don't do Nissan. Always Ford & Chevy for me.

Only negative thing I noticed today, the SS needs another side console drink holders(I've seen them somewhere on this forum) and resting my arm on the top of door while driving is rough on elbow, I'll need to get in habit of using the lower arm rest. Needs more exhaust noise, but guess a catback system will handle that.....which one? Not too loud though?

Yes, I'm happy with my switch and the back seat is there to use if need.
Z06-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #72
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06-SS View Post
Yo I'm back..lol. The Z06 is gone today, yes I enjoyed the power, but it was not all about racing & most performance I could find. I put 300 miles on the SS today and the 400hp felt great along with having an auto. It was nice having a free hand!

Only negative thing I noticed today, the SS needs another side console drink holders(I've seen them somewhere on this forum) and resting my arm on the top of door while driving is rough on elbow, I'll need to get in habit of using the lower arm rest. Needs more exhaust noise, but guess a catback system will handle that.....which one? Not too loud though?

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=4986
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #73
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Solo FTW! www.solo-performance.com Their Mach XL catback is quiet when you want and loud when you need it AND drone free! I'd buy it again if I had to. Glad you're enjoying your Camaro.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:27 AM   #74
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Wanting something else because the Z didn't fulfill your needs, I get that. The two things I might comment about that are that one, the C7 Z06 is available with the automatic transmission, and two, that the rear seat in the Camaro is useless for anyone but a small child.

But this whole "paranoia" thing is beyond me. I promise you are going to get more door dings on the Camaro than you would the Vette. I owned a Corvette for 8 years and never got so much as a scratch from someone hitting it, and it was a c4. The Camaro, well, nobody really cares because to them, it's just a car. As far as the thieves and vandals, well, I don't know what to say about that other than if we all purchased based upon that fear of what "might" happen, we'd all be driving Corolla's. That's what insurance is for. I'll be damned if I let fear of what others think dictate what I drive or how I live.
I would say from experience with my convertible 2SS (which has an even smaller rear seat dimension) that you can fit adults in, as long as the front seat driver and passenger are not taller than 6 feet. I have enjoyed many a beautiful evening driving around with my wife and two adult sons in the back seat.

As far as getting scratches on a Camaro because "nobody really cares" due to it being "just a car," that is a bunch of POOP. I watch out for and care for my 2SS just like someone would for their corvette.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #75
CamaroSSMike

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS package.
Quote:

I did a quick rear exhaust delete on mine. I love it, you are right this cars came to quiet I should of done the exhaust delete as soon as I got it. It finally sounds like a V8!

Hurst Short trow shifter and bushings.
Cold Air Inductions cold air intake.
CamaroSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:34 AM   #76
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:

Do you happen to live in Memphis? Pretty sure I saw a SS with drive out tags yesterday afternoon just like the one you posted a page or two back.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:09 PM   #77
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
I would say from experience with my convertible 2SS (which has an even smaller rear seat dimension) that you can fit adults in, as long as the front seat driver and passenger are not taller than 6 feet. I have enjoyed many a beautiful evening driving around with my wife and two adult sons in the back seat.

As far as getting scratches on a Camaro because "nobody really cares" due to it being "just a car," that is a bunch of POOP. I watch out for and care for my 2SS just like someone would for their corvette.

The back seat may have been a little exaggeration, but not by much. I'm 5'8" and about a buck forty and wouldn't want to spend a lot of time back there.

As far the scratches and dings, I wasn't talking about us not caring, I was talking about the family in the SUV parking next to us that don't care. They see the Corvette and everyone's like, be careful honey, don't hit the car. The Camaro...not so much. (I will add my experience is in an area where Camaros of all varieties are pretty commonplace.)
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:35 PM   #78
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
I'm really glad you are enjoying the SS, but I just don't think I could have let that Z06 go!! That was gorgeous!!!!!! But, the SS will bring many smiles too!!!!
Old 08-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #79
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
The back seat may have been a little exaggeration, but not by much. I'm 5'8" and about a buck forty and wouldn't want to spend a lot of time back there.

As far the scratches and dings, I wasn't talking about us not caring, I was talking about the family in the SUV parking next to us that don't care. They see the Corvette and everyone's like, be careful honey, don't hit the car. The Camaro...not so much. (I will add my experience is in an area where Camaros of all varieties are pretty commonplace.)
Your right about the back seat. .... at 5'11 and 235lb it makes cleaning that back window on the inside quit an ordeal.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #80
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Your right about the back seat. .... at 5'11 and 235lb it makes cleaning that back window on the inside quit an ordeal.
This why I traded one of my Camaros in on the SS, now I can seat four full size adults very comfortably and go just as fast as the Camaro SS.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #81
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
This why I traded one of my Camaros in on the SS, now I can seat four full size adults very comfortably and go just as fast as the Camaro SS.
It sure is nice to have extra room when you need it.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #82
CamaroSSMike

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
It sure is nice to have extra room when you need it.
Main reason I don't go out and get a Vette is the backsit.

Hurst Short trow shifter and bushings.
Cold Air Inductions cold air intake.
CamaroSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #83
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMike View Post
Main reason I don't go out and get a Vette is the backsit.
I like vettes. ...but I don't think I would ever buy one. ...maybe..maybe the zr1 but thats it. They really never interested me that much....im more into muscle car.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:54 PM   #84
Z06-SS

Drives: 2016 Z06
The replacement, White w/blue leather.

Z06-SS is offline   Reply With Quote