Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #71
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
I got busted for a 90 in a 55, in a focus and the cop was picking on me cuz he didn't think my car would go that fast. But anyways he knocked it down to 70 and yes her was upset. But I never got a thing from the state of pa. So I don't know if I got points or not. But my ticket was like 150 bucks. I watch my speed now.
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #72
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigted83 View Post
I got busted for a 90 in a 55, in a focus and the cop was picking on me cuz he didn't think my car would go that fast. But anyways he knocked it down to 70 and yes her was upset. But I never got a thing from the state of pa. So I don't know if I got points or not. But my ticket was like 150 bucks. I watch my speed now.
Picking on you for going 35 over? You're lucky you drove away being that reckless. I'd be pulling my record if I was you... who knows you may be suspended.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #73
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I agreed with your previous comments until you said 140+. We ALL don't do 100. Most of us can get our fix at the track. Do I do 10, 15, 20 over...yea...now that something we have all done....

The original poster is NOT a bad person for doing 90-100. He made a mistake and learned from it...however you....you doing 140-150 through traffic where families are sure to be in close proximity is just being a flat out asshole..period
Wow you're either incredibly stupid and/or lack any reading comprehension. Please go back and read. 140-150 through "clear roads" for miles and miles with a car next to me. Clearly eluding to having a bud with me. How is it you afforded this car when you probably couldn't even comprehend the contract you signed when buying it.

The caravan going through traffic wasn't us cutting people off like morons. There was spaced out traffic on miles of relatively clear road.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #74
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
Yeah dude everyone that street races and goes fast kills a van full of kids. Shut the hell up. I have had various friends killed in speeding accidents I've felt the pain of it. I do it on my own will in a safe environment without endangering people. Save the lectures for people who actually have killed others in their cars.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #75
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
There's been all of maybe two or three people here that have said they have gone that fast before. No one has been chastising him because he was speeding... they're doing it because he was absolutely reckless about it. He got caught at far less than he was actually doing, and drove past the population (not in BFE).

No one is on a high horse... they're just being real about this. I can say absolutely without a doubt that I've never gone that fast before. That's just silly. There's a reason my dashboard says "Average Speed: 23.5mph".
My average speed is 18.5MPH.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #76
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
IF you can't afford a lawyer, just show up to court and face the music.

Consider it a blessing no one died or was hurt. You can always make more money.

I believe i got a ticket doin like 89 in a 60? or something. AFTER THIS, just slow down.

Having a drivers license IS a priviledge. Losing your license sucks.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #77
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Yeah dude everyone that street races and goes fast kills a van full of kids. Shut the hell up. I have had various friends killed in speeding accidents I've felt the pain of it. I do it on my own will in a safe environment without endangering people. Save the lectures for people who actually have killed others in their cars.
Funny. That's the exact same thing the guy said the day before he plowed into the van full of kids.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #78
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Funny. That's the exact same thing the guy said the day before he plowed into the van full of kids.

Yeah dude these vans full of kids come out on 3 miles of straight freeway with no mergers. It's amazing. They just pop out!

No wonder c5 is a joke in the forum world.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #79
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Get off your damn high horses. The only difference between most of you and the OP is that he got caught and y'all didn't.
No---I think the difference is that he did something incredibly reckless and dangerous, and came on here looking for absolution. Speeding on the highway to keep pace with traffic or going 10-15 over in a 65 MPH zone is worlds away from going over 100 MPH in a 45 MPH zone past a store where a cop happened to be parked. The whole idea of a speed limit is that it's a maximum speed for the road under optimum conditions.

Why don't you mention how much money your Mommy and Daddy have again to remind us all, then admit that this guy deserves a large fine and some driver education. I personally wouldn't cry if he had to spend 72 hours in Jail to have some time to reflect on exactly how dangerous what he did actually was.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #80
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
Quote:
Every single person speeds. I know not one person on these forums have followed their precious "posted" speed limits. Give the guy a break. He got caught going very fast, and know is going to face the consequences. He learned his lesson. Doesn't need internet camaro police to tell him he's a bad person who kills babies and innocent families.
He is the one who posted about it. Im sure he didnt expect sympathy.

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #81
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Quote:
Yeah dude these vans full of kids come out on 3 miles of straight freeway with no mergers. It's amazing. They just pop out!

No wonder c5 is a joke in the forum world.

Let's see............#1. Folks who are not condoning excessive speed (emphasis on excessive). #2. A relatively tight knit community of Camaro enthusiasts. #3. Folks who have a pretty powerful, fast vehicle, yet the large majority are responsible. With great power comes great responsiblity. You have the audacity to say that C5 is a joke in the forum world. From many other forums I have been on, there sure is a lot of respect for this "joke of a forum" The OP stated that he knew he was in the wrong. You seem to be the only one who sees no problem in the amount of speed he was displaying. Yes, the majority of us with a Camaro has exceeded the speed limit. I highly doubt anybody here is being a Hypocrite. (can you comprehend the word Hypocrite?) With all that being said. If C5 is such a joke to you, then, please feel free to go find a forum where people wreck $100,000 Mercedes, advocate excessive speed on "PUBLIC" roadways, and generally like to tell other members on the forum to "shut the hell up" That would be a good fit for you and I feel pretty confident that not to many members of this "joke of a forum" would shed a tear, nor would they miss you. Your post's for the most part are inflamatory, and serve no purpose but to stir up the pot.
Kycamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #82
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post

Why don't you mention how much money your Mommy and Daddy have again to remind us all, then admit that this guy deserves a large fine and some driver education. I personally wouldn't cry if he had to spend 72 hours in Jail to have some time to reflect on exactly how dangerous what he did actually was.
Why don't you go give an extensive lecture on how speeding.. oh wait no one really cares. Thanks for your useless input. And mommy and daddy got me a new 335i yesterday if you didn't hear Has some work done, throwing out 350horses. Got it up to 140 today. Was fun. Anything else?
Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #83
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
Let's see............#1. Folks who are not condoning excessive speed (emphasis on excessive). #2. A relatively tight knit community of Camaro enthusiasts. #3. Folks who have a pretty powerful, fast vehicle, yet the large majority are responsible. With great power comes great responsiblity. You have the audacity to say that C5 is a joke in the forum world. From many other forums I have been on, there sure is a lot of respect for this "joke of a forum" The OP stated that he knew he was in the wrong. You seem to be the only one who sees no problem in the amount of speed he was displaying. Yes, the majority of us with a Camaro has exceeded the speed limit. I highly doubt anybody here is being a Hypocrite. (can you comprehend the word Hypocrite?) With all that being said. If C5 is such a joke to you, then, please feel free to go find a forum where people wreck $100,000 Mercedes, advocate excessive speed on "PUBLIC" roadways, and generally like to tell other members on the forum to "shut the hell up" That would be a good fit for you and I feel pretty confident that not to many members of this "joke of a forum" would shed a tear, nor would they miss you. Your post's for the most part are inflamatory, and serve no purpose but to stir up the pot.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #84
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
You've been here for like a month. You don't even know the half of these forums. They go after people for using certain words. Go over to ls1tech, or any mustang forums. They all laugh at you. I personally laugh at these forums. It's filled with elitists 5th gen owners who think they have the best cars in the world. Anyone under the age of 25 is looked down upon by the vast majority, and you can't have fun with this car. Majority of posts are "what do you hang in your camaro," or "how do I know if I have an L99 or LS3?" I've been here since I got my camaro and have sadly started to hate the whole 5th gen community as a whole. Don't get me wrong, lots of you are cool, and have my respect, but mustang owners and fbody owners in general are a lot cooler. Lots of you remind me of GTO owners.